What happens if you get scared half to death twice? -Steven Wright

Main Menu

GP, Bring old posters back to heaven, drag 'em back to Sharing 497

Started by Roscoe, December 14, 2014, 01:34:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Assuredbyfaith

Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on February 10, 2015, 10:19:07 PM
Quote from: Assuredbyfaith on February 03, 2015, 02:19:42 PM
Sitting in the doctor's office...bleh, I dislike waiting...almost as much as I dislike the medical profession!!!! 😩
Are you still there waiting?

ROFL No...I made it out alive! More tests...no answers! I don't go back till May...which doesn't make me happy! I want answers!!! I may call the office; get all my records, and results...then become a research artist! :smirk2: :updown:
Proverbs 4:23 Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life.

Assuredbyfaith

Quote from: Lynx on February 08, 2015, 09:56:40 PM
Have I made any comments yet on this forum about the guy I've been taking to work?  Well there's this guy named Billy who works where I work, and for a month or so he has been without a car, so I've been taking him to work.  He's a nice enough guy - calls the managers at work sir and ma'am, calls me sir sometimes (which makes me feel old...) but he's definitely nowhere near a christian.  He's always talking about how drunk he got last night, how he and his girlfriend spent the night (he doesn't get too graphic, for this mercy much thanks) and how much trouble he's having with his "baby's momma" and he might let a cuss word slip here and there.  I never preach to him but he knows I'm a christian, I don't do any of that stuff... and I think he has noticed I have a better life than he does.  I don't mention it (especially not that way!) but I think he has noticed it.

So last Sunday night he came to church.  And weeee, we had a great service!  He said he might come again tonight.  :clap:

That is awesome!!!!👍   I had a guy tell me at work that the bible can't be true because it was passed on from God through man...man being the weak link couldn't have gotten it right! Then he said it couldn't be right because it tries to define God; and God can't be defined! We are the ones in the box not God!!!   

I suppose I'm thankful he acknowledges that God exists and is infinite! 😐 
Proverbs 4:23 Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life.

Assuredbyfaith

Quote from: taco_harvell on February 08, 2015, 11:25:22 PM
Second week in a row no church. :( Trying to keep my head up and encouraged, but Jason and no church makes for a VERY unhappy camper. IAnother example of how GOD works. as a kid I hated church now I can't make it without it.

I go back to the doctor Tuesday. Hopefully, I show some improvement. I found out I get to go to the mini men's retreat at ladies retreat next month. The church is covering Elona and I get to go with her. The sound guy and the PPH guys are friends of mine we get to see each other this way. Plus I get out of these 4 walls.

Anyone know a live feed church service other than POA or POK?

Have you tried Holy Ghost Radio? Online?

taco_harvell

Quote from: Assuredbyfaith on February 11, 2015, 06:10:40 AM
Quote from: taco_harvell on February 08, 2015, 11:25:22 PM
Second week in a row no church. :( Trying to keep my head up and encouraged, but Jason and no church makes for a VERY unhappy camper. IAnother example of how GOD works. as a kid I hated church now I can't make it without it.

I go back to the doctor Tuesday. Hopefully, I show some improvement. I found out I get to go to the mini men's retreat at ladies retreat next month. The church is covering Elona and I get to go with her. The sound guy and the PPH guys are friends of mine we get to see each other this way. Plus I get out of these 4 walls.

Anyone know a live feed church service other than POA or POK?

Have you tried Holy Ghost Radio? Online?
Yeah, I listen to it during the week. I also have a huge collection on my PC of audio. Just looking for more variety.
In love with RainbowJingles

http://lessonsintrust.blogspot.com/

The Purple Fuzzy

Lynx

Quote from: taco_harvell on February 11, 2015, 07:08:13 AM
Yeah, I listen to it during the week. I also have a huge collection on my PC of audio. Just looking for more variety.
Did someone say variety? :D :D You could...

Oh wait... you already have my collection. Wow, how much more variety can a person stand?  :P

Well here's something different.  This is going to be in my collection as soon as the guy finishes the album and sets up a paypal link.
https://soundcloud.com/bunknown27/
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Assuredbyfaith

So, I just threw out(donated) three trash bags full of books. Why, you say? Because when I want peace I immerse myself in the word of God, or I seek his presence; when I want to hide; I find a book! Unfortunately, with all I have been going through lately...I've been hiding more than I've been seeking! I don't want a fictional world to take up more time then I give to God! 

Now...I just have to keep myself away from book stores!!!

Assuredbyfaith

This is part of my  "Chains That bind Us"! What things are keeping you distracted from God?

taco_harvell

Quote from: Lynx on February 11, 2015, 02:53:40 PM
Quote from: taco_harvell on February 11, 2015, 07:08:13 AM
Did someone say variety? :D :D You could...

Oh wait... you already have my collection. Wow, how much more variety can a person stand?  :P

Well here's something different.  This is going to be in my collection as soon as the guy finishes the album and sets up a paypal link.
https://soundcloud.com/bunknown27/
You don't need to share that!

