News:

The staff of Godplace.com welcomes you to our little house of fun. If you have a spiritual need, feel free to  contact any staff member.

Main Menu

Thanksgiving dinner for two

Started by kkay, November 07, 2007, 03:50:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kkay

Hi, there. I'm in need of some ideas for a smaller portioned Thanksgiving dinner.

All ideas are appreciated :)

Sister_Mom

You can buy turkey breasts or just the legs, or thighs. One turkey breast would be enough for two, unless you want to cook some extra for that turkey pizza WT posted in the Thanksgiving recipes thread or other leftover turkey recipes.

I think for most recipes, especially holiday recipes that are usually designed to serve 8, you could just half everything and it should work and you'll have leftovers. I normally hate leftovers, but for Thanksgiving, the leftovers are the best!  :thumbsup2:
God determines who walks into your life....it's up to you to decide who you let walk away, who you let stay, and who you refuse to let go.

MelodyB

:drool:

Or....yall could just crash someone else's big family dinner.
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

kkay

I figured that most things could be scaled down to fit our appetites. Just gotta brush up on my math skills :)

Sister_Mom

Quote from: apostolic_girl04 on November 07, 2007, 08:26:32 PM
I figured that most things could be scaled down to fit our appetites. Just gotta brush up on my math skills :)

Just divide everything by 2. 1 becomes 1/2, 1/2 becomes 1/4, 1/4 becomes 1/8...... or you could use the measuring cup or spoon and measure out the full amount and pour half out.  :grin:
God determines who walks into your life....it's up to you to decide who you let walk away, who you let stay, and who you refuse to let go.

MelodyB

I could do that...and I cant do math at all.

:hypocrite:

kkay

I realize it's that easy..was just joking :)

MelodyB

My comment was for Mom... Inside joke.

kkay

Chseeads

Cornish hen instead of turkey.  lol

kkay

kkay

I've decided on this menu:

-marinated chicken breast
-mashed potatoes or diced, seasoned potatoes
-corn
-macaroni (homemade :fork:)
-green beans
-sweet potato pie