News:

Did you sleep well? No, I made a few mistakes. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

We See What Car Roscoe Will Test Drive in Sharing 495

Started by mini, August 02, 2014, 01:43:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chseeads

MelodyB

I'm up. Headed to work. Thankful for a job...thankful for a job...thankful for a job...thankful for a job...

Just need to have that on repeat today...I'm NOT feeling the get-up-and-go-to-work feeling this morning.

I had a really bad night. I wish I could have a redo. :smirk2:
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Lynx

Bobby: This is why I do computers, not cars.  For my vehicle I have a mechanic.  If my computer isn't working right I can wipe out the whole OS and install something that does work.  :cool:
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

The Purple Fuzzy

Quote from: MelodyB on August 15, 2014, 10:39:14 AM
I'm up. Headed to work. Thankful for a job...thankful for a job...thankful for a job...thankful for a job...
Just need to have that on repeat today...I'm NOT feeling the get-up-and-go-to-work feeling this morning.
I'm with you on this. :yawn:

Roscoe

Discovered that the refund for the altenator hit the Paypal account. Since that's already paid for, I took the money and bought a new injector for Rusty. Think he's fixed. :clap:
Discovered that my sister Tami had a stroke last night and is in Conway hospital. Of course NO one called me to let me know. I will go by and check on her in person this evening. So much for the youth rally Bro Wilson wanted me to attend with him. To be candid, I really wasn't looking forward to the rally, mainly because I don't like crowds and already have to take one of my nights off (tomorrow night) for a make-up night shoot, but I really didn't want to miss so I could go to a hospital.... LORD. If I don't go by and check on her, I worry AND I look like an uncaring idiot.
It'd be nice to have a cabin in the hills right now, and move there for a few weeks away from anyone.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Lynx

SETH!  Stop hacking Bobby's account!  Shame on you!  :nono:

Oh wait... that was really Bobby?
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

Heather

I've had the entire hall to myself this week. They moved us all from summer housing to our fall assignments. I'm in one of the oldest buildings on campus. The first night was terrible. The second night I was allowed to move to my permanent room on the second floor. Also went by housing and I'm currently not assigned a roommate so I may get the whole semester by myself. [cough cough Mel. that means I have a spare bed in my room. cough.]

This is our last weekend before everyone starts to move in. The first wave comes in on Wednesday. There goes my excellent parking space. sigh. Thankful for the subcompact now though. I can fit my Yaris just about anywhere.

My former car [my horrible Passport] was sold at auction and now funnily enough lives out near Brandon's house in Holston Valley. He passes it all the time. He hates that car. hahahahaha.
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

Chseeads

Long day of poop and cards. 

It's wearisome having my sick and decrepit family in the shape they're in.  *sigh*  Lord, help us.

Roscoe

Hello, Heather. Long time, no speak with...:hi:
Got a call as I was headed to Conway to check on sister. Yesterday or around then, apparently some destructive idiot broke into our church. :mad: Didn't steal a thing. Just emptied a fire extingusher all over the men's prayer room, threw the brand new cordless mic against the wall shattering it, then broke into pastor's office. He took a decorative knife off the wall there, punched two holes in the sheetrock, broke the glass out of all the picture frames, then left the knife stuck in the wall. Oh, and the idiot shoved the drumsticks through the bass drum.
He better hope God or the city police locate him and I don't. 'Cause where I put those drumsticks will hurt him more than they did our drumset...I promise that.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

MelodyB

:o

Glad I have an alibi.

In better news, those sausage gravy breakfast pot pie things Isaac was telling me about, I mush have looked when we were out of stock, cause I looked again today and they had magically appeared. So I bought 4 of them. They were $1.00 each. Then I get home, Donna was gone to the store, and when she had returned, she too had found them at WM, and bought two for me. They were 0.94 at WM. Lol so now I have pleanty of them. I sure hope they are good now that I have a bunch I have to eat.

