News:

:teeth: To crack the Top 10 posters, you must have over 11,000 posts. :teeth:

Main Menu

We See What Car Roscoe Will Test Drive in Sharing 495

Started by mini, August 02, 2014, 01:43:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Purple Fuzzy

MsJennJenn

"When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Chseeads

Lynx

Another day, another drama-filled work shift.  No drama directed at or because of me, but still... bleh!

Sure will be glad when Wednesday night church time gets here and I can be around some normal people for a change.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Roscoe

And in a surprising and refreshing reversal of what Isaac just posted- drama free work day. In fact,  at present time, things are going well indeed.
On a personal note- I may be stuck with the Lincoln for some time, as my friend and I were unable to strike a deal on the trade. Must be God's will. Scheduled to preach/teach tomorrow night. Have a thread of a thought, typed some notes, still feel kinda "BLAH" undecided on it- we'll see what God says tomorrow. At least I'm not walking up with nothing- which has been the case in past times.I think God is trying to beat me over the head with the whole "open your mouth and I will put words in it" concept.
I study, I plain read without studying, I pray- and it seems like when I apply myself to put together a sermon, at least 75% of the time I get instant block. Weird thing is, I'm not nervous or anything. Used to , the thought of having to preach brought cold sweats, and the thought of doing so without a note was faint inducing. Now- I know God will do what is necessary, if I get out of the way and let Him use me.
I still don't think there's any fear of me becoming a conference speaker though. :lol:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Lynx

What's really neat is when someone at work, or at the store, or wherever strikes up a conversation about God or religion and you suddenly notice you are rattling off bible verses you didn't know you knew and explaining them with an insight you didn't know you had, and all the while you're talking to them you're thinking to yourself "How did I know that?!"  :cool:
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

Newsman

Babs

Religion is worthless until it is able to move outside the walls.

My latest blog post.

Chseeads

Babs

Religion is worthless until it is able to move outside the walls.

My latest blog post.

The Purple Fuzzy

MsJennJenn

Came home from choir tour sick. Still sick. Yesterday I got off work, didn't even eat dinner. Was asleep by 7pm. Woke up about midnight to close the blinds, turn out all the lights and take more medicine. Then I went back to sleep.
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

sunlight

:attackhug: Be full of hugs!

Chseeads

The Purple Fuzzy

Roscoe

Quote from: sunlight on August 13, 2014, 02:14:28 PM
Robbie got me windchimes!
You like windchimes? My father in law makes them sometimes...
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Roscoe

Canst these bones of a forum live? Thou knowest......
:hi:

Lynx

I heard one preacher say the prophet took the easy way.  "I dunno... only you know that Lord."
"Do you sing at church?"

The Purple Fuzzy

Roscoe

sunlight

Here was my morning... Lol. I felt like roscoe!

Dear Robbie, I just want to start this with saying I am sorry for the mess in the kitchen, I promise to fix it when I get home tonight... But this is how it happened: So you know this morning I got up and had a few extra hours before I had to be at work so I thought I would cook something. Or a few something's since we have company that may come this weekend... Well, it started out with getting the pie crust dough that I had waiting for me in the fridge soft enough to work with- so I stuck it in the microwave on defrost, and it worked perfectly. Yes! Well then I needed the butter melted, so I thought I would put it in the microwave on defrost just like the dough- well, it worked... Much faster... So much that I had butter all over the microwave...  So I fixed that, finished mixing up the Mississippi mud, got it in the oven and it's going great. So on to the pies! I got the dough for the first 2 fixed, and ready for the filling, and they end up becoming pecan pies, but when I went to switch out the cake for the pies in the oven- somehow the oven turns itself off...but I don't notice this as I am trying to get the last pie dough thawed and ready... Well, apparently I pushed the wrong button on the microwave because all of the sudden I hear a large pop from the microwave, and my pie crust is sitting there frying, with the bag exploded. So I take it out, put the crust in the pie pan, and do the obvious thing- decide to make it into a precooked pie crust for a cream pie. Why not? Robbie likes coconut. So I put it in the pie shell, make it look decent, and stick it in the oven to finish frying... And 30 precious minutes go by with not much cooking going on... So I check the oven, finally realize it's not cooking, end up restarting the oven, and by this time I have just a few minutes to spare. So I run to take a quick shower, while the oven is getting back up to temperature, and come back in 5 minutes to find the top pecan pie is totally black and charred... And everything else in the oven not even close to cooking yet... And realize why this oven has to be preheated before you put the food into it... So I take out the top pecan pie, put it on the sink, and close the oven again... Go back to the pie on the sink- and scrape the whole top layer of carbon off the pecan pie to get down to the not at all cooked part underneath it- and put it back in to see if I can salvage the rest of it. I again notice that the oven isn't cooking, restart it, and realize it is probably the cookie sheets being turned sideways and keeping the door a tad bit open that is causing the oven to keep auto shutting off. So I fix that, and the pies are finally cooking... So I go to make the coconut pie. I have it on the stove heating up, have the eggs cracked in a bowl, and am separating the yolks and putting them in the pot to cook. Well, I accidentally get some of the egg white in the pie pot- and thinking I had just turned it on, it shouldn't be hot yet- I reach in and get the egg white glop out... And touch the burning hot pot bottom at the same time... Apparently it was hot already on the bottom! So I fix that, wash the burning sugar off my fingers, and get the pie filling stirred as it is almost to the point of scorching already... Somehow the filing gets cooked, mixed together, and taken off the burner with no further incidents, just in time for me to turn around, see the pie crust starting to smoke, and grab it right in time... While noticing that the top pecan pie- with the top crust already black- is getting really done on top but not in the middle... So I try to redirect the heat by putting an empty cookie sheet on the very top shelf of the oven... And realize I have only 5 minutes until time to leave for work... So I set the timer for 5 minutes, put the coconut pie together, clean up what little bit of the kitchen I can, stick all the stuff I need to take to work in a bag, grab the cooled Mississippi mud, minus the frosting I forgot at home... Turn the oven off and hope that the pies will finish cooking while I am at work, and run out the door to go to work... And get down the road one mile and realize I an ebbing a huge logging truck going 25mph down the road... I ended up getting to work, and clocked in with no minutes to spare... It was literally 10:30 when my badge swiped... That was close...
  :attackhug: Be full of hugs!

Roscoe

Quote from: sunlight on August 14, 2014, 04:37:35 PM
Here was my morning... Lol. I felt like roscoe!

Dear Robbie, I just want to start this with saying I am sorry for the mess in the kitchen, I promise to fix it when I get home tonight... But this is how it happened: So you know this morning I got up and had a few extra hours before I had to be at work so I thought I would cook something. Or a few something's since we have company that may come this weekend... Well, it started out with getting the pie crust dough that I had waiting for me in the fridge soft enough to work with- so I stuck it in the microwave on defrost, and it worked perfectly. Yes! Well then I needed the butter melted, so I thought I would put it in the microwave on defrost just like the dough- well, it worked... Much faster... So much that I had butter all over the microwave...  So I fixed that, finished mixing up the Mississippi mud, got it in the oven and it's going great. So on to the pies! I got the dough for the first 2 fixed, and ready for the filling, and they end up becoming pecan pies, but when I went to switch out the cake for the pies in the oven- somehow the oven turns itself off...but I don't notice this as I am trying to get the last pie dough thawed and ready... Well, apparently I pushed the wrong button on the microwave because all of the sudden I hear a large pop from the microwave, and my pie crust is sitting there frying, with the bag exploded. So I take it out, put the crust in the pie pan, and do the obvious thing- decide to make it into a precooked pie crust for a cream pie. Why not? Robbie likes coconut. So I put it in the pie shell, make it look decent, and stick it in the oven to finish frying... And 30 precious minutes go by with not much cooking going on... So I check the oven, finally realize it's not cooking, end up restarting the oven, and by this time I have just a few minutes to spare. So I run to take a quick shower, while the oven is getting back up to temperature, and come back in 5 minutes to find the top pecan pie is totally black and charred... And everything else in the oven not even close to cooking yet... And realize why this oven has to be preheated before you put the food into it... So I take out the top pecan pie, put it on the sink, and close the oven again... Go back to the pie on the sink- and scrape the whole top layer of carbon off the pecan pie to get down to the not at all cooked part underneath it- and put it back in to see if I can salvage the rest of it. I again notice that the oven isn't cooking, restart it, and realize it is probably the cookie sheets being turned sideways and keeping the door a tad bit open that is causing the oven to keep auto shutting off. So I fix that, and the pies are finally cooking... So I go to make the coconut pie. I have it on the stove heating up, have the eggs cracked in a bowl, and am separating the yolks and putting them in the pot to cook. Well, I accidentally get some of the egg white in the pie pot- and thinking I had just turned it on, it shouldn't be hot yet- I reach in and get the egg white glop out... And touch the burning hot pot bottom at the same time... Apparently it was hot already on the bottom! So I fix that, wash the burning sugar off my fingers, and get the pie filling stirred as it is almost to the point of scorching already... Somehow the filing gets cooked, mixed together, and taken off the burner with no further incidents, just in time for me to turn around, see the pie crust starting to smoke, and grab it right in time... While noticing that the top pecan pie- with the top crust already black- is getting really done on top but not in the middle... So I try to redirect the heat by putting an empty cookie sheet on the very top shelf of the oven... And realize I have only 5 minutes until time to leave for work... So I set the timer for 5 minutes, put the coconut pie together, clean up what little bit of the kitchen I can, stick all the stuff I need to take to work in a bag, grab the cooled Mississippi mud, minus the frosting I forgot at home... Turn the oven off and hope that the pies will finish cooking while I am at work, and run out the door to go to work... And get down the road one mile and realize I an ebbing a huge logging truck going 25mph down the road... I ended up getting to work, and clocked in with no minutes to spare... It was literally 10:30 when my badge swiped... That was close...
:laughhard: :laughhard: Yep. Definitely a "me" morning...

The Purple Fuzzy

Quote from: Roscoe on August 14, 2014, 03:28:55 PM
Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on August 14, 2014, 12:21:11 PM
I'm up but not coherent.
So you are in your normal state?   :P
:pound: Roscoe

Actually, that really is pretty much my normal morning state... :hypocrite:

Lynx

That sounds like my mother. In the morning she is always rushing around, forgetting things, mixing things up, trying to get out the door fast... Personally I'm allergic to stress so I make it a point of taking it easy... for health reasons you know.
"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

ARRRGH!! Stupid vehicle. Stupid, stupid parts. :mad:
Rusty had an injector start leaking. Fairly simple to replace but kinda pricy at $70 new. Really didn't want to spend that due to the Lincoln drama recently, so I talked with Kim about parts-robbing a pickup that she has. (I'm gonna buy the whole truck  after the first of the year and use parts off of it, parking it on my junkyard land). Got Rusty's bad part isolated and removed, then went over to rob the needed part. Stupid bolt holding it down is stripped. Either buy a new part or completely dissassemble the parts truck, which I really don't need to do right now where it sits.
And I need Rusty running, as he is not only my strees relief but my back-up transportation. Bah. Stupid parts. :mad: