News:

The staff of Godplace.com welcomes you to our little house of fun. If you have a spiritual need, feel free to  contact any staff member.

Main Menu

By special request of Lord Elvin, it's sharing 511

Started by Lynx, October 23, 2018, 02:01:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roscoe

Quote from: Lynx on February 05, 2019, 02:05:47 PM
Quote from: Roscoe on February 05, 2019, 01:46:10 PMMan. This place has died. Folks need to start posting again. :sadbounce:
What do I say when there's nothing to say?

*shrug

I woke up this morning. I got a long drink of water and sat down to play Ghost 1.0, a new metroid-ish game. I ate a can of turnip greens and some pizza, and at some point a slice of chocolate cheesecake.

In about 35 minutes I'm going to head out the door, feed my dog and go to w*rk. At that point my life will take a downward trend, but it would be a lot more downward if I did not go to w*rk because my wallet would start griping a lot.

LOL. You are probably the only person I know that would eat a can of greens. I like them too, but I generally want them as a part of a "sit-down" meal.
Our computer system is forever more slow this morning and it is annoying me.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Nelle

I love shopping, but I dislike paying, lol. Groceries, clothes, shoes, etc. Love.

Contribution statements are out and about. Finally finished the conundrum that was the books last night. FYI - It's always user error. LOL. It took deleting the page completely and redoing it from scratch to figure out where I went wrong. But I'm SOOOOO thankful. GLORAAY. I'm not even kidding. I could've shouted all over the house. Now my weekends and weeknights can be focused on cleaning my HOUSE! When we put together Jeremy's computer room and made it into an office for us, we had to move a LOT of stuff around that hadn't been touched in years. So now I have to organize our home. We have to have a livable home again, haha. Yay! Plus our kitties are very glad that I am able to play and hold them again. They very much resented the busy-ness of the house.

Now I get to start working on year-end job schedules here at work. Woo.. (don't read that as too excited, haha)  It'll be okay. It'll be over eventually. :)

Lynx

Ain't nothing wrong with a can of greens... Especially when I have been eating mostly starches and dairy lately and I wake up with a very specific hunger. It is not my normal go-to breakfast choice.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Roscoe

Urgh. Lord, I NEED to be rich. This working thing is for the birds. Court today, and the church tonight and a bible study I haven't prepared...:sadbounce:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

mini

DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Roscoe

About time you came back...
Shew. Long day. Now to get something together for tonight's service. Hopefully.

The Purple Fuzzy

:hi: It's almost 80 today and supposed to be 28 tomorrow night.
This crazy weather does a number on my joints.

sunlight

:attackhug: Be full of hugs!

Roscoe

:hi:
It is steadily getting colder here, and the blesset rain HAS to STOP! My lord, I am tired of water. He promised to never destroy the world by flood- I think He might need reminding...LOL

MsJennJenn

Yea in the 70's yesterday....it's in the 40's now.... :roll:
Supposed to back up in the 60's by Sunday/Monday. SO OVER IT. GIVE ME MY 100 DEGREES. :demand:
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Roscoe

The Purple Fuzzy

Roscoe

Been too busy to say anything. Lou and I went to Olive Garden for dinner last night/tonight for a rare date night. Need prayer for my mother in law- her grandkids that she has raised has now decided that at age 13 and 15, they want to live with their other grandmother , a chain-smoking do-whatever-you-want type. My mother in law is very upset and down about it. She's literally devoted herself to these kids for the last 10 years, even when it cost her, and now she feels they have just thrown her away.

The Purple Fuzzy

That's hard. I hate that. I'm praying  it all works together for good.

Roscoe

I appreciate it. Those kids don't realize they are hurting someone who literally sacrificed everything for them. I want to go snatch the little brats up and beat 'em, but I don't think it'd have the desired result.
'And in sharing, Chey and I had some time at the range today. She and Lou are napping, and I am thinking of going to Walmart and grocery shopping.

Roscoe

Rain again. And gp is apparently dead now. No one posting other than me and fuzz for the most part. I miss having folks post here...

Lynx

Post post post post post. Parcel post. Post holes. Post haste. Postscript. Post cereal.

I got five pounds of dried peaches and boiled them up. That's a lot of peaches once they soak up some water...

Okay let me explain. I like jam with no sugar, no acid, no artificial sweetener that tastes more chemical than sweet... just fruit. But nobody sells that, at least not around here, so I get bags of dried fruit, boil them up, mash them down, boil them down a bit more and stick it in the fridge. I got a five pound bag of dried peaches because that was the best per-pound cost I could find for dried peaches.

So Thursday night I got home from w*rk and found my shipment had arrived. I dumped the whole bag in a big soup pot with a gallon of water and started them boiling. Then they swelled up on me and I got the feeling I had made a mistake.

I dealt with it though, and now I have a lot of little containers of mashed peaches in the freezer. I won't have to do that again for a good half a year or so.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

The Purple Fuzzy

I am here. We had some apples that we're getting old. Hubby peeled them and I cooked them up and made hand pies. I used my regular pie crust recipe but I think if I do it again I'll look up a crust recipe specifically for the purpose. They were good but the crust was a little thick but if I rolled it too thin the filling came through.

mini

Posts.

We had a powerful church service today.

It was one of the top ten church services I have ever been in in my life.  Something happened here in the spirit that has never happened.  Words can't explain it.

Also, last night was our sectional valentines banquet.  It was good fun, then at the end they prayed for my wife.  Holy Ghost took over and kids all over were caught up in the spirit.  What was meant to be a banquet, turned into a Holy Ghost outpouring!
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

sunlight

:attackhug: Be full of hugs!

Roscoe

Morning all. I miss GP peoples too. I also miss having a functional sewer system, but it's hard to complain about it knowing that it is under about a foot of water, with no relief in sight for at least the next 24 hours. That reminds me- I need to call Robbie and pick his brain about a French drain I think will alleviate some of my issues, see if there's any design problems I'm missing before I hire a backhoe. Of course, there's no rush in that, as I can't do anything with it raining at a rate of an inch an hour... :roll:
Life this weekend was - usual. Nothing much done. I'm ready for pretty weather, where I can actually get stuff done. Work wise- this week will be busy- normal day to day schedule, plus I have to audit 30 cases from a Little Rock Officer for the department's audit, then Friday I go to Little Rock to take a test- I hope I pass- and rush home to turn around and go BACK to Little Rock for a work related awards banquet,  then Saturday is our church's Valentines day banquet. Truth of the matter is, I'd as soon miss all of that.

Lynx

Take a cue from your dog. When it's raining and there are things you need to get done that you can't get done, take a nap instead. When the rain drains and you can get stuff done you will be in better shape to get it done.

Besides, naps totally rock.
"Do you sing at church?"

MsJennJenn

"When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Nelle

I want a nap.

I'm going to force myself to watch another episode of that Tidying Up. I need inspiration on a dreary, rainy Monday evening, hahaha..

Roscoe

Well, the rain seems to have stopped. About time. I'm going to bed early tonight since I have to be at work an hour early tomorrow. Chey's already went to bed. Very unusual for my little night owl.. I needed to make myself work on Rusty's door panel. Somehow, though, I wound up working over an hour at work, then came home and took a bath. Never made it past the "thought" phase...lol.