News:

Remember to check out the Devotions & Poems forum!

Main Menu

Photos!

Started by newkris, February 21, 2007, 02:48:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

newkris

very cool, michael.  i love to see pics of places i've never been.  some day . .  maybe . .. . 

view from the bridge

my neighborhood
\\\\\\\"i want to say more than words when i write\\\\\\\" - kent d. curry
me, too.

myspace.com\\\\\\\\krisknowshim
there are times in the whirlwind of my fragile life that i have hidden under your words, your voice.

newkris

okay, experts, how do i make those pics smaller so they don't take up the whole screen?
me, too.

there are times in the whirlwind of my fragile life that i have hidden under your words, your voice.

SippinTea

Michael, I love those pictures!!! I'm particularly interested in where you took the 2nd pic and the one with the island. I really hope I get to go back to Europe someday and see more than just one country.

:beret:
"Not everything that is of God is easy." -Elona

"When you're wildly in love with someone, it changes everything." -F. Chan

"A real live hug anytime you want it is priceless." -Rachel

terp

Waahh!!  I wanna go to Europe...  Those are beautful pictures.  Wow!
The grace of imperfection...amazing.

newkris

do do do . . lookin' out my back door . . .

it's beginning to look a lot like . . oh wait.  isn't it supposed to be spring soon?

me, too.

SippinTea

Man, Kris! Yer makin' me stinkin' jealous with that first pic! Stop it, will ya?

newkris

this one needs trav's blue and orange thread.  this was the pic at my desk for the last 6 weeks.

me, too.

apsurf

how is yalls photos coming up where you can see them... Mine go strictly on attachment?

newkris

yalls?  how many people are you talkin' to at once? 

i don't know about all those other people, but i just use photobucket and copy the image link and . . tadah!  just like jolene told me!  it's there!  are you going to post pics of the snow in your backyard, too?

it's really coming down now . .let's see if i can get a better one . . .
me, too.

apsurf

all we have is dust right now... :cry:

newkris

here's for you sippintea!

me, too.

SippinTea

RainbowJingles

Kris:
When you're in photobucket, click in the checkboxes next to the pics that you want to use, THEN click on the
"Generate HTML and IMG code" (I think that's what it says)
and choose the message board thumbnails code.  That's best.  Then people can see the small version and click if they want to see it bigger.

Hope it works for ya!

nytxn

A close up of the cross at GZ

A shot taken a few months ago from the back of my apartment complex, overlooking the wildlife preserve behind us

From my back porch, that same day...

Bull Creek Falls down the road from me....

newkris

that's a fabulous pic from GZ.  i love the contrast of the three phases . . . the place that you can't get beyond, the cross standing alone in the middle of the destruction, and then the building beyond that wasn't moved and is in the middle of being cleaned.  it's like a message of respect and hope and determination to get past the hurt, to rebuild, to continue.

that's probably way more than you meant when you took it, but that's what i see.  very, very cool.
me, too.

NessasMama

All I can say is WOW!!!!!!!!!! Ya'lls pics are so amazing!!!!!!!!! I just got a really nice digital camera today, so, I know what I will be doing tomorrow!!!!!

Here are a few that I already have.

Bad Little Falls........................one of my favorite places.

I was born weird -- this terrible compulsion to behave normally is the result of childhood trauma.

nytxn

Quote from: newkris on February 27, 2007, 02:16:07 AM
that's a fabulous pic from GZ.  i love the contrast of the three phases . . . the place that you can't get beyond, the cross standing alone in the middle of the destruction, and then the building beyond that wasn't moved and is in the middle of being cleaned.  it's like a message of respect and hope and determination to get past the hurt, to rebuild, to continue.

that's probably way more than you meant when you took it, but that's what i see.  very, very cool.

What struck me about the whole thing was the fence the authorities put up that kept people away from the cross...

It spoke to me about the fences certain religious authorities put up to keep people from the cross of Christ... and their redemption.

nytxn

Quote from: NessasMama on February 27, 2007, 02:27:47 AM
Bad Little Falls........................

That's powerful. Where is it, Nessas?

NessasMama

It's Machias, Maine. It's just a little tiny dot on the map!!!!!!
I was born weird -- this terrible compulsion to behave normally is the result of childhood trauma.

nytxn

I love Maine.

My aunt and uncle used to go to Kennebunkport every year and bring back pictures... gorgeous pictures.

I've been there only once about 14 years ago, but I fell in love with the place. I went to Bangor.

AmberMarie

Gulf Shores, Alabama this past October

Some waterfall in Mentone, Alabama

San Fran....the crooked street

My backyard

NessasMama

It's really pretty her, but, that's all we've got going for us!!!!!!!! There is nothing here to do at all. If you want to buy a pair of socks we've gotta travel an hour and a half!!!!!!!

AmberMarie

Olsen Springs, Japan

Kyoto Tower, Kyoto, Japan

Cozumel, Mexico

Playa Del Carmen, Mexico

AmberMarie

The end of Africa...where the Indian and Atlantic Oceans meet...Cape of Good Hope, South Africa

My Family in SA, still at the Cape of Good Hope.

Restaurant in the OpryLand Hotel, Nashville, Tenn.

SippinTea

Amber! I love the one of your family at the Cape of Good Hope!