News:

Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

The best...why?

Started by Assuredbyfaith, January 12, 2015, 04:53:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Assuredbyfaith

Quote from: MsJennJenn on January 26, 2015, 07:31:43 PM
Quote from: SippinTea on January 25, 2015, 03:40:49 AM

The worst moments:
~ Getting almost-marriage-proposals in private messages from single guys I had no interest in.

Nothing this good ever happens to me.  :hypocrite: :rotfl:

That is better than getting them in person...at least you can ignore a message!  I had one tell me he was ready to make my parents "Dreams" come true!  I blush really easy...so not only was I red in the face...my expression must have been priceless; for all the hilarious, sarcastically funny thoughts running through my mind!! I would have been rolling on the floor had my Dad been there to hear it. I doubt he could've kept a straight face!! ROFL

BTW~ I attract all kinds of strange...not to mention family members have strange concepts of "Mr. Right"!!! LoL
Proverbs 4:23 Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life.

Scott

Weird Proposals:

I actually had a few of them in my time and I am still shaking my head about them.

One chick - Agnes I will call her was an absolute stalker. She followed me around when I was on dates and tried to interject herself into the date. She actually followed us to the restaurant and barged into our little private booth and demanded we visit her house. We did to be nice, played UNO with her and her drunk dad.  Creeeepy place.   She once sent balloon flowers to me at work with other peoples name on it and when I finally told Her to back off and seek someone else. She ran me over with her car.

The others were just 15/16 year old girls who insisted it was Gods will for me to marry them.  I was a youth leader to one and a visiting evangelist for the other. I had to ignore the phone calls and letters.

I once had a gal that made up stories about her and I. I showed up to church one day after giving her a ride home. It was all over the church and she and I had been ''parking'' the night before.  I confronted her about it and she denied all. But she was the only one who knew I gave her a ride home.

"I find your lack of faith disturbing." (Vader)

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf (Orwell and Churchhill)

The Never Ending Battle

Assuredbyfaith

I've had several stalkers...one would go to mgmt if I didn't walk into work with them; take break with them. Several times mgmt came to me saying ..."so, and so says you won't talk to them; and that you spend too much time with this person"!  :o I was like what is this? Kindergarten? It got to be that they would wait for me in the parking lot so they could park by me; and walk in with me! So when I would get fast food as a quick snack before work; they would sit there in the car watching me eat! 😐 I started hiding, and coming in at odd times!!! 
Proverbs 4:23 Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life.

Roscoe

Quote from: SippinTea on January 27, 2015, 03:48:57 AM
Well. Actually. Roscoe wouldn't know anything about "high places"........

*ahem*

*evil grin*

:beret:
:pound: :pound: Evil woman. Ya stay gone for an eternity, then stroll back in assaulting me.  :pound: And yes, a round of smites WAS delivered for that little bash-fest. :hypocrite:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Scott

Stalkers are creepy.

I had one about 2 years after my wife I got married. She refused to believe I was married, I showed her my wedding ring, introduced her to my wife and coworkers tried to explain that I was married. 

She'd bring me coffee and donuts (or bagels) in the morning.  She kept her time card in the same slot as mine. She'd punch my time card in when she punched hers in (the boss found out when he noticed my card had 2 punch ins and 2 punch outs each day) and she always went to lunch when I did and made sure she sat next to me in the lunch room. Then - she kept asking me to move in with her. She looked normal, to the rest of the company she acted normal and she was a very pretty gal.  Just a creepy stalker.  My employer figured out what she was doing and found a way to fire her.

We had one at church that hated my wife. She would literally push my wife out of the way if we were walking side by side and grab my arm.  She'd find reasons to sit by me in church or in the fellowship hall.

She convinced the senior pastor that she needed marriage counseling and wanted me to do it because I ran a law office and could explain the paperwork to her. She once told him that she was mad at me and that I never apologized to her. She said I knew what it was. (I did not) He called me in and yelled at me, I told him that I had no idea what he was talking about. He demanded that I spend some time of the phone with her and get it straightened out.  I talked to her, it took nearly 2 hours to get rid of her. She wanted Male Attention.  The next day the pastor and I had a heart to heart. I let him know that if she had problem in the future - he was dealing with it.

*sigh*

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf (Orwell and Churchhill)

The Never Ending Battle

Lynx

I second what JenN said.  Why does that kind of exciting stuff never happen to me?  I've never had a stalker.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

SippinTea

Quote from: Roscoe on January 27, 2015, 06:29:48 PM
:pound: :pound: Evil woman. Ya stay gone for an eternity, then stroll back in assaulting me.  :pound: And yes, a round of smites WAS delivered for that little bash-fest. :hypocrite:

EVIL?!? I was just speaking the truth in love....  :hypocrite:

"Not everything that is of God is easy." -Elona

"When you're wildly in love with someone, it changes everything." -F. Chan

"A real live hug anytime you want it is priceless." -Rachel

Roscoe

Quote from: SippinTea on January 28, 2015, 05:06:52 AM
Quote from: Roscoe on January 27, 2015, 06:29:48 PM

EVIL?!? I was just speaking the truth in love....  :hypocrite:

*smite*
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Scott

Quote from: Lynx on January 27, 2015, 11:43:21 PM
I second what JenN said.  Why does that kind of exciting stuff never happen to me?  I've never had a stalker.

