News:

Is the forum a bit confusing for you? Are there some features you're not sure how to use? Check out this help topic!

Main Menu

Time to get thrifty in Sharing Four-Fifty!

Started by MsJennJenn, November 16, 2011, 04:17:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Purple Fuzzy

Thomas would appreciate the sweet potato pie.

Newsman

A week before Thanksgiving? Do you work in one of those offices that won't do anything but complain about not being off work already for Thanksgiving, then will return from that holiday and do the same thing for 3 1/2 weeks before Christmas?

John  :waving:

Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on November 17, 2011, 02:10:39 PM
:hi:  We're having our work Thanksgiving potluck today.  I made sweet potato pies.

The Purple Fuzzy

We do the potluck the week before cause lots of folks take vacation days the week of Thanksgiving.  I'm sure we'll complain some, too. ;)

Newsman

See? As sweet and wonderful as you are, Lady JennJenn, you show you are still fallible.

Apricot pie reigns supreme, though I will never have another one fixed for me by my mother for the holidays. However, there is a lady at the curthouse who makes pies on the side. I could pay her to make me a couple.

John  :waving:

P.S. Thomas Would have liked the sweet potato pie. I was ceaning off some pics from my FB page, but left one he had put up there, among others I kept

Quote from: MsJennJenn on November 17, 2011, 03:37:44 PM
Nothing can taste better than pumpkin pie. :shakeno:

Lynx

I would appreciate some sweet potato pie too.   :fork:
But you're there and I'm here.  Oh well. 

Let me know next time Chel does one of her baking fundraisers so I can commission a really big batch of sweet potato bread.  That stuff was good!
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Chseeads

I badly need a nap, but I have to go tend the neighbor's fowl again in a minute....his dad is having surgery again and I'm doing his crud for a few days....at least I get a tad bit of moola for it.  :smirk2:

Roscoe

Lord. Id love to have a sweet potato pie. I hate sweet potatos with a passion but a properly made. Sweet potato pie is probably the only ie that beats out pumpkin in my book....
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

mini

Quote from: SippinTea on November 17, 2011, 05:01:56 PM
Sweet potato pie sounds nasty. About as nasty as pumpkin pie.  :teeth:

Speaking of which, Jason wanted pumpkin pie for his birthday. His dad and my dad were very pleased. But I grabbed some moose tracks icecream for the rest of us. :hypocrite:

Trying to talk myself into tackling some rather large projects today. Ever noticed how arguing with yourself is a bit difficult? Hmm... wonder which me will win. Right now I'm none too certain. :lol:

:beret:

:eek!:

Good lands!  That is downright sinful...

:ugly:
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

mini

In other news, I finally got my Powdered Mini Donuts....
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

SippinTea

What is? *lol* The fact that I don't like pumpkin pie? or that I ate moose tracks icecream? or that arguing with myself over doing large projects?

:beret:
"Not everything that is of God is easy." -Elona

"When you're wildly in love with someone, it changes everything." -F. Chan

"A real live hug anytime you want it is priceless." -Rachel

mini

Yes.  But specifically that you dont like pumpkin pie.

The Purple Fuzzy

So full.  One guy made a totally awesome pumpkin cheesecake. :fork:

mini

We celebrate every year when braums comes out with Pumpkin Ice Cream.  This year, we found Blue Bell Pumpkin Spiced Pecan Ice Cream...oh my...

IowaSkirtGirl

Cold Stone has pumpkin ice cream.

Dairy Queen has pumpkin pie blizzards.

Sonic has pumpkin pie shakes.

Sweet potatoes are best baked extra long until the sugar in them starts to carmelize just a bit.

I am making scalloped potatoes and ham for supper.

Work today...was...well...horrible. I dislike my work environment but love my job. Today was bad enough I lost my cool and went off on someone...Tomorrow will be a new day and it will be better...

*sigh*
I'm just me, round and bubbly like a lil honey bee!

myhaloisintheshop

Pumpkin ice cream reminds me of Heather. The boys had to have some when we went by Braums.

I LOVE sweet potatoes.   I never liked them as a kid but I can't get enough of them lately.   Id love the recipe for sweet potato bread!

Chseeads

Chseeads

Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on November 17, 2011, 07:43:43 PM
So full.  One guy made a totally awesome pumpkin cheesecake. :fork:

Well it's a shame he didn't make it with sweet taters, I'm sure it'd have been tastier.  :roll:

Punkin' and sweet taters are both wonderful.  I have pretty much quit eating taters though under the "it'll kill me clause."  And of course punkin' pie is obviously in that realm.  But oh, how I love it. 

Nelle

I try pumpkin pie every year hoping I'll join the multitude but every year I hate it!

I do like eating sweet potatoes tho! Never had sweet potato pie!

I get to see my fiancé this weekend. :) Had a good night at work. :)

I GET TO PICK UP MY WEDDING DRESS!!!! :)

Lynx

"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

mini

Quote from: myhaloisintheshop on November 18, 2011, 12:13:18 AM
I LOVE sweet potatoes.   I never liked them as a kid but I can't get enough of them lately.   Id love the recipe for sweet potato bread!

*starts looking for yeller baby clothes and bubble gum cigars for cletus*

myhaloisintheshop

not hardly..lol  Ive just had to learn to love healthier foods and sweet taters are a much better alternative than regular taters  :P

Seth--I still don't understand this problem you have with sweets....

Chseeads

It's very simple really, you see, they will kill me.  :smirk2:

As for the sweet tater bread recipe, it's close enough that I imagine if you use a punkin bread recipe and use taters instead of punkin, it'd be might near the same.

myhaloisintheshop

Quote from: Chseeads on November 18, 2011, 02:58:57 PM

As for the sweet tater bread recipe, it's close enough that I imagine if you use a punkin bread recipe and use taters instead of punkin, it'd be might near the same.

Do you have problems with carbs as well? 

Roscoe

Quote from: myhaloisintheshop on November 18, 2011, 04:00:37 PM
Quote from: Chseeads on November 18, 2011, 02:58:57 PM

Do you have problems with carbs as well?
Mini does. He just had to rebuild one for Sam.... :hypocrite:

Morning, all. I see we're still on the "sweet potato discussion board"...... And in other news, I'm being more lazy than usual. It is Lou's day off, my day off, and Chey's out of school for teacher inservice, so we stayed snuggled in bed until just a few ago.....
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

iridiscente

Quote from: MellowYellow on November 17, 2011, 03:09:53 PM
Yes. Full of things Nathan wants to sell in Another yard sale! next subject...

H gotannah her school pictures yesterday & we are so happy with them!  If u want to see them: Www.myonlineportraits.com session# 103369 password: NBTBB  it's literally been years since I've had get pictures done.
She's so pretty!
Quote from: MsJennJenn on November 17, 2011, 04:31:31 PM
I don't like sweet potato's. I've tried them...just don't like it. I LOVE sweet tator fries though. Weird I know.
Thomas didn't think he'd like it either, was adamant about that, but then he ended up loving it!