Lynx

"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

MelodyB

Question for Isaac...

"I came to the crossroads of my life one day,
A road I had travelled for such a long way..."

Finish it please. I can hear my grandpas voice singing it but I can't finish it, and Google doesn't have a clue. :smirk2:
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Heather

Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on February 10, 2015, 05:21:58 PM
When my knee was acting up so bad that I went to the doctor with it, ibuprofen didn't help much.  He gave me a script for a stronger than OTC naproxen sodium (like Aleve).  It helped.

I've tried aleve before. Does absolutely nothing for me.

Today was my feet. I woke up probably half a dozen times last night with terrible foot cramps. Got up this morning and my gout was trying to flare up in my right foot. Got to work and overheard my new supervisor on the phone finalizing his plan to move his former drivers from carquest to AZ but didn't know what he would do with us.  :roll: I guess it's time to try to find a new job.

In better news Brandon bought his suit for the wedding yesterday and my roommate will be gone [hopefully] all weekend.
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

Assuredbyfaith

TGIF  Unfortunately it's the beginning of my night; not the end of the night! I hope I make it through... Three day weekend coming up!!!! :updown:

taco_harvell

Assuredbyfaith

Thoughts and prayers!!!

Assuredbyfaith

I just might make it through this night!!! 😏

Assuredbyfaith

Quote from: taco_harvell on February 12, 2015, 08:50:20 AM

I'm here!

Job 42:2
I know that thou canst do every thing, and that no thought can be withholden from thee.

Ephesians 1:11       
In whom also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestinated according to the purpose of him who worketh all things after the counsel of his own will:

Romans 8:18
For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.

Jeremiah 29:11-13 (KJV)
11 For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the Lord, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end.

12 Then shall ye call upon me, and ye shall go and pray unto me, and I will hearken unto you.

13 And ye shall seek me, and find me, when ye shall search for me with all your heart.

Thoughts and prayers!!!

Assuredbyfaith

So...I'm a photographer; I mostly do scenic, still life, advertising, etc...I recently started to get into portrait photography! Mostly family photos, wedding, and church events!  I haven't charged for my work as of yet...it's sort of been just for fun! Several people have encouraged me to start a business...

Here is some of the advice I received last night...  :o I should open up a business with another person who does photography; because they would do the photos I would refuse to take; meaning "boudoir" photography!!  :o  :o :o

I asked this person what it would promote; if I as an Apostolic Pentecostal associated with something I disagreed with; and would never do myself?  Their reply was: "Sometimes you have to compromise to get a business started"!  :frustrated:

Sorry...I don't compromise! Not when it comes to faith, modesty, honor, etc!!!

Assuredbyfaith

Lynx

In the words of the great Confuse-Us: Many people give advice.  Usually they have no idea what they are talking about.

People have told me I should start a bakery (because I bake sourdough bread) or I should start a computer shop (because I make their computers behave and stop acting up.) But all these are people who spent their lives WORKING FOR SOMEONE ELSE. I have never had one single person who owns his own business tell me I should start a business doing this or that.

In other words, the only people who tell me "you should start a business doing this" are the ones who have no idea what they are talking about.
"Do you sing at church?"

The Purple Fuzzy

That's nuts.  That kind of photography is specialized anyway.  I don't think MOST photographers even do that. My daughter does photography, too.  I KNOW she wouldn't do that.

Right, Chel?

Assuredbyfaith

Quote from: Lynx on February 12, 2015, 02:25:03 PM
In the words of the great Confuse-Us: Many people give advice.  Usually they have no idea what they are talking about.

In other words, the only people who tell me "you should start a business doing this" are the ones who have no idea what they are talking about.

ROFL  Too true!!!

Assuredbyfaith

Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on February 12, 2015, 02:41:44 PM
That's nuts.  That kind of photography is specialized anyway.  I don't think MOST photographers even do that. My daughter does photography, too.  I KNOW she wouldn't do that.

Right, Chel?

Last week this person was telling me I should ask my pastor if he would allow me to rent the evangelist quarters for a part time studio...so I could expand!  On, and on ... So this was so completely out there! I'm sure my facial expression was hilarious!!!  :o  Especially since this person knows what I believe...and that I hold to modesty, and holiness standards!!  :-\

Assuredbyfaith

Roscoe

:hi: I'm so evil. :hypocrite:
Since she won't read this, I'll share here.
Lou's been wanting an iPad for some song app- nothing but iPad would do. Her friend got one......so, after viewing the price, I explained we couldn't afford it, yada,yada...got her good and stirred up. And disappointed.
What she didn't know- I have stashed back a little cash for that and had planned on ordering one for Valentine's Day as soon as I could get confirmation on which model I needed. After talking to our own Lady Wooby's brother, David, I placed the order....
She's gonna be sorry for being mean to me over this....heh,heh. :lol:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison