News:

:teeth: To crack the Top 10 posters, you must have over 11,000 posts. :teeth:

Main Menu

Don't Tempt Fate- Post,Post,Post, in Sharing 498!!

Started by Roscoe, February 13, 2015, 02:23:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Assuredbyfaith

Quote from: Chseeads on February 21, 2015, 04:03:06 AM
:smirk2:

I'm over this weather.  Far far over it.

I'm over a great many a thing, actually.

If only....it was that simple!!

Proverbs 4:23 Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life.

Assuredbyfaith

I just spent three+ hours trying to fix my computer; when the problem was Microsoft. I thought I  had deleted part of my Internet explorer files...because it wouldn't work; and even though it said I had the current version; it wasn't under programs! So...system restore twice, update twice, PC refresh 4+ times...I was just about ready to go buy a terabyte; or some such backup so I could save my Photography Portfolios (All 5,000+)...and then spend the whole day factory resetting my PC; and then downloading all the software I have added!!! :o

So thankful I wasn't so impatient that I rushed right out to do this...because apparently everything is fixed and running!!! 😔
Proverbs 4:23 Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life.

sunlight

:attackhug: Be full of hugs!

The Purple Fuzzy

Assuredbyfaith

Quote from: sunlight on February 21, 2015, 03:13:30 PM
I still recommend that backup... Now.

I have most of my files backed up to various SD, CD, flash, micro...just not all of them!!!

Assuredbyfaith

How strange on a scale of 1-10 is it that a local PD; which I don't know, and have never seen before; walks up behind me at work(I was talking to someone so I didn't hear him or see him)and whispers "Boo" in my ear????  I'm slightly freaked out!  :o If he had gotten any closer he would have had to shove me out of the way!  :-\   

Really strange things have been happening to me in the last eight months...I don't need it to get any stranger!!! 😲

Roscoe

:hi:
It's my day off. I've discovered that my new callsign for ham radio, reflecting my new privileges and initials is now active. Now to get used to saying "AC5RM" instead of "KF5TIE"..
Still waiting on another guy to respond reference his Corvette. I don't understand why you would list something for sale, then drag your feet on responding to a truly interested party??
And I have a pork loin in the oven and bread rising....
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Lynx

Speaking of interested parties... I would be interested in joining that party with the pork loin. :D
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Assuredbyfaith

Quote from: Roscoe on February 21, 2015, 09:02:50 PM
Still waiting on another guy to respond reference his Corvette. I don't understand why you would list something for sale, then drag your feet on responding to a truly interested party??

It's a Corvette! Who wants to really get rid of one? His wife is probably making him sale it!! 😉

Heather

I'm fairly certain I'm dying. Brandon keeps telling me I'm not but with how I've felt the last 24 hours, Jesus can take me if that's what He wants. I've ate nothing out of the ordinary and nothing that's a trigger for my phantom gallbladder, but I swear it feels like I have gravel in my intestines. I can barely waddle around. I'm in a lot of discomfort.

But despite that I still made it to Jacob's party. He is so very dear to my heart. He is the special needs son of the couple who gave me my very first Bible study and they prayed me through almost 14 years ago. He is so excited about our wedding. He announced to everyone when we got there that he was invited but he's going to bring his mom too. I had addressed their invite to him and family.  :cool: He has always hugged me and sat with me regardless of what church or service we are at and regardless of where I was in my walk or how I looked. He has treated me the same regardless of anything. His dinner was a tad awkward though because it was quite a few people from my old church including the pastor and his family. Everyone spoke to me though but him. Everyone however understands why I left, but him. He doesn't approve of anyone leaving his church ever regardless of reasons [moving, lots of prayer, etc.]
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

Assuredbyfaith

When is the Wedding? Belated Congratulations; if I hadn't mentioned it before now? 😊

Roscoe

Quote from: Assuredbyfaith on February 21, 2015, 11:21:26 PM

It's a Corvette! Who wants to really get rid of one? His wife is probably making him sale it!! 😉
Actually, he is selling it because it is a stick shift and his wife can't drive it, so he bought an automatic convertible Corvette for them to drive. He's a good hubby, it appears...and I like him, because he responded to me, agreed to sell said stick shift car to me at my price, and threw in some manuals for the car, about a $100 value.
So- beware Jenn. Sometime in the next week or so when the weather co-operates, I shall invade your fair city. :smirk:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Assuredbyfaith

Quote from: Roscoe on February 22, 2015, 02:32:57 AM
Quote from: Assuredbyfaith on February 21, 2015, 11:21:26 PM

Actually, he is selling it because it is a stick shift and his wife can't drive it, so he bought an automatic convertible Corvette for them to drive. He's a good hubby, it appears...and I like him, because he responded to me, agreed to sell said stick shift car to me at my price, and threw in some manuals for the car, about a $100 value.
So- beware Jenn. Sometime in the next week or so when the weather co-operates, I shall invade your fair city. :smirk:

Awww... That's sweet!  I can't drive a stick shift either! Maybe he is just caught up in every day life; too busy to get back to you! 😊

Heather

Thanks! The wedding is in May.

