News:

:teeth: To crack the Top 10 posters, you must have over 11,000 posts. :teeth:

Main Menu

Untill when can you take a bath with your baby?

Started by joyeuse, June 25, 2007, 10:18:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

joyeuse

Ok, yesterday i was with my SIL and she has a baby girl and say to me she never take a bath with her, even the baby being in the bathroom with her. For me i think there is no ploblem, cause they are young. But now im wondering if its good, specially if the baby has the other gender. Give me your opinion

nicolejoy

Personally, I think that if they are becoming "aware" of themselves and also you (your body I mean), or old enough to "notice the differences", then they're probably getting too old. Particularly if they're the opposite gender. But I think that at Theodor's age, it's still ok, in my opinion!!!

I had showers with Ashleigh or let her in the bathroom when I was showering until she was about 2 or 3 or so... I know some people who are ok with it much older than that, or like to stop much younger. So really, it's a personal choice...

Melody

I second Nicole's explanation.  My mom took me noticing body parts at about age 3 for a reason to stop all physical affection.(had nothing to do with bathing)  I know that's extreme, but the idea that small children will be scarred by knowing or seeing a mama's body for bathing or dressing purposes is more reflective I think of the skewed perception of the parent, not the children.  How many of you remember anything under the age of 3?  And how much do you remember?  I think, that tells us right there, how significant it is/isn't.

okieoliveoyl

I keep Landon in one of his toys (car exersaucer thing....) in the bathroom with me if i'm taking my shower...if logan isn't home.  I don't think there is a problem until he's old enough to realize things are diff ...
Gods Promise: "This to shall pass"  not "and it came to stay"

joyeuse

I agree with ypu. for me, till at least 1 year i think i can take him in the bathroom, while taking my shower.

Chseeads

Then after that for another few years you won't be able to keep him from at least trying to come in while you're taking a shower.... "Mommmmmmyyyyy!!!!!!  *bang bang bang*  Let me innnnnnnn!!!!!!"

lol

nicolejoy

Ashleigh used to do that when I was in the bathroom. It was like "WHYYYYY did you lock the door!! Mummy says you're not allowed to lock the door!!! LET ME IIINNNNNN!! I'm gonna tell Mummy!!!!!!!"

chelleebelle

Quote from: Chseeads on June 28, 2007, 01:51:10 AM
Then after that for another few years you won't be able to keep him from at least trying to come in while you're taking a shower.... "Mommmmmmyyyyy!!!!!!  *bang bang bang*  Let me innnnnnnn!!!!!!"

lol

You are so correct!  I don't think that it ever ends.

okieoliveoyl

we'll be good until he finds the key to the door..... hahaha..
Gods Promise: "This to shall pass"  not "and it came to stay"

mesipie

i take baths with landon...took em with luke till he was 3 or 4...not 4 nearly 5...but maybe early 4...
its mesi: mee see...not messy

messaypah to only a certain few...lol...