News:

Monday is an awful way to spend 1/7th of your life. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

A easy way to read your bible...(gmail users!)

Started by mini, December 12, 2008, 02:15:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mini

If you check your email regularly, and have gmail, heres a quick way to read your bible every day.

In Gmail, at the top of your inbox is a link called Reader.  Click on it.  I thought Yahoo offered the service, but they are phasing it out.  On a side note, I used Reader every day for 4 months solid, and I am hooked on it!

Ok, how to get the bible: 

Click this link:
http://www.gnpcb.org/esv/share/rss2.0/
On this page, you will find several links to the bible in daily forms.  Its from the English Standard Version, and is a excellent version.  Plus there is a daily audio selection of the bible you choose to read.  So you can listen to it and read it!

Choose the bible format that's right for you, and click on the link.  It will take you to another page, then copy the URL of that new page from your address bar.

Go to Google Reader, and next to SUBSCRIPTIONS, click on the down arrow, and a menu will pop up.  The second menu item says "Add Subscription", click on that.  A box will pop up and you paste the link you copied earlier and hit add.

Now it will show 10 new items.  You can read them all, or scroll through them.  But from now on, every morning it will give you a new bible reading passage!

Let me know if you need help with this, its easy to use.  I now have Google Reader set up as one of my tabs in Firefox.

-mini
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller