News:

Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

People eat this???

Started by World Traveler, December 08, 2006, 08:55:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

World Traveler

Just some recipes I found in my cookbooks while trying to find some recipes for Potato soup and Onion soup...

Avocado-Jello Salad
1 small pkg. lime jello
1 cup boiling water
1/3 cup mayonnaise
1-3 oz. pkg. cream cheese
1 tsp. onion juice (scrape from fresh onion)
½ cup celery-chopped fine
1 ripe avocado
1 tsp chopped parsley (optional)
1 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice

Dissolve jello in boiling water
chill to jell like thick syrup

Blend on blender mayonnaise, avocado, cheese, onion juice, and mix well together, jello and celery. Chill until well set

Peanut Butter and Pickle Sandwiches½ cup peanut butter
½ cup chopped pickle
¼ cup cream or hot water

Cream peanut butter and water together and add chopped pickle. Use between thin, buttered slices of bread

Peanut Butter and Onion Sandwiches
1 cup peanut butter
¼ cup mayonnaise
1 small Bermuda or Spanish onion

Beat peanut butter, add mayonnaise and spread sandwiches. slice onion in very thin slices and put a layer of these over mixture on bread.
There is no statute of limitations on murder or bad first impressions.

I am enjoying my second childhood.
It is a lot of fun.
I have money this time!!

Marry, divorce, marry someone new, divorce, marry again, divorce, marry again... Polygamy on the installment plan.

Tsalagi

Udied4meIlive4U

sounds like something a  cravin , pregnant women would eat. ewww

KaylynMarie

~* You see the real me, hiding in my skin, im broken from within, unveil me completely, im loosening my grasp, theres no need to mask my frailty cuz You see the real me...*~

Udied4meIlive4U

How about this,

Elephant Stew

Ingredients

1 Elephant
10 Warthog
100 kilogram tomatoes
half ton potatoes
2 bags onions
100 kilogram salt
1 wheelbarrow onions (heaped)
10 liter vinegar
20 liter chutney
4 Guineafowl

Method

Hunt the elephant, warthog and guineafowl. Hang guineafowl to ripen. Cut elephant into edible chunks, (will take about a month). Boil the warthog with other ingredients (except guineafowl) till nice and juicy. Now boil elephant chunks over high flames till tender. (will take about 4 weeks) and add everything together. Boil for another 5 to 7 days.

Produces about 3,500 helpings.

Note: If the above isn't enough, add the guineafowl as well

yumm ha jk NO WAY!!

Amelia Bedelia

I hate peanuts so the peanut butter ones sound gross but the avocado jello sounds like it might be good

Backseat Radio

only thing i've got to say is YUCK

Tricia Lea

Quote from: Chante on December 09, 2006, 04:05:20 AM
sounds like something a  cravin , pregnant women would eat. ewww
Way back when I was pregnant.  I never craved anything that nasty

lol
some things people come up with

Me

Back in the early '70s, I had a new portable typewriter, and on the same day, I bought a Woman's Day and a Family Circle magazine.  In one of the magazines was a contest for Jell-o recipes.  For fun, while trying out my new typewriter, I made up a recipe.  On a whim, I sent the recipe in to the contest.  A little while later, i received from Jell-o an affidavit to sign.  I laughed and threw it away.  I got a second on and did the same.  Upon receipt of the third one, I opened it, and it said I had won second place internationally, and if I did not sign and send back the affidavit within a certain number of days, I would lose my prize!  I took it to a notary public, as they said, and sent it in, receiving my prize.  First prize was a trip -- to Europe, I think.

I had never made the recipe -- I just made it up ad my typewriter.  When my mother-in-law heard I had won 2nd prize, she asked me for the recipe.  I told her, and we both said, "Yuck!" and we never made it.  We don't know anyone who did, and now, I have fairly-well forgotten the recipe.

SippinTea

Peanut butter and pickle sandwiches are really yummy! But I've never added the cream or hot water. Try it! You might be surprised!  :P
"Not everything that is of God is easy." -Elona

"When you're wildly in love with someone, it changes everything." -F. Chan

"A real live hug anytime you want it is priceless." -Rachel

LarryTheCucumber

you got it, sis!!!  :great:

some people just don't know good food when they see it  :teeth:

mini

Quote from: Chante on December 09, 2006, 04:36:13 AM
How about this,

Elephant Stew

Ingredients

1 Elephant
10 Warthog
100 kilogram tomatoes
half ton potatoes
2 bags onions
100 kilogram salt
1 wheelbarrow onions (heaped)
10 liter vinegar
20 liter chutney
4 Guineafowl

Method

Hunt the elephant, warthog and guineafowl. Hang guineafowl to ripen. Cut elephant into edible chunks, (will take about a month). Boil the warthog with other ingredients (except guineafowl) till nice and juicy. Now boil elephant chunks over high flames till tender. (will take about 4 weeks) and add everything together. Boil for another 5 to 7 days.

Produces about 3,500 helpings.

Note: If the above isn't enough, add the guineafowl as well

yumm ha jk NO WAY!!

That recipe isn't right.  It calls for one hare.  The hare is optional though, cause some people don't like hare in their stew.
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Sister_Mom

Quote from: SippinTea on December 11, 2006, 05:26:35 AM
Peanut butter and pickle sandwiches are really yummy! But I've never added the cream or hot water. Try it! You might be surprised!  :P

I actually thought that one looked pretty good when I saw it. That's one I would try!  :great:
God determines who walks into your life....it's up to you to decide who you let walk away, who you let stay, and who you refuse to let go.

acjmom

grilled pickle & cheese sandwiches are really good :yum:
just make a regular grilled cheese, with 2 slices of cheese, and put hamburger sliced dill pickles in between the cheese slices.
"Your problem is not the problem.  Your reaction to the problem is the problem"  -Pastor Brian Kinsey

SippinTea

Now you're talkin'! I love dill pickles on almost anything. (Okay, maybe not in choc chip cookies...)
"Not everything that is of God is easy." -Elona

"When you're wildly in love with someone, it changes everything." -F. Chan

"A real live hug anytime you want it is priceless." -Rachel

Me

I'll tell you what looks scary to me: KFC's bowls, with all that food mixed together.  Nasty.  I could write more, but I dare not write what I REALLY think.

Tricia Lea

I dont like anything with pickles
Quote from: Me on December 11, 2006, 05:12:50 PM
I'll tell you what looks scary to me: KFC's bowls, with all that food mixed together.  Nasty.  I could write more, but I dare not write what I REALLY think.
I  love those kfc bowls

Me

Oh, TriciaLea!  Please tell me what there is to like about them!  I have never talked to anyone who has eaten one!

Tricia Lea

Now I didn't say they was healthy, but they are good
It does look bad but it is good tasting
I could go without the fries on top and usally eat them off but it is good even though mixing everything up looks nasty
One of those things you dont need to eat too often cause they're loaded with calories and fat but they are good

Sister_Mom

Quote from: TriciaLea on December 11, 2006, 05:14:51 PM
I  love those kfc bowls

Quote from: Me on December 11, 2006, 05:17:12 PM
Oh, TriciaLea!  Please tell me what there is to like about them!  I have never talked to anyone who has eaten one!

I've never eaten a bowl! I've never known anyone to eat a bowl either. Seems like that would be quite painful. Well, if it's just a plastic one or styrofoam, maybe not as painfull. :silly:

And I love pickles too! Yum!
God determines who walks into your life....it's up to you to decide who you let walk away, who you let stay, and who you refuse to let go.

Tricia Lea

Quote from: Sister_Mom on December 11, 2006, 06:35:53 PM
Quote from: TriciaLea on December 11, 2006, 05:14:51 PM
I  love those kfc bowls

Quote from: Me on December 11, 2006, 05:17:12 PM

I've never eaten a bowl! I've never known anyone to eat a bowl either. Seems like that would be quite painful. Well, if it's just a plastic one or styrofoam, maybe not as painfull. :silly:

And I love pickles too! Yum!

:pound: :pound: :pound:

Me

Perhaps you don't know what they are advertising here as "bowls"?

Sister_Mom

Quote from: Me on December 11, 2006, 06:52:03 PM
Perhaps you don't know what they are advertising here as "bowls"?

Nah! I was just being sarcastic. As you can see, TriciaLea understood and gave me the well deserved  :pound:.

:laughhard:

Sorry, carry on.  :grin:

Tricia Lea

DENNIS

Grosssssssssssss  on all of those recipes...lol
When Praise goes up, his presence is known.