News:

Is the forum a bit confusing for you? Are there some features you're not sure how to use? Check out this help topic!

Main Menu

In Sharing 492, Have Your Cake And Eat It Too

Started by Chseeads, February 22, 2014, 11:32:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chseeads

Lynx

Yeah, what Seth said.  Weird night last night, crazy dreams.  I think I lived two weeks in one night.  No wonder my hair is already turning grey.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Roscoe

Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Chseeads

Just look at Grandpa Moses's purty pink Lincoln.

Roscoe

Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Melody

Pretty, Roscoe!

Although, I don't understand why there is a grave/life size tombstone of what I would guess is your relative in the front yard?  Is it a southern thing?

Is that a bike tire around your flowers? 

:P

I bet my yard looks like that under the snow. Lol. Actually nearly all the snow is melted that's not in the shade.

Roscoe

Quote from: MellowYellow on March 23, 2014, 08:41:44 PM
Pretty, Roscoe!

Although, I don't understand why there is a grave/life size tombstone of what I would guess is your relative in the front yard?  Is it a southern thing?

Is that a bike tire around your flowers? 

:P

I bet my yard looks like that under the snow. Lol. Actually nearly all the snow is melted that's not in the shade.
:pound: You mean, evil, spiteful, jealous biddy.  :pound:  :P
Obviously that ain't no tombstone. That's a reminder to my wife that she has, indeed, arrived home.  :hypocrite:
The main reason that flower bed and name log exists is to hide the stump of my late, lamented dogwood tree that died an untimely death. I suspect the neighborhood kids climbing it nonestop killed it.  :sadbounce:
And  :pound: for the bike tire comment. It was cheaper and easier to manipulate than brick and the like.
As I said- jealous.  :P  Enjoy your snow. :hypocrite: :hypocrite:

Newsman

Hahahahaha @ Ladies Melodya and JennJenn's comments at Bobby's expense.  :clap: :clap2: :thumbsup2: :lol: :biglaugh:

And, Bobby, Kazhakstan is literally on the other side of the world. It was a part of the old Soviet Union, way east lof the current Putin autocracy Russia. If memory serves me (which it may not) Kazhakstan is far enough east to be part of Asia.

Newsman

I learned something. My mother use to raise chicks 300 at a time, and lose as few as 2 out of 300 (a phenomenal success rate) I had never seen one of those. Cool.

Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on March 20, 2014, 02:31:29 PM
A chicken tractor is a movable chicken pen/run.

Lynx

I'm up, but I don't wanna be.  Usually I'm a morning person but currently I'm thinking of switching sides. 
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

Roscoe

:hi: Morning all. And I'd never heard of a chicken tractor either, so now that others have admitted it, I don't feel as stupid. :P Lord. I SO should've took Monday and Tuesday off as well.

The Purple Fuzzy

There are lots of different kinds of chicken tractors.  The first one that I saw in person was for sale at Homestead Heritage near Waco. We have friends there, it's a really neat place to visit.

http://www.homesteadheritage.com/

MsJennJenn

Quote from: Psalm_97 on March 24, 2014, 11:06:16 AM
I'm up, but I don't wanna be.  Usually I'm a morning person but currently I'm thinking of switching sides. 

I'm never a morning person. I hate mornings, and morning people and people in the mornings.  :mad: :yawn: :sleep:
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

The Purple Fuzzy

Melody

Expecting snow showers today so I have 0 sympathy for any of you silly geese.   :P

ok. I pretty much always feel sorry for Seth.... lol

Lynx

Quote from: MsJennJenn on March 24, 2014, 02:19:45 PM
Quote from: Psalm_97 on March 24, 2014, 11:06:16 AM

I'm never a morning person. I hate mornings, and morning people and people in the mornings.  :mad: :yawn: :sleep:
Sounds to me like a serious caffeine deficiency. Have you ever considered trying 85% cocoa dark chocolate?
"Do you sing at church?"

Melody

It is snowing. I want the northern culture with the southern weather.  Lol

The Purple Fuzzy

You'd melt when it got 102*
Besides, what's wrong with southern culture? :eyebrow:

MsJennJenn

Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on March 24, 2014, 08:09:26 PM
You'd melt when it got 102*
Besides, what's wrong with southern culture? :eyebrow:

Yea that. lol
What's better about being a northerner?
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Melody

From the years on here and from what southerners have said that moved here, our summer is just as intense just not as long. 102 it gets that hot all the way to MN. Hot doesn't bother me.  We get hot an I barely use the AC. :P

I just love northern culture like you love southern culture.  Doesn't have to be a better, it's just different.

MsJennJenn

Quote from: MellowYellow on March 24, 2014, 08:29:07 PM

I just love northern culture like you love southern culture.  Doesn't have to be a better, it's just different.

I guess I was more searching for some specific reasons lol.
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Melody

I know.   :P

*giggles*

This snow is annoying.  Send some 102° up here, southerners.

Roscoe

The north has no culture.  :P
I survived another day at work. One more of them, and I'll have four days off.  :clap: Came home and built a new wire antenna for local talk (surrounding states). It works well, I could probably talk to Burrito if he'd upgrade his license and get on the radio now.. And it's supposed to get cold here again tomorrow night. I guess I'll have to cover my poor plants or they will die. :sadbounce:

Chseeads

Melody

Hehehe I can see how it could be perceived that way to southerners.