By special request of Lord Elvin, it's sharing 511

Started by Lynx, October 23, 2018, 02:01:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roscoe

Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Nelle

It's still raining here.

Lots of schools have cancelled in my hometown in Arkansas. It's begun flooding pretty badly. Hopefully it will slow down if Roscoe's already not got rain.

@Work. While it IS raining and cloudy here, I shut the blinds in the office so I won't have to see how dreary it is. PLUS it's Tuesday - so I get to listen on my headphones to music, Netflix, etc. I enjoy the chillness of Tues/Thurs in this office. I do have loads of work to do, but I'm glad I at least get to listen to something other than the printers, the heaters, the lights, and the coworkers talking, haha.

The Purple Fuzzy

sunlight

Quote from: Nelle on February 12, 2019, 02:34:47 PMIt's still raining here.

Lots of schools have cancelled in my hometown in Arkansas. It's begun flooding pretty badly. Hopefully it will slow down if Roscoe's already not got rain.

@Work. While it IS raining and cloudy here, I shut the blinds in the office so I won't have to see how dreary it is. PLUS it's Tuesday - so I get to listen on my headphones to music, Netflix, etc. I enjoy the chillness of Tues/Thurs in this office. I do have loads of work to do, but I'm glad I at least get to listen to something other than the printers, the heaters, the lights, and the coworkers talking, haha.

Tell me more about your work schedule... why are tues and thurs so different than Mon, wed and fri?
  :attackhug: Be full of hugs!

Lynx

Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on February 12, 2019, 04:28:26 PMThankfully the sun is shining here today.
"Oh you can't hold back the dawning
For the morning's sure to come
If the night should find you wanting
Just a little while, you'll see the sun"
~Hinsons
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Nelle

Quote from: sunlight on February 13, 2019, 03:36:34 AM
Quote from: Nelle on February 12, 2019, 02:34:47 PMIt's still raining here.

Tell me more about your work schedule... why are tues and thurs so different than Mon, wed and fri?

Our office has one less person who works in it (in the room with me), and she's the bid coordinator so the estimators kind of slack off a bit on being so needy. We all tend to be more talkative on MWF when she's in the office, too. Plus I feel rude wearing my headphones when she's in here with me LOL.. tho I sometimes do it if I really need to focus. I think Mondays are just so intense due to the weekend and all the businesses that Tuesdays are really slack in comparison. Wednesdays are payroll for me plus the normal workload so I'm high stress most of the day, so Thursdays are chill again, haha. Fridays are just busy due to being the last day of the workweek, but also more enjoyable because it's Friday. :)

Sometimes T & Th are just as bad as MWF, depending on what's going on that week with bids and whatnot, but usually I can count on T & Th being a little easier on my mind. :)

Yesterday I was even alone in the building for about 3 hours, haha. Silence was bliss!

MsJennJenn

I'm alone in my quiet and peaceful office every single day. :hypocrite:

No coworkers. No noise. No one to bother me. Usually the only person who calls me that I'll actually answer is my boss haha.
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Roscoe

Quote from: MsJennJenn on February 13, 2019, 04:58:17 PMI'm alone in my quiet and peaceful office every single day. :hypocrite:

No coworkers. No noise. No one to bother me. Usually the only person who calls me that I'll actually answer is my boss haha.
Oh for that...LOL. I have folks in and out all day. Fridays, though , are my "me time". Either home visits or in my office alone getting paperwork done.
This Friday is different though. I've got to go to Pine Bluff to take a test, then back home, then back to Little Rock that evening...
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

MsJennJenn

"When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Roscoe

:hi: Made it through the day. Spent most of it in court, and bitterly regretting the decision to eat at Wendy's for lunch. I'd about talked myself in to staying home tonight and our Wednesday night teacher texted me and asked that I teach, as he had personal issues and couldn't. So despite feeling like crud and being in a committed relationship with the bathroom, I took a chance and went, starting our multi-week study on holiness at the pastor's request. I survived. Now I'm debating going to work tomorrow or calling in....

Nelle

Jeremy threw together a "chicken chili" for supper last night. Since he threw stuff together, it didn't actually end up being a "chili" but more like a new version of "chicken gumbo" and delicious. I loved it. LOL. I brought a whole container with me to work to eat on today and tomorrow.  I am taking off Monday for my birthday and Jeremy's off for the federal holiday - so we are going to Arkansas to see my parents and friends after church Sunday morning and we will come back on Monday evening sometime. I'm so excited. I need my parents again, haha. Plus some good ole relaxation.

sunlight

Quote from: Roscoe on February 14, 2019, 04:00:12 AM:hi: Made it through the day. Spent most of it in court, and bitterly regretting the decision to eat at Wendy's for lunch. I'd about talked myself in to staying home tonight and our Wednesday night teacher texted me and asked that I teach, as he had personal issues and couldn't. So despite feeling like crud and being in a committed relationship with the bathroom, I took a chance and went, starting our multi-week study on holiness at the pastor's request. I survived. Now I'm debating going to work tomorrow or calling in....

