News:

Monday is an awful way to spend 1/7th of your life. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

The best...why?

Started by Assuredbyfaith, January 12, 2015, 04:53:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Assuredbyfaith

What's the best thing that has ever happened on GP... to you/ your life? Your favorite moment/ memories? What has GP been to you?
Proverbs 4:23 Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life.

Chseeads

It's had some good, some bad, and some ugly. 

mini

The day Roscoe lost his Internet....hehe....

DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

sunlight

The GP moments that impacted me the most...
The phone chats with 9+ people
When Thomas joined...
When Thomas died.
When roscoe joined.
The meet ups.  I like you guys just as much in person as on here, if not more.
The weddings.
And the fact that I consider my GP friends my real friends... And most everyone else acquaintances.
  :attackhug: Be full of hugs!

Roscoe

Quote from: sunlight on January 12, 2015, 09:32:37 PM
The GP moments that impacted me the most...
The phone chats with 9+ people
When Thomas joined...
When Thomas died.
When roscoe joined.
The meet ups.  I like you guys just as much in person as on here, if not more.
The weddings.
And the fact that I consider my GP friends my real friends... And most everyone else acquaintances.
I am more honored than I can ever say to have made this list. Seriously.

And having said that- :pound: mini :pound: for instigating the events of the day he references. At least my singing over the ham radio didn't make the list. :sadbounce:

Every moment I am on here  has been great. But the moments that impact me most is the moments that occurred because of gp, not necessarily ON Gp. The meetups- from discovering Mini and I have similar interests and meeting and becoming friends/ brothers with his family. Meeting Taco and the clown and seeing their Holy Ghost was REAL...walking in the prayer room with Taco showed me more of his character and walk with God than anything he could've done consciously. ....Meeting Chel, hearing her questions about relationships and "how will you know?" questions, then watching when Burrito came along and they changed to " Oh....that's how you know- no doubt." :laughhard:
Meeting Isaac- Meeting Newsman- meeting the Fuzzy Beastie, albeit briefly....all great moments.  Hopefully a few more of you I shall meet....
And as referred to before- Thomas. The phone calls, the joking, the wedding plans- and the loss. :cry:
This place is the best. Being a lot more reserved in real life than here, I can promise that had I met y'all at a church event or something, I'd never have spoken to you and would've been huddled in a corner, very uncomfortable. But y'all here- ya drug me out of my shell, gave me a vent place, prayed for me, and have made my life so much better. Yep- GP is the best.  :thumbsup2: :thumbsup2: (in the American sense, Mel, should you read this.:lol:)
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

The Purple Fuzzy

Assuredbyfaith

I would have to say...all the crazy laughter; and insane humor! I'm glad for the friendships that have become a part of my life...those friends that are still holding on!!!

Tag Jaybee, Chseeads, Sis, Newsman, RainbowJingles and so many others....
Proverbs 4:23 Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life.

Assuredbyfaith

Quote from: mini on January 12, 2015, 06:55:44 PM

Roscoe lost his internet? And lived to tell about it?   :o Wow!!!!

mini

I found it!

Something had happened, and Roscoe was unable to access his internet for a few days.  With that in mind, we made up all kinds of stories about him, spread *cough*mis*cough*information, and caused him to have a slight stroke when he came back...LOL
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Assuredbyfaith

Oh...ROFL 😂 That is so hilarious!!!! *tears* 

Roscoe

Quote from: Assuredbyfaith on January 14, 2015, 12:53:53 AM
Oh...ROFL 😂 That is so hilarious!!!! *tears* 
:pound: Bah. And just so you know, Roscoe wasn't out of internet service "for a few days". A few HOURS was all it took for these clowns to fabricate a page and a half of scurrilous lies.... :pound:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Chseeads

Oh, I remember that now.

