News:

The staff of Godplace.com welcomes you to our little house of fun. If you have a spiritual need, feel free to  contact any staff member.

Main Menu

Camping

Started by Melody, April 05, 2014, 03:17:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lynx

Ah, so THAT'S what "happy camper" really means. 

Actually that was pretty clever.  Three points for Taco.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Melody

Lol. I've never heard that.

Lynx

Sure you have.  Bro. Bobby and I have both used it multiple times in sharing threads.  In Bobby's case it's usually referring to him hating mornings, "I am not a happy camper today" or some such.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

Melody

No, the weed growing at state parks, part.

It's going to get to 72* today!!!  Now if it can just stop dipping below freezing at night, I could plan some camping.

MelodyB

Ok so... Speaking of camping, my cousins Donna and Jessica left the house Thursday and headed with some other family members to go camping. Kendall, Aaron and I couldn't go cause we all had to work.

Thursday night after I got off work, I was gonna make the guys and myself some chilli dogs for supper. Since it was late, I just planned an easy dinner. So I'm boiling the dogs and I go to open the can of chilli sauce and what? No can opener. I realized that Donna took it with her camping. :smirk2:

Luckily I had just read this thread that morning so I knew how to open a can without one, well, at least that's what I thought after watching that video Melodya posted. So I went outside and tried it in the concrete steps. NOTHING.

LIES, LIES I tell ya. All it did was make a lot of noise and give the neighbors dog, Satin, something (else) to bark at.

Glad it wasn't a life or death hunger and all we had were can goods. :roll:

We ate plain hotdogs. Boo. :(
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

MelodyB

Moral of the story: TRY these things that you see on the internet, BEFORE you get stuck in the woods with nothing to eat.

taco_harvell

Especially after harvesting your crop and getting the munchies. :hypocrite:
In love with RainbowJingles

http://lessonsintrust.blogspot.com/

Chseeads

Could've done like one of the old timer's that my grandma tells about....they were out working I forget what they were doing exactly, but for lunch, Clonia, or whoever it was, I can't remember, had brought a can of pork & beans to eat, but she didn't have a can opener.  So she whacked it with the chopping axe, and beans went everywhere. 

There ya go.

Lynx

I've opened a can with a pocket knife.  Not very good for the blade but I was hungry.
"Do you sing at church?"

Melody

I'm making Andrew do it right now to a can of tomatoes....

Stay tuned.

Melody

Andrew scraped against the sidewalk for 30 seconds.

I used a butter knife to pry the rest of it.

So, it worked for us. Our side walk had some texture to it so maybe that's why.

MelodyB

Ashlee

I want to go camping this summer badly.  Especially since I'm living so close to Yosemite now.  I probably won't make it due to our crazy schedule, but it would be nice. 

Chseeads

Well MY just totally deleted herself or something.

That stinking turd.  After all we've done for her.  :shakeno:

Roscoe

Quote from: Chseeads on May 27, 2014, 04:28:30 AM
Well MY just totally deleted herself or something.

That stinking turd.  After all we've done for her.  :shakeno:
I noticed that. I'm not pleased. :pound:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Chseeads

Losing Windows XP support really did the poor old gal in.