News:

:teeth: To crack the Top 10 posters, you must have over 11,000 posts. :teeth:

Main Menu

GP, Bring old posters back to heaven, drag 'em back to Sharing 497

Started by Roscoe, December 14, 2014, 01:34:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Purple Fuzzy

For those not on FB, I think this would be Roscoe except he'd actually be "singing" When God Unfolds the Rose. ;)
http://www.goodnewsnetwork.org/caught-dashcam-cops-hilarious-lip-sync-shake-off/

Chseeads

Dad's had radiation and is in chemo now.  Been here since noon, will be around 5 by time he's done cause he needs potassium afterward too.  Help us Lord, let everything go alright and heal him.

taco_harvell

In love with RainbowJingles

http://lessonsintrust.blogspot.com/

Heather

I don't think she's posted it in here but those that know/remember Roxanne be in prayer for her and her family. Her dad passed away Saturday and she can't travel to the viewing due to being so far along in her pregnancy. She is being induced if the boy doesn't make an appearance before Sunday.

In other news classes start tomorrow.
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

Roscoe

Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Lynx

Jen: I ask "Do you think this song would be appropriate for church?" about every other week.  But this particular song I like but I can't even convince myself it would go over well in church.

Quote from: taco_harvell on January 19, 2015, 11:56:56 PM
Rroscoe also told a preacher off today. I saw it! lol
What did he tell you off about?  :teeth:
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

The Purple Fuzzy

Roscoe

Quote from: Lynx on January 20, 2015, 02:17:15 PM
Jen: I ask "Do you think this song would be appropriate for church?" about every other week.  But this particular song I like but I can't even convince myself it would go over well in church.

Taco is stretching the truth. I simply made a personal statement that was counter to that particular minister's views, apparently. :hypocrite:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Heather

well it was nice knowing you guys. lol. just the first day and i'm completely bogged with reading assignments and homework. welcome to college.....

taco_harvell

Quote from: Lynx on January 20, 2015, 02:17:15 PM

Hes like a true brother. A minister was cracking jokes about a prayer request I posted. Roscoe just let him have it.

nwlife

Quote from: HeatherB on January 21, 2015, 12:42:24 AM
well it was nice knowing you guys. lol. just the first day and i'm completely bogged with reading assignments and homework. welcome to college.....

I do understand that situation.  Working on my master's degree now.  3 semesters in, 5 years to go! (I only go half-time right now!) :hi:
Only through faith in the Grace of God through Jesus Christ am I saved. No other means and no other actions changes the predestination of my soul.

UPDATE:  I finally did find my wife.  Just waiting now to bring her to the USA!

nwlife

To those who do remember me from when I was active here back in the late 2000's, just wanted to update...

Been in seminary for 1 1/2 years.  5 years to go.  Only Go 1/2 time on the masters degree.
Pastoring the same little church for 2 years.
Found my wife at last.  We met in person this past July, just now waiting to bring her to the USA, or I will go to her in the Philippines. Jacky Lapiceros-Parker is her name.
Only through faith in the Grace of God through Jesus Christ am I saved. No other means and no other actions changes the predestination of my soul.

UPDATE:  I finally did find my wife.  Just waiting now to bring her to the USA!

The Purple Fuzzy

taco_harvell

I thought a nerve block would give some ease not cause more pain. Prayers for the area around my right eye and especially my right ear.

Geri

I can't believe how long it's been since I've posted here! Glad to see some familar faces still, though I dunno if anyone remembers me. lol
:hi: Hi y'all!

Lynx

Oh we remember you alright...

*Lynx grabs a baseball bat.

I mean um... yeah, we remember you.  Welcome back Geri! :D :D
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

MelodyB

Well all those apps I put in last week finally turned into something. I got a call yesterday about an interview, went to the interview, and was hired immediately. I start today. (Thursday)

I'm gonna be a cashier though...something I've never done.

I'm sorta up now, 330am, sleepless, worried, and terrified.

Gotta be at my new job at 8.

Prayers would be nice if y'all remember me.
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Lynx

Cashier! :D :D

Cashier was the single most FUN job I ever had.  You meet so many people, and most of them are cool.  A few rubes, but they are less than 0.7% of the total, and you get a feel for who you can chat with and who you should just take their money and move them on down the line. 

Wanna trade jobs?  I'd love to be a cashier again.
"Do you sing at church?"

Lynx

So because of obamacare we are restricted to no more than 30 work hours in a given week. This is a problem for more than my personal financial reasons - they need me to fill in on maintenance tomorrow and I don't have the hours to spare. I will be going in tomorrow, doing what I can in a little bit more than half the usual time and leaving some stuff undone after I run out of time.

This strongly disagrees with me. I hate leaving a job half done.
"Do you sing at church?"

Assuredbyfaith

Quote from: Chseeads on January 19, 2015, 07:21:13 PM
Dad's had radiation and is in chemo now.  Been here since noon, will be around 5 by time he's done cause he needs potassium afterward too.  Help us Lord, let everything go alright and heal him.

Hope all is well!!!! Thoughts and prayers!!!
Proverbs 4:23 Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life.

Assuredbyfaith

Quote from: MelodyB on January 22, 2015, 09:33:50 AM
Well all those apps I put in last week finally turned into something. I got a call yesterday about an interview, went to the interview, and was hired immediately. I start today. (Thursday)

I'm gonna be a cashier though...something I've never done.

I'm sorta up now, 330am, sleepless, worried, and terrified.

Gotta be at my new job at 8.

Prayers would be nice if y'all remember me.

Thoughts and prayers...You will do good!!! God blessed you with a job...he will give you the knowledge, skill, strength to do it well! In Jesus name! Of course...sleep would be a blessing as well!

Proverbs 4:23 Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life.

The Purple Fuzzy

Is that because your company doesn't want to offer insurance?

taco_harvell

Quote from: Lynx on January 22, 2015, 11:54:58 AM
So because of obamacare we are restricted to no more than 30 work hours in a given week. This is a problem for more than my personal financial reasons - they need me to fill in on maintenance tomorrow and I don't have the hours to spare. I will be going in tomorrow, doing what I can in a little bit more than half the usual time and leaving some stuff undone after I run out of time.

This strongly disagrees with me. I hate leaving a job half done.
That truly stinks!

Praying Mel!

I have an unspoken request that needs prayer and for the LORD to show us how to make money stretch this coming month!

Heather

congrats nwlife!!! I'm in my third semester of undergrad. I was fortunate enough to find a university that would take me with my poor prior GPA. Essentially I had to start all over which was a blessing since I had forgotten everything from 10 years ago. Glad to see you pop in!!

Eating lunch before diving back into reading for class. Trying to cram as much homework as possible in since Brandon and I are going away for the weekend. It'll be our 3rd year celebrating our birthdays this way.

Congrats on your new job Mel!!! I loved being a cashier and still enjoy when I get to hop on the register at AZ to help people out.

Lynx

Fuzzy:  Yeah, that's the reason.  The powers that be don't want to have to offer insurance.  But it really stinks when I have to leave a job half done because I don't have the hours to spare.

Fortunately I went home early today, so I'll have a good five and a half hours tomorrow.  I will have time to get all the important stuff. And maybe some of the unimportant stuff too.  We'll triage tasks tomorrow and I'll do what I can with what I have.
"Do you sing at church?"