News:

The staff of Godplace.com welcomes you to our little house of fun. If you have a spiritual need, feel free to  contact any staff member.

Main Menu

BIG Twins

Started by The Purple Fuzzy, June 20, 2008, 07:24:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Purple Fuzzy

Wow, that is HEAVY for twins!

http://abcnews.go.com/Health/story?id=5213178&page=1

Woman Births Titanic Twins
Babies May Respresent Second-Heaviest Twin Birth This Century
By ALLYSON T. COLLINS
ABC News Medical Unit
June 20, 2008—

Erin Maynard of Winston-Salem, N.C., says she's a "little tired, but hanging in there"  a major feat, considering that her 5-foot-10-inch frame was carrying more than 23 pounds of baby just a few days ago.

Thirty-six-year-old Maynard gave birth Tuesday to what may be the second-heaviest set of American twins born in the past hundred years, weighing in at a combined 23 pounds, 1 ounce. As a testament to the babies' size, if laid end-to-end they would measure just over four feet in length.

Sean William emerged first at a healthy 10 pounds, 14 ounces. But his two-minutes-younger sister, Abigail Rose, dominated the womb at 12 pounds, 3 ounces.

Only two weeks earlier, an ultrasound had shown the babies at about nine pounds each  so neither parent had expected them to tip the scales as much as they did...

cont.

almondjoy

All I can say is WOW!

Sis

All I can say is OUCH! 

A friend had twins and it was so hard for her at the end. She gained so much weight, she could hardly move. Her babies were only around five pounds. I can't imagine overweight babies like that. PHEW!

I hear that fertility drugs can do that.

The Purple Fuzzy

This lady didn't take fertility drugs or have diabetes, it's amazing.

Sis

I'm glad it didn't happen to me, I still say OUCH!   :laughhard:

almondjoy

* almondjoy would gladly go through that in order to have a baby  :sadbounce:

mesipie

ouch...did she have them c sect. or vaginally

i hope she took drugs...epidural
its mesi: mee see...not messy

messaypah to only a certain few...lol...

nicolejoy

She had them C section. And at 38 weeks!!!! Imagine if they'd gone full term??