News:

You can reach your profile and change its settings here.

Main Menu

GP, Bring old posters back to heaven, drag 'em back to Sharing 497

Started by Roscoe, December 14, 2014, 01:34:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roscoe

:hi:
Went and took my test. Made a 94%. Was overly proud of it until another dude who took the test at the same time scored a 98%. Stupid showoff, stealing my thunder. :pound: Nonetheless, I was overjoyed to have completed that. It'd been a personal goal for over twenty years, believe it or not. I then came home and took advantage of the 55+ degree temperatures and began cleaning out the carport, which has been in much need for several months..:clap:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

taco_harvell

Never hang around to many immature know-it-alls who have always had it worse than you in their own minds. They'll take a prayer request made in desperation and turn it into a joke and mock it.
In love with RainbowJingles

http://lessonsintrust.blogspot.com/

Assuredbyfaith

Proverbs 4:23 Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life.

taco_harvell

Lynx

A spam taco?  >.<

Taco, some refer to it as "playing the victim card."  If I can believe I have a worse life than yours, I don't have to care about the problems you're going through. (Though personally I think I have a pretty good life... so what was your prayer request?)

What gets really silly - and depressing - is when two people try to play the victim card against each other and they get into a contest of who can make his life out to be the worst.  :roll:
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

taco_harvell

I spent a total of 8 hours in cluster headaches yesterday. All I posted was please please pray for me. Three different ministers who know my story start making jokes. "Take an aspirin." and so forth.

The Purple Fuzzy

Quote from: Assuredbyfaith on January 17, 2015, 09:45:19 AM
Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on January 16, 2015, 02:16:38 PM
Do you work nights? Yuck, if so.

Yes, and Yes "yuck" !!! 😊😩
Chel, my daughter, is a nurse & used to work nights & my dad worked nights when I was young. I hate it.

Assuredbyfaith

Quote from: taco_harvell on January 17, 2015, 02:40:38 PM
I spent a total of 8 hours in cluster headaches yesterday. All I posted was please please pray for me. Three different ministers who know my story start making jokes. "Take an aspirin." and so forth.

Sometimes it's not so much that they think their life, trials, and struggles are worst then ours; it's more so that no one but God can ever truly know what each of us face; because, even though we may be facing the same trials, and struggles...we don't face them with the same experience, knowledge, mindset, faith, past, desires, fears, feelings, thoughts, etc! 

Only God will ever know exactly what you are going through; because only God knows what you feel, think, hope for, regret, desire, fear...what you have been through; what you face each day!

Sometimes it seemingly feels as though no one really understands...& if we really think about it...no one does! It doesn't matter if we have things in common; love each other, respect each other; no one will ever be able to walk the path you walk or stand in your place!

No path is the same; regardless of whether you are heading in the same direction or not!!! Despite similarities; no one starts out exactly where you start; sees what you see, thinks what you think, feels what you feel, carries what you carry....faces what you face!

Others will always see things slightly different because they didn't travel the exact path; and it's not possible to be someone else!

So if it feels as though no one cares...it's simply that they don't know....

Look to the one that does know!!!!

*Standing on the rock*
Proverbs 4:23 Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life.

Assuredbyfaith

Quote from: taco_harvell on January 17, 2015, 02:40:38 PM
2014 took me down paths that I never thought I would travel...starting with two trips to the ER in July!

You can't imagine all the advice, and trite sayings people have "blessed" me with!!  Though my family was there for me( and I couldn't have made it with out them)! Though my friends, and church family have kept me in prayers; they will truly never understand just how hard the journey has been... how many tears, pain, hopelessness, and dark moments there have been!! I thank God for the answers to prayer; the healing, the comfort, the courage...and even though I still don't have all the answers, the journey is still hard; and each step is a struggle; I'm standing on the ROCK!! Though I may not be able to see the path ahead...I know as long as I stand on the ROCK; as hard as it is to take the next step...my feet are planted on solid ground!! I'm clinging to the ROCK of my Salvation!!!

Thoughts and prayers!!!

Heather

roads in tennessee...psh...i travel I26 almost daily. nothing like the dull *thump thump* noise to keep you awake......worst. road. ever.

back on campus. my roommate will be back tomorrow officially. classes start tuesday.

i left work thursday at 1 and by the time i got back friday morning at 745 everything and everyone had changed. it was a mess.
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

The Purple Fuzzy

Chseeads

:smirk2:

Dad starts low dose chemo and radiation treatments Monday...pray all that goes well without problem and the tumor just dries up and goes away, in Jesus name.

taco_harvell

Great Prison Service  at least 8 in the altar. God was my strength, I literally collapsed in pain when I got home. I'm scheduled to teach and preach Spanish service, I need prayer for strength.

Assuredbyfaith

Quote from: taco_harvell on January 18, 2015, 04:16:39 AM
Great Prison Service  at least 8 in the altar. God was my strength, I literally collapsed in pain when I got home. I'm scheduled to teach and preach Spanish service, I need prayer for strength.

Prayers!!!!  IJN!!!

Assuredbyfaith

Quote from: Chseeads on January 18, 2015, 03:33:49 AM
:smirk2:

Dad starts low dose chemo and radiation treatments Monday...pray all that goes well without problem and the tumor just dries up and goes away, in Jesus name.

Thoughts and prayers!!!!!  IJN!!!

Roscoe

Praying for ya all.
:hi: Back at work. Ready to call it a week- and it's my Monday. That may be a bad sign..
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

mini

I am suffering from lack of Dr Pepper.  Its not that I don't have any, or cant have any. I just didn't pour a cup of it before I left the house. And considering the house is 45 seconds from my office, I think the blame falls on me.

With that said, its probably Roscoe's fault.

:ugly:
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

The Purple Fuzzy

Roscoe

Quote from: mini on January 18, 2015, 01:46:08 PM
I am suffering from lack of Dr Pepper.  Its not that I don't have any, or cant have any. I just didn't pour a cup of it before I left the house. And considering the house is 45 seconds from my office, I think the blame falls on me.

With that said, its probably Roscoe's fault.

:ugly:
if we lived closer to one another, it WOULD be my fault. I'd break in and steal it just to deprive you.  :P

Roscoe

What?!? No posts?!?! Post, thou varlets!  I have commanded it. :pound:
What a morning. #1 I have to work, even though it's a holiday. :pound: I get up a tad late, but figure no worries, traffic will be light. I get to my first stop, 12 miles away to get my morning dr Pepper, and can't shake the nagging feeling something is wrong...thank God for alerting me. I look down as I'm getting in the truck and see a nail hanging out the sidewall of my front tire. That would've made a nasty blowout and possibly a wreck.  :o
I limp it back home, dig Rusty out of the shop, get almost to town in him and realize I'm nearly out of gas. I finally got him gassed up and drove him 75 mph all the way in- a speed he is not accustomed to. He did great, and I made it in with  2 minutes to spare. Sadly, though, rusty is still wearing dirt from his weekend of dirt roads, instead of being clean and semi-shiny like I try to have him when we come to the Capitol together..

Lynx

Clean and semi-shiny is not a natural look for a truck like that.  It just looks right with a little dirt on it. 

Kinda like those guys who dress up like cowboys but you can tell they aren't because their clothes are too new - real cowboys would have clothes that are a bit worn from working.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

Lynx

In other news, have you ever had a song you loved, that you wished you could sing at church, but you can't even convince yourself it's appropriate for church?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ArymIt7dIbg

There are even chords for it online.  Ah well, there are other songs.
"Do you sing at church?"

Lynx

In other, other news, this is another (ahem) bullseye for Linux.

http://www.zdnet.com/article/the-trackingpoint-338tp-the-linux-rifle-thats-accurate-up-to-a-mile/#ftag=YHFb1d24ec

Yup, the world's most accurate sniper rifle to date is powered by Linux.
"Do you sing at church?"

The Purple Fuzzy

Morning.  Looks like it going to be another beautiful day here.  Supposed to get up to 70*.  Too bad I'm stuck inside working.

MsJennJenn

Quote from: Lynx on January 19, 2015, 02:07:25 PM
In other news, have you ever had a song you loved, that you wished you could sing at church, but you can't even convince yourself it's appropriate for church?

You ask this question every week.
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine: