News:

Did you sleep well? No, I made a few mistakes. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

What Was The Most Embarrassing Or Funniest Thing That Happened At Church?

Started by Mrs. Yosemite, May 09, 2008, 09:03:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mrs. Yosemite

HA! I think everybody does that. lol Sometimes at our church, its either the song leader or one of the musicians, but SOMEBODY has got to mess up. lol  :biglaugh:

EricShane

this is the WEIRDEST thing ive EVER seen in my life...

(i know its fake and very charasmatic, but I have to laugh)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1SgByE0pX1M&feature=related

On the other hand, its kind of sad these people believe this is the truth...
Hebrews 12:12-16 Wherefore lift up the hands which hang down, and the feeble knees And make straight paths for your feet, lest that which is lame be turned out of the way; but let it rather be healed. Follow peace with all men, and holiness, without which no man shall see the Lord: Looking diligently lest any man fail of the grace of God; lest any root of bitterness springing up trouble you

Sis

Quote from: Mrs. Yosemite on June 13, 2008, 05:40:22 AM
HA! I think everybody does that. lol Sometimes at our church, its either the song leader or one of the musicians, but SOMEBODY has got to mess up. lol  :biglaugh:

The choir was singing, and the youth leader/assistant pastor was supposed to sing a solo. He messed up and he stopped everything and stepped down and said, "Ok, so I messed up. God will forgive me. It's in the book!  My salvation isn't in danger, so lighten up, will ya?" then he stepped back and they started that part over.  Everyone cracked up!

Ashlee

The Purple Fuzzy

A young guy was preaching at the church my friend goes to.  He was taking his sermon from Acts 12 where Rhoda answered the door and saw Peter there when he was "supposed" to be in prison and instead of letting him in, she slammed the door in his face.  I suppose he was going to title his sermon "Don't slam the door on Peter" but when he announce the title, he put "your" in front of "Peter".  I'm sure he lost most of the audience's attention at that point. ;)

almondjoy

Quote from: practicalme on June 26, 2008, 07:44:09 PM
A young guy was preaching at the church my friend goes to.  He was taking his sermon from Acts 12 where Rhoda answered the door and saw Peter there when he was "supposed" to be in prison and instead of letting him in, she slammed the door in his face.  I suppose he was going to title his sermon "Don't slam the door on Peter" but when he announce the title, he put "your" in front of "Peter".  I'm sure he lost most of the audience's attention at that point. ;)

:ignore:  :uhoh:

Sis

Quote from: practicalme on June 26, 2008, 07:44:09 PM

:rofl: Oh noooo!  :rofl:   Oh my!   :rofl:  I can't stop laughing! :rofl:   I have tears in my eyes! :rofl:

Mrs. Yosemite

:laughhard: I think I just felt some elastic pop.  OH NOOO!  :laughhard: :laughhard: That was funny!!

Nessie

we have an evangelist visiting right now and this past tuesday before prayer meeting started he wanted to speak for a few minutes on prayer. Well, before he started, he looked back at these two ladies in my church who are sisters, and in their 40s I think, and he says, "So I have to know what you two were laughing about when I was preaching Sunday morning because it looked like pretty lively conversation and it looked funny." He wasn't being critical at all, just honestly wanted to know (we're pretty laid back here), and one of the sisters says, "I looked down at her shoes and told her they were ugly! They look like our grandma's shoes!" I about died laughing. I'd be killed if I disrupted church over someone's shoes, lol, tho I missed it Sunday morning cuz I was teaching
"When satan reminds you of your past, remind him of his future."

Ashlee

My pastor was talking about how in Germany you can go to jail for 5 years for homeschooling your children. Then he was talking about how our public school system starts so soon with everything.  He said with all the k, and pre-k and and pre-KKK.  :o.  He then decided he better go back to stand behind the pulpit so he could read his notes and not get into any trouble.

Mrs. Yosemite

Ashlee

It was hilarious.  The best part was afterwards at Dairy Queen a little kid repeated it.  lol.  So innocent!

Bobbiesue

I would have to say a few years back walking out of the restroom at church and having a trail of TP following me from the back of my pants, (that was before I quit wearing pants lol)
Romans 1:16 (KJV) For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.

gabbtastic

one time during an easter play i was doing a drama and somehow my skirt got stuck up im my undies so i was out on stage for like a song and a half like that till finally someone told me..... luckily i had a slip on but it was still embarrassing and i didnt wanna go back :P

titushome

A while back the pastor of my church was preaching, and as part of his message he was telling the story of Zacchaeus' encounter with Jesus.  He was making the point that despite Zacchaeus' past misdeeds and terrible reputation, Jesus still treated him with love and respect.

He pointed out, "Jesus didn't look up into that tree and say, 'Get down here, you no-good Republican!' "
"You stir man to take pleasure in praising you, because you have made us for yourself, and our heart is restless until it rests in you."
- Augustine

yosemite

Quote from: titushome on September 03, 2008, 02:09:08 PM
A while back the pastor of my church was preaching, and as part of his message he was telling the story of Zacchaeus' encounter with Jesus.  He was making the point that despite Zacchaeus' past misdeeds and terrible reputation, Jesus still treated him with love and respect.

He pointed out, "Jesus didn't look up into that tree and say, 'Get down here, you no-good Republican!' "
hahahaha it would sholl nuff be funny if he were a republican!! but i guess since you live on the left he might be a democrat. still funny though.
My conscience is captive to the Word of God.Thus I cannot and will not recant, for going against my conscience is neither safe nor salutary. I can do no other, here i stand, God help me. Amen      -Martin Luther

titushome

Quote from: yosemite on September 03, 2008, 06:29:29 PM
hahahaha it would sholl nuff be funny if he were a republican!! but i guess since you live on the left he might be a democrat. still funny though.

I believe the pastor is a Republican - he certainly is conservative.  And so are most of us in the church, as far as I know.
"You stir man to take pleasure in praising you, because you have made us for yourself, and our heart is restless until it rests in you."
- Augustine

Sis

yosemite

Quote from: titushome on September 03, 2008, 07:19:45 PM
Quote from: yosemite on September 03, 2008, 06:29:29 PM

I believe the pastor is a Republican - he certainly is conservative.  And so are most of us in the church, as far as I know.
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:   thats funny. sorry to have stereo tyed yall.
My conscience is captive to the Word of God.Thus I cannot and will not recant, for going against my conscience is neither safe nor salutary. I can do no other, here i stand, God help me. Amen      -Martin Luther

titushome

- Augustine

RainbowJingles

Quote from: titushome on September 03, 2008, 02:09:08 PM

If you ever run for office, that statement will make headline news.  lol

BeccaBoo

Do Justly, Love Mercy, Walk Humbly. Micah 6:8

almondjoy

Not sure if I shared this previously:

The most embarrassing/funny thing that's happened at church (a couple months ago), this lady that comes (but doesn't consider us her home church even though she lives right next door), stood up and testified one night.  She testified that she was now wearing depends like her husband.  She was extremely proud of this fact.  It took everything the leader had that night not to lose it up on the platform.  A few people had to get up and walk out before they "lost" it.  Several of us had to smother our laughter.

The Purple Fuzzy

Sis