News:

Is the forum a bit confusing for you? Are there some features you're not sure how to use? Check out this help topic!

Main Menu

Getting my foot in the door - starting early in SHARING 494

Started by Lynx, May 28, 2014, 02:45:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roscoe

Quote from: HeatherB on June 06, 2014, 07:30:43 PM
There is a Miata Club meeting going on at the racetrack. I ended up merging into a group of about 30 of them headed that way on the highway. Haven't seen a pink one yet.....
:pound: for the insinuation.....and I miss my Miata. Would love to rewind to the day I traded it, and have a "do-over" on that particular trade. I would NOT have made it, no matter how much I love my Corvette.
Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on June 06, 2014, 07:42:13 PM
Quote from: Roscoe on June 06, 2014, 07:18:32 PM
I hate stormy weather....we got up and went to the library, then grabbed a few groceries. On the way home, in Rusty of course, the bottom fell out of the sky. Lands, it was a monsoon. And lightening, and thunder- no ham radioing, and if it weren't for my library books, I'd go insane... :mad:
Why, is your electricity out?
And I hate to tell you this, but you're already insane. ;)
No, the electricity is not out....but fear of lightening hitting the radio equipment shuts the radio down and causes me to unhook everything. Seems that 45 feet of steel in the air has been known to invite lightening over for a visit, and I don't wish to have $2000 worth of radio equipment to literally go up in smoke.  :P
And I am NOT insane. Yet. A little eccentric, perhaps even disturbed by some definitions, but not insane. :pound:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

The Purple Fuzzy

Well you could do other things besides ham radio.  Like make cheesecakes or somesuch goodies. ;)

Lynx

Wow, I didn't know Bobby was rich enough to be eccentric.

"Poor people are crazy, rich people are 'eccentric.'"
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Chseeads

Lynx

What's the matter Seth?  Are you going cra... er, eccentric?
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

Roscoe

:hi: Started off pretty here today- some clouds and storms moving in now though. I mowed the majority of my yard again, it's growing so fast that it needs it every couple of days. :smirk:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Lynx

Family is up from Texas, so that's a good excuse for some family get-togethers.  We had a big family breakfast with homemade buttermilk biscuits, sausage, scrambled eggs and cheese, white gravy.  For supper we're about to have buttermilk chicken, corn on the cob, some kind of beans (they haven't arrived yet) and cheesecake, and probably some other side dishes.

Wish y'all were here.
"Do you sing at church?"

Newsman

I blessed you for that, Lady Heather!  :thumbsup2:

John  :waving:

Quote from: HeatherB on June 06, 2014, 07:30:43 PM
There is a Miata Club meeting going on at the racetrack. I ended up merging into a group of about 30 of them headed that way on the highway. Haven't seen a pink one yet.....

The Purple Fuzzy

Went to some yard sales then went to see Chel for a bit.

Lynx

Turns out the beans last night were lima.  One of my favorite.  And there was lasagna too.  And some kind of pot roast soup, very good. 

I may have mentioned this before, but I am so glad I'm in a family that likes to hang out together.  I hear in some families they dread family dinners.
"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

I hate family dinners. Ours have been nearly nonexistant since Mama's dementia got so bad. Lou's family has them from time to time, and even though they reach out to make me comfortable, I feel like a long tailed cat in a room full of rockingchairs, and will bolt at the first available opportunity. :biglaugh:
And in other sharing, I regret my decision to come to work today. Had I taken just one more day of vacation, I could be sound asleep right now, listening to the rain. Instead, I am at work. Blah. :pound:

Lynx

I was thinking more about families that can count on a bad argument, maybe a fight, whenever the whole family gets together.
"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

Quote from: Lynx on June 08, 2014, 05:25:55 PM
I was thinking more about families that can count on a bad argument, maybe a fight, whenever the whole family gets together.
Uh...yeah. Guilty. Having family members who are on the opposite side of politics, lifestyles, and everything else....yep, fight city. Until Mama stepped in. Trust me, it ain't a family dinner if the cops don't get called.  :P

Chseeads

Well, if you're there, all they have to do is yell, "ROSCOE!"

The Purple Fuzzy

mini

Only time he starts a family fight is when he grabs the last of the chicken...
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Chseeads

Lynx

Quote from: mini on June 08, 2014, 06:32:09 PM
Only time he starts a family fight is when he grabs the last of the chicken...
I blessed you for that one.  :biglaugh:
"Do you sing at church?"

The Purple Fuzzy

MsJennJenn

Overslept. And it's raining - thus I'm double tired.
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Chseeads

Roscoe

Indeed. This rain has to stop. I am sick of it.
And in other news, I would appreciate prayers. I am currently filling out an application for a job that appears to be exactly what I am looking for, as I am concerned about my current job's stability. Unfortunantly one of my close friends is also filling out an application for it. I pray God's will, and would appreciate it if you would also..

Heather

Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

Newsman

The Purple Fuzzy