News:

:teeth: To crack the Top 10 posters, you must have over 11,000 posts. :teeth:

Main Menu

Erroneous scientific studies: Religious people are less intelligent than atheist

Started by PetriFB, August 14, 2013, 04:21:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PetriFB

In America Rochester's university has been made scientific studies and analysis led by Professor Miron Zuckerman, which claims that religious people are less intelligent than non-believers. Journal of Personality and Social Psychology Review published a summary for this scientific study. When I researched this study, so on my mind arose many thoughts that prove this scientific study as the provocation of atheism in which they show their contempt to the certain group of the people. On my writing, I also bring out some thoughts about the article of Knoxnews.

The whole article is in my site: http://www.kotipetripaavola.com/religiouspeopleandatheists.html

Lynx

Saw that on yahoo news.  Didn't take time to read the whole article.  What is the chaff to the wheat?
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Melody

If only the atheists knew that what they think they know, is actually wrong.  Lol

Unfortunately, there are also ignorant Christians that don't care to know tons of things because they feel justified in knowing what they know thus far. In this, they invalidate their witness.  God has given us TONS of truth and wisdom but so often we just choose to acknowledge a few things because applying more would actually cause us to be completely separate from worldliness.  I can understand both an unchurched and backslider's frustration.  Grace goes a long way in removing the frustration.  But it is still a problem.

A sincere person, in my experience, doesn't have much to counteract when explained to in very basic terms, why pork is no longer an abomination but homosexuality is. A kid can understand that and doesn't have to be shrouded with the go-to answer of "it's symbolic/ceremonial/just for Israel to be separate."  So can many other things but we fail I think in breaking it down as simply as Jesus did in His parables and instead look for there to be enough feelings for someone to have faith. I believed the ones who followed Jesus did so not because of His miracles but because His teaching was SO true. It blew their minds. We have that capability by His Word and Spirit, to use things to be proven factual and common sense to realize the spiritual.

I'm pretty excited when modern science gets it right so that we can relate how perfect and right God indeed is, even before science finally progressed enough to explain it.  The Bible is 100% correct.  Always.

Melody

Petri, you might enjoy this

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=I-jk9ni4XWk

It's the religious people living the longest, fulfilling lives.  Who then is making the greater contribution?