Be glad you've never had a stalker. THEY ARE NOT FUN!

Over the years I've had more than my share.  (Occupational hazard) I've had people put Vaseline on the steps leading to my apartment, follow me, call me at all hours of the night, threaten to kill me and my family and send nasty letters. I started keeping a loaded gun, got over protective dogs, have had the police monitoring my phone calls, kept unlisted phone numbers and finally did away with land lines. I have a carry permit and do carry a gun with me.

One stalker actually wrote a letter to the Gen. Sup of the UPCI along with various organizational officials; to tell them that I was being picked on by other preachers and that I was going to sue them.  She then sent a copy of the letter to me and promised to testify on my behalf.  Yeah - try going to camp after that happened.

:nono: :nono: YOU DON'T WANT A STALKER!!!!!   :nono:  :nono:

The Never Ending Battle

Assuredbyfaith

Oh, wow!!!!  :o Mine have been mostly funny, irritating not scary. With the exception of a teacher in high school...that was scary!!!

taco_harvell

I'm still wondering why Isaac who I've  met twice will text Roscoe and not Taco. Did I scare you?
In love with RainbowJingles

http://lessonsintrust.blogspot.com/

Roscoe

Quote from: taco_harvell on February 03, 2015, 09:14:56 AM
I'm still wondering why Isaac who I've  met twice will text Roscoe and not Taco. Did I scare you?
Obviously it is because I am most likeable...:hypocrite:

The Purple Fuzzy

Quote from: taco_harvell on February 03, 2015, 09:14:56 AM

You're pretty scary with that meat cleaver in your hand in your profile pic...

Lynx

I never got your phone number.  Bobby gave me his so I could call for where/when we meet for breakfast while I was down there.  That's why I can occasionally torment him.

Until he changes his number, that is... But he still has the same one, which means I'm not tormenting him enough.  I need to step up my game.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

Roscoe

Quote from: Lynx on February 03, 2015, 02:26:04 PM
I never got your phone number.  Bobby gave me his so I could call for where/when we meet for breakfast while I was down there.  That's why I can occasionally torment him.

Until he changes his number, that is... But he still has the same one, which means I'm not tormenting him enough.  I need to step up my game.
You couldn't torment me enough to change my number. It's took me 5 years to remember it, I ain't about to change and start all over again.

Lynx

I couldn't?  Is... is that a challenge?
"Do you sing at church?"

sunlight

Why would he change his number when he could just block you? :evilgrin:
  :attackhug: Be full of hugs!

Lynx

Block schmock, I could still use his signal to track him down. Bwahaha!
"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

Quote from: Lynx on February 05, 2015, 04:39:09 AM
Block schmock, I could still use his signal to track him down. Bwahaha!
Good luck with that. :smirk: You should remember where I live there's not any signal to track most times. Sad, I can talk to someone in Australia on the radio but can't talk to my next door neighbor on the phone. :lol:

Scott

Quote from: Roscoe on February 05, 2015, 10:10:12 PM

Sad, I can talk to someone in Australia on the radio but can't talk to my next door neighbor on the phone. :lol:

That is so very sad.  The only ones that talk to you are people who do not know you.  So sad, have you considered better hygiene?   :hypocrite:

The Never Ending Battle

taco_harvell

Quote from: Scott on February 06, 2015, 05:56:45 AM
Quote from: Roscoe on February 05, 2015, 10:10:12 PM

Sad, I can talk to someone in Australia on the radio but can't talk to my next door neighbor on the phone. :lol:

That is so very sad.  The only ones that talk to you are people who do not know you.  So sad, have you considered better hygiene?   :hypocrite:
So, So, SAD! Then those who feel sorry for him and call his home find out he doesn't know how to hang up the phone.

Roscoe

:pound: I only want to TALK to people, not see 'em. I'll keep the odor if it keeps idiots away. *grump*

taco_harvell

Quote from: Roscoe on February 06, 2015, 03:35:39 PM
:pound: I only want to TALK to people, not see 'em. I'll keep the odor if it keeps idiots away. *grump*
Fine me and Mini will drive past you for future meetups.

Roscoe

Quote from: taco_harvell on February 06, 2015, 04:36:54 PM
Quote from: Roscoe on February 06, 2015, 03:35:39 PM
Fine me and Mini will drive past you for future meetups.
I can't believe you consider yourself and Mini as idiots. I would NEVER have considered that of you..:hypocrite:

The Purple Fuzzy