News:

Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

Don't Tempt Fate- Post,Post,Post, in Sharing 498!!

Started by Roscoe, February 13, 2015, 02:23:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

taco_harvell

Quote from: Lynx on February 14, 2015, 02:55:05 PM
(To my friends on this forum: Please disregard the following rant, as it has nothing to do with anything any of you have ever said to me.  This rant is about people I know here where I live. But I had to say this rant somewhere, and I don't want to hurt their feelings by saying it to their faces.)

[rant]

"Do you have a date for Valentine's Day?"
"Yes.  February 14th."

You know the one thing I hate about this day? People who have a relationship always assume single people are miserable, and they act on that assumption by going out of their way to console the single people. Who said I'm miserable? Did my face look like I was unhappy? Why do you feel you must reassure me that there is someone out there for me? What if I don't want there to be anyone for me? What if I'm happy being single? What if the thought that there is someone out there for me gives me nightmares? (It doesn't, but what if it did?)

It's almost like they're so busy expecting we single people to be unhappy about being single that it's a disappointment if we're not miserable.

Personally I'm happy with life right now. I don't know from personal experience but I hear that life with someone is better than life alone. If being married is too much better than my current life I might need a sedative. I'm not against the idea of finding THE ONE for me, dating and eventually marrying her, but I'm not going to focus so much on what I lack that I ignore all I have to enjoy right now.

To my friends who are married or dating, I'm sorry if it disappoints you that I'm not miserable. But really, I don't need consolation. Really. I'm totally fine right now.

[/rant]

Now that that's off my chest... who's ready for candy half-off day? Just try to beat me to the store. I get up awful early when there's a good reason to.
I truly believe some people are meant to be alone. They're happy that way. Then there are people like me, by the time I turned 16 I wasn't dating I was looking for a wife. I wanted a wife and family. GOD blessed me with my wife, the family part is in his hands. I just always knew I didn't want to be alone.

I know many others though who I think were meant to be alone. Some never married and are happy as can be, others let people talk them into getting married and were miserable till they divorced. That's why I may joke about match making but it's only a joke. Let those single folks chose their own road.
In love with RainbowJingles

http://lessonsintrust.blogspot.com/

Roscoe

Quote from: taco_harvell on February 15, 2015, 07:54:49 AM
Quote from: Roscoe on February 15, 2015, 02:11:08 AM
It's looking like I won't be Texas bound after all. I'm gonna go test drive the car Monday night probably, and if there are no unexpected surprises, I'll take off Tuesday and be done with it....but I already said that didn't I? Can you tell I'm a tad excited about it? :laughhard:
What ya gonna do with my Lincoln?
You behind the times, bro. I sold that possessed devil to my sister (not Kim) November-ish.....Ironically, she has not had a bit of trouble with it. Guess I fixed all its issues.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

mini

There is a 98 Lincoln like yours for sale a mile down the road from me.  24,000 original miles.  Guy paid over $40,000 for it new.  Never had anyone in the back seat.  Never had anything in the trunk.  Like new.  Asking $8500 for it now...
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

mini

I want a Dr Pepper.

Unfortunately, the guy in charge of making sure my office fridge is stocked with Dr Pepper is lazy, uncaring, and forgetful.  If he wasn't me, I would fire him.
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Lynx

Quote from: taco_harvell on February 15, 2015, 07:54:49 AM
What ya gonna do with my Lincoln?
Given all the trouble he had out of it, I would have guessed he would set fire to it and dance around it yelling strange chants and war whoops.  :P
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Lynx

Quote from: mini on February 15, 2015, 01:10:49 PM
I want a Dr Pepper.

Unfortunately, the guy in charge of making sure my office fridge is stocked with Dr Pepper is lazy, uncaring, and forgetful.  If he wasn't me, I would fire him.
Yeah lately I've also been having a lot of trouble out of Me. It has reached the point that I won't even talk to Me anymore. I still talk to Myself, but Me thinks he's five different people. I and Myself just leave Me alone these days - he's nuts!
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

Heather

Quote from: mini on February 15, 2015, 01:10:49 PM
I want a Dr Pepper.

I blessed you for that! Hilarious.

I'm currently in the library at school because my rm and her boyfriend showed up before I was even out of bed this morning. She jokes that I'm mean to Brandon [both him and I are really sarcastic] but she is terrible to her boyfriend who drove 5 hours to see her!! If I were him I would have kept my hind end in Clarksville and forget about her. Geez.

I have a paper to write and some reading to do. My boss went back on his word about my schedule and I'm open to close [in my department] MWF. So almost no time for homework during the week. I admit I'm only doing the bare minimum today and doing my snow dance tomorrow. They are saying 4-8 inches even in town. The mountains of course getting more. Bring it!!! I NEED IT!!!!  :cool:
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

Heather

Plus the whole Valentine's thing, Brandon and I have renamed it Nerd Day. We buy nerdy things for each other and do nerdy things. I got him a TMNT piggy bank and the first Hobbit movie on DVD. He bought me a vinyl figure I was missing from a collection I have for a favorite tv show. We went to dinner where we had our first day 4 years ago then to Kil'n Time [witty name!] where you paint pottery. I did a flower pot that say's The Henson's and he painted a giant Koi fish.  :cool:

Assuredbyfaith

Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on February 15, 2015, 01:47:30 AM

Quote from: Roscoe on February 14, 2015, 11:10:41 PM
How far are ya from Arlington?
a little over 100 miles.
Quote from: Assuredbyfaith on February 15, 2015, 12:11:00 AM
Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on February 14, 2015, 10:53:33 PM
If you come to Texas, y'all could come see us. :D

Where are you at?
if you were in Lufkin you were really close to Chel.
I live near Kilgore

I didn't know anyone else was living in Tx!!! I've been here three years if I'm still here in July! ;)
Proverbs 4:23 Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life.

The Purple Fuzzy

Assuredbyfaith

Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on February 16, 2015, 03:24:01 AM
Jenn is in TX, as well as Chel & me.

We will have to choose a middle ground and meet somewhere for Lunch sometime!!
Proverbs 4:23 Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life.

The Purple Fuzzy

Sounds good.

I'm at work on this rainy gloomy day.

Roscoe

I'm at work. Slid all the way in, we've got around an inch and a half of ice on the ground. Top speed all the way in was around 45 mph. So much for driving the 'vette today. :pound:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

MsJennJenn

Ugh. Stupid weather. It's so cold. And supposed to be back up to the 70's by the weekend.

I'm coming to the conclusion that men who are well versed, are strong about who they are and what they believe, and can converse on a intellectual and deeper level, are also the men who have the complete opposite beliefs/convictions that I do. Ugh.
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Lynx

I also drove to work on a sheet of ice.  Got up at 7:30 and looked out the window, roads were clear.  Looked out at 8:00 and they were covered with ice. 

Very few people came to work today so those who showed up stayed later than originally planned.  Gonna be a lot of people getting overtime this week, of which I am one. :D
"Do you sing at church?"

Assuredbyfaith

Sitting in the parking lot; wishing I wasn't going in to work!!! Bleh, going to be rough...short handed and we aren't allowed overtime! Still got to have the job done!!!  :smirk2:

mini

I am a morning person and I think they need to start mornings around noon.

The Purple Fuzzy

Lynx

For all the fun I had yesterday, today I hate snow and ice.  See, my father was supposed to come down from Kentucky today... but he can't get out of his driveway.

Yesterday I loved the snow and ice.  I guess it's a love-hate relationship... or something... All I know is I WANT MY DADDY!!! :demand:
"Do you sing at church?"

Heather

Geri

Yesterday was a work from home day for me since my daughter was off school for the holiday. Today, I had to actually get up and change out of my pjs for work.  :sadbounce:

I just came across something on facebook that couldn't have come at a better time! It's a decluttering challenge called 40 bags in 40 days. We are trying to get the house ready for the new baby, which includes decluttering and redecorating our guest room to move my daughter into that room, and redecorating her old room for the baby. We were going to redecorate both rooms anyway, so we gave her the option of keeping her room or moving into the bigger room and she jumped at the chance to have the bigger room.

We also have to baby proof again, which also means decluttering the common areas and reorganizing. It seems really overwhelming and the clock ticks faster every day!! Hoping chunking up the work like this will help keep us motivated!

We've been in our house for 5 years, after previously moving yearly, and unfortunately we have accumulated a bunch of junk we don't need! I hated moving every year, but it did help us do a yearly purge. lol

Here is the link to the challenge information in case anyone else is interested.
http://www.whitehouseblackshutters.com/40-bags-in-40-days-2014/

Roscoe

Well, lookie at the golden oldies showing up. :lol: About time some of you came back around.
And in sharing- it's cold. And I don't like it. And the Corvette I was gonna get- well, the guy was honest and called me to inform me of a BUNCH of things that had seemingly randomly went haywire with it. Therefore, I must assume it isn't God's will.
Completely unrelated- I am ready for a vacation. It'll help keep me from killing my coworkers. Even my car pool partner, who has been like a brother to me for the past 15 years is riding my last nerve raw. I NEED a cabin in the mountains away from people, I think.

SippinTea

"Not everything that is of God is easy." -Elona

"When you're wildly in love with someone, it changes everything." -F. Chan

"A real live hug anytime you want it is priceless." -Rachel

sunlight

:attackhug: Be full of hugs!

Lynx

Quote from: Roscoe on February 17, 2015, 11:54:24 PM
I NEED a cabin in the mountains away from people, I think.
Alright Seth, quit hacking Bobby's account.
"Do you sing at church?"