News:

Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

We See What Car Roscoe Will Test Drive in Sharing 495

Started by mini, August 02, 2014, 01:43:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lynx

Too bad the 64 galore doesn't extend to where I can reach it...

When you said "mail kids" did you mean children or goats?
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Roscoe

Quote from: Lynx on August 08, 2014, 01:10:53 AM
Too bad the 64 galore doesn't extend to where I can reach it...

When you said "mail kids" did you mean children or goats?
Children. Seriously. I read an article a while back that said that parents would attach the postage to little ones' coats and send them with the postman, who would relay them place to place until they reached their destination. In effect, mailing them...this was sometime in the 20's or 30's I think the article said.
http://www.snopes.com/photos/people/mailingchildren.asp

Nope- made illegal in 1913.. I was off on the date.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

MelodyB

I have been craving biscuits and gravy. So tonight at publix, (yes I know, my rival store...) I got some of those frozen like-homemade biscuits and some gravy mix. Saturday, I plan to get up, make breakfast and then go fishing. It's gonna be a great day!

One more day of work to get thru though. I can do this. :great:
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Lynx

Bobby:  That's craaaaazy!

MelodyB:  You should try the biscuit and gravy pot pies your own workplace sells.  They're actually not that bad.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

MelodyB

What department? Frozen? Cause I know we don't do those in the deli! I would love that too much!

sunlight

Wait... What is this garage sale you are talking about!?
  :attackhug: Be full of hugs!

Roscoe

Quote from: sunlight on August 08, 2014, 03:23:29 AM
Wait... What is this garage sale you are talking about!?
Most of Hwy 64- you'll remember this is the old main road through our town, past the library, runs almost all the way to Mini's house- will be lined with garage sales. Heavily concentrated in the towns....they claim something like 160 miles of yard sales I think. Last year, or year before, there were everything from guns, to knickknacks to a genuine coffin for sale. Thankfully it was new, not used......It's heaven for a junker....
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

The Purple Fuzzy

Chseeads

Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on August 07, 2014, 12:03:23 PM
Quote from: Chseeads on August 07, 2014, 04:45:54 AM
Got some ducks in the mail today.
That just seems so weird. I didn't even know you could mail stuff like that before seeing you mention it.

And today I got chickens in the mail.

:ugly:

There's stipulations on what you can mail...you can mail newly hatched poultry, or poultry that is of a certain age/size/weight that is older, and adult birds.  You can mail other stuff like bugs and bees and what not too.

The Purple Fuzzy

Lynx

MelodyB:  Yes, pot pies are in the freezer section.  They have chicken, turkey and beef pot pies with potatoes, peas and carrots, and they also have morning pot pies with sausage and gravy filling.
"Do you sing at church?"

Lynx

"Do you sing at church?"

MelodyB

Quote from: Lynx on August 08, 2014, 01:18:49 PM
MelodyB:  Yes, pot pies are in the freezer section.  They have chicken, turkey and beef pot pies with potatoes, peas and carrots, and they also have morning pot pies with sausage and gravy filling.

Hmmm. I'm gonna go look. I'm at work right now... :fork:

MelodyB

Ok the only pot pies I see in the breakfast is a Banquet ham, cheese and potato pot pie. There are some hot pocket looking ones that have steak and egg and cheese, or sausage and egg in them. And plenty of ready made biscuits and sausage and stuff like ham McMuffins. No sasuage gravy pot pie. The only thing I saw with the gravy was a Bob Evans bowl thing with a biscuit and gravy.

Strange.

Lynx

Yeah, the sausage and gravy pot pie is the same brand, Banquet.  Also same color box as the potato/ham/cheese.  Those two are the only ones with an orange/yellow box.  Grandma practically lived on those for a few months, but now she never gets them anymore. Strange they would have everything EXCEPT sausage gravy over there.
"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

Well. Got up, steam cleaned the floors, washed the guest bedding as instructed by the spousal unit, cleaned up the rest of the house.....went to town and mowed the church yard. Nearly killed myself by driving off the embankment. Thank God for the concrete wall stopping me. That's one thing I don't like about the new Zero turn. Stopping is not its strong point. :smirk:
Collateral damage was it letting the air out of the front tire. Aired it up, then went and mowed the other yard I cut. Now- I've came back home to dry the guest room bedding and pick up the Lincoln. Then it's back to town to grocery shop, and maybe the library and run by the 64 Galore thingie...shew, lands I am tired.....

Lynx

I am spending the whole day doing absolutely nothing of any redeeming value whatsoever.  But just reading all that stuff Bobby is doing made me tired.
"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

Hourly update: :hypocrite:
Grocery shopping done, steaks marinating- may or may not get to grill them, as it is looking like rain- cheesecake in the oven, hamburger defrosting for Chey's "Cowboy Beans" that she wanted.
In other news, I am fixing to dispose of Chey's cat. Chey just had to have it, so I gave in and let her. He's cute, active, and destructive. I don't want to declaw him, because I have no intention of allowing him to be an inside cat indefinately. But he has scratched each of us up. I also caught him on the couch with his claws making little needle marks in the leather- the furniture that took us 10 years to get.
Then tonight, I find that he has climbed up on the crate we lock him in at night and destroyed a foot square section of wallpaper in the bathroom. Last straw. Chey's crying but this devil from hell is destroying everything I work for faster than I can fix it. It's half a step from being killed, as opposed to being given away. :mad:

The Purple Fuzzy

Lynx

When I was growing up we always had a cat.  The trick is to learn the sound that in cat language means "don't do that."  I'd call you Bobby and demonstrate, but I can't remember your house phone number.

My little sweetheart Nancia, the most recent cat I had, responded very well to it.  If she did something I didn't want her to do I'd make the sound and she'd stop and look up at me.  I would make the sound again and she'd calmly turn around and walk away from whatever it was.
"Do you sing at church?"

Chseeads

Lynx

What a combo...

Although considering some of the cards I've seen, it would be hard to say which stank worse, the poop or the cards.
"Do you sing at church?"

Chseeads

The Purple Fuzzy

Roscoe

It has been an awesome day, even with the humidity and the occasional rain showers. We have enjoyed our company immensely, and have had an awesome time. God truely is good to us, and one of His greatest gifts is that of awesome friends....