News:

What happens if you get scared half to death twice? -Steven Wright

Main Menu

Don't Tempt Fate- Post,Post,Post, in Sharing 498!!

Started by Roscoe, February 13, 2015, 02:23:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Heather

Quote from: MelodyB on February 24, 2015, 02:09:26 AM
Oh...Heather...this may be TMI for some on here, but they can skip it. Knut was born on Dec 9. He is just at 12 weeks old. He still has little white rice looking worms coming from his bottom sometimes. I used an OTC wormer already, but they still are there. What should I do?

I bought Pro-sense roundworm liquid de-wormer. I gave him a dose and another follow up dose two weeks later. That was a week ago and I'm still seeing the "rice".

It's not roundworms. It's tapeworm segments from ingesting fleas. He needs GOOD flea medicine and a dose of tapeworm meds [usually one pill] but it'll be useless if he doesn't get flea preventative. I use Advantage Multi on Topher. It available at PetSmart. It does fleas and worms [but not tapes] and heartworm.

On non animal bottoms news, our 2-3 inches of snow is currently hovering around the 4.5 inch mark. No school for us again today. I was all for the snow days last week, but I'm paying for this education. Also my roommate thinks she is sick with strep [according to her though she is always sick] and the thought of being in this room all day with her makes me want to call work and see if they need any help......
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

The Purple Fuzzy

SippinTea

Isaac, when that happened once with a company I used to work for, they covered any fees from bounced checks, etc, because it was THEIR mistake. Since you caught it in advance, they should be able to advance you money via your own job location. I'd pursue it, if I were you. That's totally not cool.

:beret:
"Not everything that is of God is easy." -Elona

"When you're wildly in love with someone, it changes everything." -F. Chan

"A real live hug anytime you want it is priceless." -Rachel

The Purple Fuzzy

Now they're saying we will get snow tomorrow.  We hardly EVER get snow. I'm not holding my breath.  Of course, snow is much better than the ice we got yesterday.

And, Isaac, that is terrible. I would be very unhappy.

Roscoe

I'm home. Finally. Roads are great, but we are supposed to get anywhere from 2 to 5 " of snow tomorrow. I am WAY over winter, if I haven't mentioned it.  I think it is supposed to be decent, as in above freezing, Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. Depending on the truth of that I might get to take a little road trip to the wild badlands of Texas.......
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Assuredbyfaith

*sniff* On my way to work...roads are clear! Can't wait to see if I get snowed in on my lunch break!!!  :updown:
Proverbs 4:23 Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life.

Assuredbyfaith

Roads are clear...wonder how many people have called out tonight!!!   :smirk2:
Proverbs 4:23 Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life.

Lynx

We're supposed to get snow here about midday. Frankly I'm not too thrilled about it this time, as it would mean ANOTHER canceled church service.  I like going to church, it's where I see all the normal people.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Assuredbyfaith

Drove home from work through heavy sleet; with an Ice covered car. It says snow up till noon; but I doubt that it will!!!

Assuredbyfaith

Oh, yeah...it's snowing on top of the sleet!!! Brr...it's freezing!!! 😲

The Purple Fuzzy

It's snowing like crazy here. Very unusual for my area.

Roscoe

Snowing here too...but so far it seems to be melting on the roadways, so I will remain at work.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

SippinTea

"Not everything that is of God is easy." -Elona

"When you're wildly in love with someone, it changes everything." -F. Chan

"A real live hug anytime you want it is priceless." -Rachel

Heather

*packs a bag and heads to the car. punches Oregon into GPS*

Was finally able to work a full day without weather interferring.Supposed to get 3-5 inches of snow overnight. If we are out of school again tomorrow that'll be 2 weeks of no classes. Do universities give refunds for time not in class? They should for what I'm paying. All my teachers have thrown out their syllabus' since we are so far off now.

Assuredbyfaith

Snows all melted now...although, they are predicting more over the weekend! That or ice!

The Purple Fuzzy

Quote from: Assuredbyfaith on February 26, 2015, 06:23:16 AM
Snows all melted now...although, they are predicting more over the weekend! That or ice!
Where exactly are you in Texas?  PM me if you don't want to say on the board.

I'm back at work.  I got to work from home yesterday. I wish I could do that all the time.

Assuredbyfaith

Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on February 26, 2015, 02:37:13 PM
Quote from: Assuredbyfaith on February 26, 2015, 06:23:16 AM
Where exactly are you in Texas?  PM me if you don't want to say on the board.

I'm back at work.  I got to work from home yesterday. I wish I could do that all the time.

PM sent! 😉

Heather

About 5 more inches of snow last night. Day classes were canceled. No idea if my 345 is meeting today or not since 4 pm and after classes are supposed to meet. Roads look to be decently clear but I haven't been out yet.

MelodyB

I haven't been out today. My lungs hurt. I have been coughing non stop. It's about 48*, clear and windy. But the damp chill is enough to keep me inside since I'm feeling this bad. I was glad to be off today.

Not sure if I should brave the cold and go to service tonight. Might make me feel worse if I try. :smirk2:
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Mountain Dew

Ya'll just about freaked me out! I thought about and decided to come back for a visit and www.Godplace.com was GONE!!! I googled and found it.  :pound: Who did that to me?
Delight in the Lord...

MsJennJenn

Quote from: Mountain Dew on February 26, 2015, 11:02:20 PM
Ya'll just about freaked me out! I thought about and decided to come back for a visit and www.Godplace.com was GONE!!! I googled and found it.  :pound: Who did that to me?

Seth did it. He was distraught over finding out about you being married.

:hypocrite:
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Roscoe

Well, since Jenn has invited the evil snow queen into her area in a futile attempt to keep me from invading her city, I am forced to wait another week to acquire my beloved Corvette. This has rendered me to be annoyed. I'm blaming Jenn. And Mini, just 'cause. :pound:

Oh yeah- hello, Dewsy. Haven't saw you since we won the Chocolate Gravy war.  :P

MsJennJenn

Don't blame me. I loathe winter and everything that comes with it.
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Assuredbyfaith

No snow...however, I'm tired of being cold!!!  ❄

Roscoe

Quote from: MsJennJenn on February 27, 2015, 05:01:49 AM
Don't blame me. I loathe winter and everything that comes with it.
I  am 100% in agreement with you. I was in full systems go to come pick up my car in your town, until the guy I'm buying it from texted me and said that it was snowing and was supposed to do so today. He said the roads were clear then, but there was no telling how they would be this morning. Since I want a whole Corvette and not many pieces of a corvette I decided not to risk it, since next weekend the forecast for your area is near 70 degrees. Corvettes don't do good at all on wet and slick roads......