I can drive a manual. My car is a manual. Everyone is so surprised when they find out. My mom insisted on teaching me after I learned how to drive as a teenager. However they never taught my sister. It makes buying a car a lot easier since I can drive both and also I prefer a manual to an automatic in the snow. Less time on the brake.

MelodyB

Working working working.

I am getting over 40 hours this week. I can't complain about the hours or the paycheck that is coming, but boy am I tired! 

God answered my prayer for a job that gives me hours...so I'm not complaining!

That's why I've been quiet lately. I don't have time for anything but work and church. Thankful my job also allows me to be off for services.  \o/
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Roscoe

Everyone should learn to drive a manual at least. Of course they are becoming less common. ..you almost have to buy a Sportscar to get one now.
When I bought Rusty the 46 I made the statement to lou that since it was a standard I didn't have to worry about her driving it. (She knew the basics but didn't like driving them). The next morning  I go out to get in my truck and it's gone. She came home from work , tossed me the keys and informed me that she liked the antique and had gotten her a key made for it. I've never boasted since.....

The Purple Fuzzy

I can drive a standard, too. I guess it's not standard anymore and that's why it's called manual more now.  When I first started dating my husband, I had a Honda Civic 4 speed. I just assumed he could drive one & threw him the keys. Turned out that he hadn't really driven standards except on tractors & such and of course was too proud to tell me. He did pretty good until we stopped at a light on a hill. :o

mini

Quote from: Roscoe on February 22, 2015, 04:38:37 PM
Everyone should learn to drive a manual at least. Of course they are becoming less common. ..you almost have to buy a Sportscar to get one now.
When I bought Rusty the 46 I made the statement to lou that since it was a standard I didn't have to worry about her driving it. (She knew the basics but didn't like driving them). The next morning  I go out to get in my truck and it's gone. She came home from work , tossed me the keys and informed me that she liked the antique and had gotten her a key made for it. I've never boasted since.....

:ugly:
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Heather

Quote from: MelodyB on February 22, 2015, 02:32:08 PM
Working working working.

I am getting over 40 hours this week. I can't complain about the hours or the paycheck that is coming, but boy am I tired! 

God answered my prayer for a job that gives me hours...so I'm not complaining!

That's why I've been quiet lately. I don't have time for anything but work and church AND PLAYING WITH MY NEW KITTEN. Thankful my job also allows me to be off for services.  \o/

I fixed that for you Mel  :cool:

I drive a 2007 Yaris and it's definitely NOT a sports car. Also my 2010 Nissan Versa was a manual.

I ended up calling them manuals because my friend from Northern Ireland called them that. I thought it sounded better than stick shift or 5 speed.

SippinTea

Heather - May 26 is a really REALLY great day to get married. :D

Sandra - Haha!! I don't think I've heard that story. Hilarious!

:beret:
"Not everything that is of God is easy." -Elona

"When you're wildly in love with someone, it changes everything." -F. Chan

"A real live hug anytime you want it is priceless." -Rachel

Heather

Quote from: SippinTea on February 23, 2015, 12:05:30 AM
Heather - May 26 is a really REALLY great day to get married. :D

Sandra - Haha!! I don't think I've heard that story. Hilarious!

Our date is a little sooner than that. We had to hit a certain time to miss finals but be married before summer move in. We have opted to live in married housing on campus. Our date is Thursday May 14th.  :cool:

SippinTea

Ah. Well, sooner is probably better than later. ;) I would have happily been married in January, but.... well, it didn't work out that way. LOL

"Not everything that is of God is easy." -Elona

"When you're wildly in love with someone, it changes everything." -F. Chan

"A real live hug anytime you want it is priceless." -Rachel

Assuredbyfaith

So it's 3:00 A.M. I'm on my lunch break...so far I've hit the local fast food for hot chocolate, stopped by the ATM at my bank, and filled my gas tank! So for all those who called in from work because there is a BIG ice storm...what ice?   ???  :smirk2:

In other news...the local, national whatever news had everyone here freaked out about the big storm; people have pretty much emptied the shelves!!!  :o

Roscoe

Back at work, where I will probably get snowed in, if the weatherman is to be believed. :smirk: Last night we dismissed church early because the roads were in such bad shape- we slipped and slid home, and I anticipated sleeping in today. But the roads were miraculously clear. Lou took off because Chey's school dismissed. I hope she doesn't get in trouble. She says she won't and since she's worked at Walmart for 10 years I have to trust her...

Assuredbyfaith

Just had to use a bottle of Gatorade to get my door unfrozen so I could make it home from work!!! So from wet and rainy to frozen in just under four hours...made it home safe! It's still raining Ice outside...thankfully I have the night off!!! So I get to stay home and be lazy; ice, and cold can't get me down!!! 😏