News:

:teeth: To crack the Top 10 posters, you must have over 11,000 posts. :teeth:

Main Menu

What Was The Most Embarrassing Or Funniest Thing That Happened At Church?

Started by Mrs. Yosemite, May 09, 2008, 09:03:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brother Dad

One night a woman came to church, she came up for prayer.  She said Pastor I have all these elements in my body.  I just believe if I lay down on the floor and you anoint me all over my backside then I roll over and you anoint me all over my front side God will heal me.  I said how about I just anoint your head.
Acts 4:12 Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.

Brother Dad

We used to have a family in our church that a a son with a mental problem among other things.  He was between 450 - 500 lbs.  Well one night we were having a good service and we started a victory march.  I stopped in the back of the church was going to pray for the people as they passed, I noticed no one was coming past I looked up and this Guy with the mental problem was blocking the aisle and directing traffic like a cop.  He was sending everyone around a different way.
Acts 4:12 Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.

Tricia Lea

Quote from: Brother Dad on May 26, 2008, 05:29:30 PM
We used to have a family in our church that a a son with a mental problem among other things.  He was between 450 - 500 lbs.  Well one night we were having a good service and we started a victory march.  I stopped in the back of the church was going to pray for the people as they passed, I noticed no one was coming past I looked up and this Guy with the mental problem was blocking the aisle and directing traffic like a cop.  He was sending everyone around a different way.

:laughhard:

Tricia Lea

I do remember somthing funny our youth did when our pastor was turning 50. Now this was back in the 80s.
Sis Caldwell our pastors wife had went and got wal mart I think it was to loan her a store wheelchair. At the time I was a candystripper at a local hospital, So that Sunday they had me come wearing my uniform from that and we wheeled Br Caldwell in in a wheelchair and Someone had brought him a cane and a few other things to remind him he was getting old

lolol

Brother Dad

We had a visiting preacher one night a woman who was very large famed came to church.  We had folding chairs.  Some were stronger than others.  This woman sit in one of the weaker chairs.  When the preacher started to give he altar call he said everyone stand.  Well this woman didn't.  The Spirit was convicting her and she was sitting there squirming the Preacher was talking real serious and everything was calm.  All of a sudden we heard booooooom'  I looked back and all I could see were this woman's legs sticking up in the air.  The preacher was trying to hold it in but he was going, heehee  heeee.  I turn around and face the wall laughing as some ladies help her up.  We all apologized after church but she said it was her fault she should of just came on down to the altar.

Tricia Lea

:o

our church has a fireworks stand every summer for July 4th and I took out a folding chair last summer at the fireworks stand, (learned not to trust the folding chairs there). I got reminded of that for about a month after that lol

Brother Dad

I was preaching at Church here in NC.  On Sunday night when church was finished I felt I had preached a pretty good message.  I guess maybe I was getting a little too proud, because as I started to step down off the platform, which had about 5 or 6 steps, well I missed the first step.  Know what happens when you missed the first step.  Yeap I knew I was falling down the rest of them.  But I had a brain storm and thought I know I will just jump.  So I jump didn't do me anygood I still splatter on the carpet right at some of feet of the saints in the church.  Only thing hurt was my pride.

yosemite

gooden bro dad. no need in looking around to see if anybody saw it i guess. funny how ya do that, when ya fall and look to see if anyone saw ya goof. LOL
My conscience is captive to the Word of God.Thus I cannot and will not recant, for going against my conscience is neither safe nor salutary. I can do no other, here i stand, God help me. Amen      -Martin Luther

yosemite

brief history: truck stops have started putting in some churches/chapels in semi trailers at truck stops. while on a break or a layover i attended one of these.
( at the time i was running team with a buddy of mine )

the preacher was heavy into his sermon though i was only half attentive because he was preaching something astray.

the preacher started asking the audience questions with vigor and enthusiasm.

all of a sudden he asked me a question, he asked me why the curtain was rent in the temple at the time of Crucifixion??

my answer was---because God took out the middle man, and we no longer needed a high priest, we could go to God directly without them.

the preacher, at the initial hearing of the answer his jaw dropped with a noticeable loss of enthusiasm. my running  buddy, slapped me on the leg and said this is a catholic chapel...(ooopppsie daisy) ...well he asked!!        -yo           <a href="http://plugin.smileycentral.com/http%253A%252F%252Fwww.smileycentral.com%252F%253Fpartner%253DZSzeb008%255FZKxdm021YYUS%2526i%253D4%252F4%255F12%255F4%2526feat%253Dprof/page.html" target="_blank">SmileyCentral.com" border="0
My conscience is captive to the Word of God.Thus I cannot and will not recant, for going against my conscience is neither safe nor salutary. I can do no other, here i stand, God help me. Amen      -Martin Luther

MelodyB

Quote from: Brother Dad on May 26, 2008, 05:29:30 PM

That story is on this video too....its near the end.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lrfjfa3Og9I
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Brother Dad

Quote from: yosemite on May 26, 2008, 10:08:58 PM
brief history: truck stops have started putting in some churches/chapels in semi trailers at truck stops. while on a break or a layover i attended one of these.
( at the time i was running team with a buddy of mine )

the preacher was heavy into his sermon though i was only half attentive because he was preaching something astray.

the preacher started asking the audience questions with vigor and enthusiasm.

all of a sudden he asked me a question, he asked me why the curtain was rent in the temple at the time of Crucifixion??

my answer was---because God took out the middle man, and we no longer needed a high priest, we could go to God directly without them.

the preacher, at the initial hearing of the answer his jaw dropped with a noticeable loss of enthusiasm. my running  buddy, slapped me on the leg and said this is a catholic chapel...(ooopppsie daisy) ...well he asked!!        -yo           <a href="http://plugin.smileycentral.com/http%253A%252F%252Fwww.smileycentral.com%252F%253Fpartner%253DZSzeb008%255FZKxdm021YYUS%2526i%253D4%252F4%255F12%255F4%2526feat%253Dprof/page.html" target="_blank">SmileyCentral.com" border="0
BOL

1legRooster

Ok, I got to fess Up on this one.   How is this one.

I was having some blood work done, and with being a commuter and really busy the only time I could get in and fulfill the fasting requirement for the blood tests was on a Sunday Morning before Church.

So I get to church after giving blood, and as is almost always the case on Sunday morning, I barely had time to get everything done before church, and had no time to eat after the blood giving.

So Church is going great, the spirit is moving, and I take off running the isles.  When I get to the second turn, up in front of everybody, I just fall flat on my face and slide. 
LOL  This was in front of the whole church.
Naturally I decide... well I am going to just lay here for a bit.
LOL... moral of the story... if you get weak after giving blood... eat something... or at the least... don't run the isles.  LOL
The early bird get's the worm, but who wants to eat a worm.

Sis

Quote from: 1legRooster on May 27, 2008, 06:53:16 AM

I was having some blood work done, and with being a commuter and really busy the only time I could get in and fulfill the fasting requirement for the blood tests was on a Sunday Morning before Church.

So I get to church after giving blood, and as is almost always the case on Sunday morning, I barely had time to get everything done before church, and had no time to eat after the blood giving.

So Church is going great, the spirit is moving, and I take off running the isles.  When I get to the second turn, up in front of everybody, I just fall flat on my face and slide. 
LOL... moral of the story... if you get weak after giving blood... eat something... or at the least... don't run the isles.  LOL

Soooo? How many people thought you were in the spirit and knelt and prayed with you?  :hypocrite:

1legRooster

Quote from: Sis on May 27, 2008, 06:22:10 PM
Quote from: 1legRooster on May 27, 2008, 06:53:16 AM

Soooo? How many people thought you were in the spirit and knelt and prayed with you?  :hypocrite:

Sadly no one came over to pray for me....  TSK TSK....
The early bird get's the worm, but who wants to eat a worm.

RainbowJingles

:o

*marks her place here to come back and read this thread and tell my story later*

joyful 39

one time I messed up and started singing the wrong song out of the songbook. Both songs I'll fly away, and Heavens jubilee, start out with Some glad morning... (i got them mixed up) the music was playing one song and I was singing another. kinda embarrassing.

MelodyB

Oh my Dad used to do that one all the time. He would read the words and start the wrong tune. Mom would have to get in the mic and overpower him till he figured it out.

RainbowJingles

Okay...  here's MY "moment":

I was at senior youth camp during the service.  If I recall correctly, we were having a shoutin' tearin' down time, and I totally got lost in worship, praise and dance.

The chairs in the tabernacle were folding metal chairs, and I soon felt myself back into one of the ones on the front row.  I had a vague impression that I was falling backward.  No one was there to catch me, and it felt as if I were going in totally slow motion, backwards on this metal chair onto the concrete floor.  I was conscious of the fact that I had fallen, but didn't realize until later the full impact of what had happened.  I was totally safe and completely unharmed.  I have no idea if anyone saw me or not, but I felt a bit strange afterward realizing what had happened.  Must be how a drunk person feels when they remember something that happened while they were under the influence.

Mrs. Yosemite

Rainbow, I laughed at your post. :laughhard: :laughhard:  Seems like whenever I fall backwards, everybody runs gets out of the way instead of trying to catch. lol  Thank God for his Angels there to catch us.  I know the slow motion feeling you are talking about. lol

Bev

Mrs. Y, I have the opposite effect on people.  IT seems the smallest person in the church tends to try and catch me when I fall, then it turns to catastrophe.  LOL

Mrs. Yosemite

That sort of reminds me of a movie my mom bought and they were watching over at her house. It was called The Fighting Temptations.  Beyonce Knowles & Cuba Gooding are a couple of the main actors in this movie. It is about a guy who is trying to find people for a church choir so he can enter a big choir competition, and nobody can sing.

And if you have ever been to an African American church, you would probably find this movie very funny. That movie was so funny I almost fell off the couch! One woman in the movie was laying in the isle, when  'sister better than you' with her nose in the air comes strutting up thru there to find her pew.  She tripped and fell over the woman who was laying stretched out in the floor.  She says, " Why couldnt you find somewhere else to get slayed in the spirt!".

I thought my mom was going to croak. We laughed at that stupid mess for a long time. It was a very funny movie to me.

almondjoy

MelodyB

Sam, that was my FAVORITE part of that whole movie!! Justin and I laughed so hard at that part!! Cause when they said it, she just got up. :roll: It was great!

apsurf

Quote from: joyful 39 on May 28, 2008, 01:36:51 AM
one time I messed up and started singing the wrong song out of the songbook. Both songs I'll fly away, and Heavens jubilee, start out with Some glad morning... (i got them mixed up) the music was playing one song and I was singing another. kinda embarrassing.

I still do that every time I lead worship and pick one of those two songs..... :laughhard: