News:

What happens if you get scared half to death twice? -Steven Wright

Main Menu

We See What Car Roscoe Will Test Drive in Sharing 495

Started by mini, August 02, 2014, 01:43:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roscoe

I'm sure electricity loss is just a few months around the corner for us. Bah. I hate winter.
And in sharing- it's october, it's cool outside this morning- that means it is baking time. Am experimenting with raspberry creme cheese sweet rolls, got the dough rising now. I shall see if they are edible or go in the no more experiments file.....
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Roscoe

And at the risk of being accused of flooding the board.....I just noticed that, around 10 am on this day, 2010, you folks received a wonderous blessing, when I signed up for this board.:hypocrite: Doubtless I have improved the level of intelligent conversation here. :hypocrite:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

MsJennJenn

Pfft.... :roll:

It was 61 when I left this morning - glorious weather. Too bad it's back in the 80's now.
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Heather

Had a fun morning at the King's farm this morning. They allowed me on the farm to take pictures and ask questions for a presentation I have to give at school. It's for my Environmental Anthropology class. Most people are doing sad stories about soil and water pollution. I decided to do a more cheerful story and who would pass up a chance to hang with the Kings? Sis Barbara is the sweetest woman on the planet.

Now to do homework and head to youth service this evening.

And it's 8 days til vacation!!!!
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

The Purple Fuzzy

Quote from: Roscoe on October 03, 2014, 04:27:36 PM
Am experimenting with raspberry creme cheese sweet rolls, got the dough rising now. I shall see if they are edible or go in the no more experiments file.....
So, how'd it turn out?  Sounds good.

The Purple Fuzzy

Quote from: Roscoe on October 03, 2014, 06:03:52 PM
And at the risk of being accused of flooding the board.....I just noticed that, around 10 am on this day, 2010, you folks received a wonderous blessing, when I signed up for this board.:hypocrite: Doubtless I have improved the level of intelligent conversation here. :hypocrite:
We're most definitely glad that you are here to liven things up.

Chseeads

I guess we're glad for Roscoe...though it pains us all to say so. :P

I want to go crawl in a hole and hibernate somewhere for several years. 

But, instead, I'm eating a bean bowl after I did poop and one tiny card thing and a bunch of errands. 

Gotta get ready for church in a little while to go to Orleans. 

:smirk2:

Roscoe

Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on October 03, 2014, 08:01:16 PM
Quote from: Roscoe on October 03, 2014, 04:27:36 PM
Am experimenting with raspberry creme cheese sweet rolls, got the dough rising now. I shall see if they are edible or go in the no more experiments file.....
So, how'd it turn out?  Sounds good.
Well, they were messy to put together. I made the filling out of raspberry perserves and cream cheese, softened with just a bit of sugar...but I went and added a little milk, which made the filling too thin. Even so, after getting them rolled and baked, they were delicious. I wouldn't imagine them in a magazine appearance wise, but taste was perfect........If I leave the milk out next time, I expect they would be perfect. Also, instead of mixing the preserves and softened cream cheese, I think I'll apply the preserves directly, then just cut up the cream cheese in blocks and spread it on the dough before rolling. I expect that would do nicely. I was flying completely off of my own little brain which is dangerous. :laughhard:

Chseeads

Yes, that sounds like a disaster looking for a place to happen.