Did you call in?

Roscoe

Quote from: sunlight on February 14, 2019, 05:37:46 PM
Quote from: Roscoe on February 14, 2019, 04:00:12 AM:hi: Made it through the day. Spent most of it in court, and bitterly regretting the decision to eat at Wendy's for lunch. I'd about talked myself in to staying home tonight and our Wednesday night teacher texted me and asked that I teach, as he had personal issues and couldn't. So despite feeling like crud and being in a committed relationship with the bathroom, I took a chance and went, starting our multi-week study on holiness at the pastor's request. I survived. Now I'm debating going to work tomorrow or calling in....

Did you call in?
No, I toughed it out. I didn't feel as bad this morning, and knew I had 14 offenders scheduled, so I really didn't want to leave that to my coworkers. Besides, I have to be gone tomorrow from the office- I have to drive to Pine Bluff and take a test. I think I've mentioned it before- at three years with the agency, an officer is eligible for promotion to "Agent". It usually comes with a pay raise, so most folks are eager to get it. It requires passing a test, going through a Leadership Class, then a panel interview. I really had no intention of trying for it, since thanks to God's Blessings on me and my transfer means no raise, but my boss really wants me to get it. In part , it'll look better for our area to have more Agents. So I'm doing it, just for them..LOL.

I just pray I don't goof around and fail it. That would be embarrassing.

And Lou and I are going to an awards banquet tomorrow night that I apparently may be an honoree at. It's semi-formal, so we will get to dress up and go to the Country Club. We decided we'd make it our Valentines day celebration.

Lynx

Ooooooh, you're going to be an Agent now! Not even just an agent, a capitalized Agent!

Do you get a code number and a silenced pistol? Maybe you could be Agent double-0-root13.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

MsJennJenn

He's not 007' lol.... :roll:

It's 72 degrees today. LOVE IT.

Got a new couch w/my income tax. It delivered today and I'm so in love with it!
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Roscoe

:pound: Sorry Dogs.  Anyhow- I passed my test. 50 questions, made a 94%. Was really concerned- they gave us TWO HOURS to take the test. I completed mine in ten minutes and was highly concerned that I had messed up and rushed. Went over it again, and turned it in.
Now, I've a week long training to do, then an interview before I can claim Agent.

Lynx

"Do you sing at church?"

The Purple Fuzzy

sunlight

That may help him when he eats mexican food...

mini

DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Lynx

Oh great! I never thought about that, but Chel and mini you are both all too right about that!
"Do you sing at church?"

Heather

I have a kidney stone. It's not fun. People keep telling me it's like having a kid. I don't have a kid and therefore do not get their point of reference.

We have a new kitten. Can't remember if I've said anything about him because I can't remember the last time I was on here. He has definitely shaken up the house but everyone is getting along well.
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

Roscoe

:pound: Mini, Chel, Fuzzy and Isaac.... Sorry Heather about the bouncing baby kidney stone.

Lou, Chey and I enjoyed a day of riding in the Jeep and going to flea markets. Possibly the perfect day.

Roscoe

Another day...another no postings...
We slept in today. Then after church I went in and worked a couple hours to get some audits done. Glad I am off tomorrow...

Lynx

Our sound board is dead. Long live the new sound board. They installed it last Thursday.

The old sound board was analog. The new sound board is digital. Turns out this is a MASSIVE difference in control schemes. It's still the same basic concept - soundboard takes a lot of inputs and routes them selectively to a lot of outputs - but an analog board has a big grid of knobs for everything. A digital soundboard doesn't need all those knobs because everything is done in computer-space. So instead of a big grid that makes sense, you get whatever control scheme the manufacturer thought was best. The user manual is something like 150 pages, PDF file of course.

Bro. David is the guy who runs the soundboard during church. I'm just the troubleshooter. Bro. David gets nervous whenever anything changes. As in, anything at all. If I swap out the laptop I keep in the sound booth for recording sermons, I put the exact same recording program on the new computer, with exactly the same shortcut keys, exactly the same interface, and he still gets nervous about a new computer instead of the one he's accustomed to. This has been a hard week for Bro. David.

I told him, "Look, just do what I do with that Reaper program I use for making soundtracks. Reaper has a lot of functions because it is made for a lot of different uses, but nobody uses ALL Reaper's functions. I only use the parts of Reaper that I need to do what I want to do, and I don't worry about the rest. All you need is to hit the Main button, and the faders control what is going out the house speakers. If somebody wants something turned up or down in a monitor you hit that monitor button and the faders control what is going out that monitor. Then hit the Main button again. Just ignore all the rest." That seemed to help him a bit, but he's still more nervous than a bread baker at a gluten-free convention.
"Do you sing at church?"