Backseat Radio

Quote from: mini on January 13, 2015, 10:41:22 PM
Something had happened, and Roscoe was unable to access his internet for a few days.  With that in mind, we made up all kinds of stories about him, spread *cough*mis*cough*information, and caused him to have a slight stroke when he came back...LOL

Sounds like I missed plenty of fun when I quit coming to GP for a while

Lynx

For your entertainment and enjoyment...

http://mission238.com/forum/index.php?board=2.480

That's most of them.  Go forward or back a page to catch the rest.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

taco_harvell

Meeting Rainbowjingles and making her my wife.
Gaining Brothers and Sisters who I consider and love like they're my own blood family from here to Oregon.
Watching Burrito's face lose all color and expression when I asked him one question. lol
Meeting Thomas after many late night talks only a few months before he went home.
knowing I'll meet him again.
The BUBBAS! Men who I want to be like and have spoke GOD into my life more than once. I want to be a Man of GOD like them.
In love with RainbowJingles

http://lessonsintrust.blogspot.com/

Scott

Quote from: mini on January 12, 2015, 06:55:44 PM

I had forgotten about that....
"I find your lack of faith disturbing." (Vader)

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf (Orwell and Churchhill)

The Never Ending Battle

sunlight

Quote from: taco_harvell on January 17, 2015, 02:19:29 PM
Gaining Brothers and Sisters who I consider and love like they're my own blood family from here to Oregon.
Watching Burrito's face lose all color and expression when I asked him one question. lol
Meeting Thomas after many late night talks only a few months before he went home.
The BUBBAS! Men who I want to be like and have spoke GOD into my life more than once. I want to be a Man of GOD like them.
What question did you ask burrito?

taco_harvell

Quote from: sunlight on January 18, 2015, 01:44:10 AM
Quote from: taco_harvell on January 17, 2015, 02:19:29 PM
What question did you ask burrito?
In the Chinese Buffet.
In love with RainbowJingles

http://lessonsintrust.blogspot.com/

mini

Ok...the best things that have ever happened.

Meeting Roscoe.  He is Petit Jeans (no, not skinny jeans.  The thought of him in skinny jeans is *shudder*) best tour guide.  And he has caused me to buy Sam.

Meeting Taco.  The gentle giant.  Ill never forget the sermon he shared with me.  Listened to it on the way to mow the church yard, spent the first hour on my face in front of the altar praying after hearing that.

The hours ive spent talking to and texting Roscoe and Taco.  My ministry brethren.

Meeting Rainbow Jingles.  My wife and I would adopt her if we could.

Taco and Rainbow getting married.

Meeting Ruby (and the rest of the crew).  And knowing why that meetup was called stargazers 2009.  And the resulting wedding from that meetup.

The gravy wars.  Anyone who eats chocolate gravy is fit for a insane asylum.

Chels hugs.  If that girl hugs you, you dont come unhugged for months.

Chel getting married.  I approve of her husband.

PF.  She is a saint.

Momma TJ and her cooked possum.

Cletus, his pink cammo, Sarba Ann, and Hetter.

The jokes i started on here.  Waves @ Bob.  ...in accordance to prophecy.

Scott

I don't know if I am allowed to say this. But Chel had me run a background check on her hubby to be.

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf (Orwell and Churchhill)

The Never Ending Battle

Scott

Another thing...

I cannot say what it was or who it was, but one Christmas a poster sent me a gift out of the Blue and said he/she was told by God to do it. (I made a promise)

It was an amazing gift and one of the more expensive gifts I've ever received in my life.

I still have it and make use of it nearly every day.  I will never forget the kindness.

The Never Ending Battle

sunlight

Quote from: Scott on January 21, 2015, 05:05:43 AM
I don't know if I am allowed to say this. But Chel had me run a background check on her hubby to be.

He came back clean too! Lol! So I married him.

Scott

Quote from: sunlight on January 22, 2015, 12:40:19 AM
Quote from: Scott on January 21, 2015, 05:05:43 AM

He came back clean too! Lol! So I married him.

I think he had a speeding ticket!   :freaky2:

The Never Ending Battle

sunlight

Lol! I don't remember that part.

Scott

Quote from: sunlight on January 22, 2015, 06:45:45 PM
Lol! I don't remember that part.

Every background check I've run on a prospective hubby for someone - at least one speeding ticket.

The Never Ending Battle