And in other work news...I was right about not wanting to go to work today...UGH. About noon I text Donna and told her I was on the verge of just sitting in the floor and bursting into tears. I was stressed and tired and for some reason, just emotional and felt like I couldn't handle it all. It lasted clear up till I clocked out and went home. Not a bad day really from a work standpoint, we were busy ALL DAY, and it wasn't a bad busy, but for some reason, I was just not with it and my emotions were whacked. But I made it.

In other other work news, we had this manager, who I will call Mr L. I didn't like him much, he was ok, but we really didn't get too friendly since I started at WD. No one really liked him, and a lot of the other employees talked bad about him frequently. I was off on Wednesday, and apparently a bunch of people from corporate came in, fired Mr L and brought us in a new store manager...when I went to work yesterday, I was pleasantly surprised that Mr L was gone and the manager that took his place?...one of our managers from my previous job at Harvey's! I love this guy! And so far, he has been in our store for just three days and there has been a MAJOR difference! I am so glad of that!

I'm off the weekend...I was wanting to go to Pensacola like I always do for the Summer Revival with Bro Stoneking, but it's been cancelled cause Bro S has to have an emergency surgery and hospital stay so he won't be making it to Fl to preach for us. :(

And I think that is all. 

Roscoe

Well. Got up this morning and took Chey flea market shopping....one of the fle markets HAd a kid's size violin that she wanted, but we didn't have the cash for it when we saw it recently. So she decides she wants to take the money out of savings for it. I let her do so, but when we got to the flea market, that particular booth was closed and everything gone. She was heartbroken- until we went by the second flea market and she found a kid's size wooden rocker she just HAD to have. I'm happy too- it's much quieter than the violin would've been...:lol:
Came home and fixed Rusty's newly developed leak. I'd knew he was leaking some coolant for the past little bit but could not find where for the life of me.  Just enough that I would have to top it off every few weeks, no puddles. Became apparent this morning....there's a coolant tube very near the injector I just replaced. It had a pinhole and was jetting a tiny stream out. A hacksaw, hose clamp and ten minutes knocked that out...

The Purple Fuzzy

MelodyB

The gravy pot pie is delicious!

Had one for breakfast and I enjoyed it.

Chseeads

Lynx

Quote from: MelodyB on August 17, 2014, 02:28:36 AM
The gravy pot pie is delicious!

Had one for breakfast and I enjoyed it.
It's the only pot pie in the whole Wal-Mart freezer section that is actually worth eating. 

Quote from: Chseeads on August 17, 2014, 05:33:17 AM
You're a weirdo.
...says the weirdo.
"Do you sing at church?"

The Purple Fuzzy

Chseeads

Speaking of pot....is Mellow Yellow still alive?

Roscoe

Quote from: Chseeads on August 17, 2014, 06:24:46 PM
Speaking of pot....is Mellow Yellow still alive?
No idea. I had her as a friend on fb but haven't saw her post since around the time she deleted her account here. Wish I knew why she left us all like that..

Heather

i have been plum lazy all day. enjoying my last few days of quiet before the 83 other girls move into my building. went to my cousin's wedding yesterday. got to see some family i hadn't seen in a while.
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

mini

DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Lynx

Quote from: mini on August 18, 2014, 11:25:17 AM
Ugh.
With so many people sounding like Seth this week, it's hard to determine which one is the real Seth...
"Do you sing at church?"

The Purple Fuzzy

Lynx

"Do you sing at church?"

Chseeads

:hypocrite:

I'm pleased with all the flattering behavior.

:smirk2:

MellowYellow probably went off the grid because we were onto her herbal ways.

MsJennJenn

I asked her once. She did say it was partly because of the "pot" references we joke about often. She didn't mind too much, but also didn't want to be portrayed as such either. Plus she was really just weaning herself off of the internet, felt it wasn't in line with where she was headed. She's not even on FB anymore. :smirk2:

In other news. I'm at work. Overslept. Didn't eat breakfast. Coughed so much after waking up I almost upchucked. There was a wreck on the opposite side of the freeway, semi like jack-knifed and he's hanging half off of the bridge. Good grief. But lookie-loos have to slow to a crawl to see what's happening. So I rolled into work an hour late. Yay.  :roll: :noo:
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine: