News:

:teeth: To crack the Top 10 posters, you must have over 11,000 posts. :teeth:

Main Menu

GP, Bring old posters back to heaven, drag 'em back to Sharing 497

Started by Roscoe, December 14, 2014, 01:34:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roscoe

Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on February 04, 2015, 02:23:22 PM
OK, where is everybody?  Roscoe's been skipping out on us lately.
Roscoe's been busy. I just got back from the Governor's Mansion, hobnobbing with Senators and meeting the state's First Lady. (They had a lunch and I was picked to drive the Senators.) I absolutely loved the grandfather clock in the parlor- made in 1770. If 1) The Mansion is the people's house and 2) I AM the people, couldn't I take that clock to my house and it just be "rearranging the furniture"? :hypocrite:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

MsJennJenn

"When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Assuredbyfaith

Quote from: Roscoe on February 04, 2015, 07:12:05 PM
Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on February 04, 2015, 02:23:22 PM
OK, where is everybody?  Roscoe's been skipping out on us lately.
Roscoe's been busy. I just got back from the Governor's Mansion, hobnobbing with Senators and meeting the state's First Lady. (They had a lunch and I was picked to drive the Senators.) I absolutely loved the grandfather clock in the parlor- made in 1770. If 1) The Mansion is the people's house and 2) I AM the people, couldn't I take that clock to my house and it just be "rearranging the furniture"? :hypocrite:

Why not...certain presidents have made off with quite a few White House articles and historical art!!!
Proverbs 4:23 Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life.

Assuredbyfaith

Quote from: MsJennJenn on February 04, 2015, 04:50:04 PM
Quote from: MelodyB on February 04, 2015, 03:56:59 PM
Quote from: MsJennJenn on February 03, 2015, 05:04:28 PM
The valentine fairy cakes are out. Ugh. They're so good. lol

A lady came thru my line Sunday with a box. That's all she had to buy, and she paid with exact change...that's all the money she even brought it looked like...she was SERIOUS about those fairy cakes...

I thought of you and Seth. ;)

haha awesome. I've bought two boxes this week, and ummm they're all gone. :hypocrite:

I guess we don't get fairy cakes around here...unless you are talking about little Debbie brand of something?
Proverbs 4:23 Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life.

Lynx

I also am wondering what these fairy cakes are.  Anything like the king cakes they have around Mardi Gras?
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

The Purple Fuzzy

Some girls around here were talking about Blue Bell making King Cake ice cream.  I never got into the King Cake stuff.

MsJennJenn

Yes they're little Debbie fancy cakes. lol I've just always called them fairy cakes. Lol

"When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Heather

Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

Lynx

Oh, snack cakes.  Those just taste like sugar and vegetable shortening to me.  I thought you meant a special kind of cake they make in your area during this time of year.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

MsJennJenn

Yes snack cakes. Heaven forbid we like a packaged cake Isaac :roll:
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Lynx

"Do you sing at church?"

SippinTea

Now see... everybody has their weakness. Those don't look good to me at all, but the oatmeal creme pies.... *droooool* And this from someone who typically hates junk food. ;)

:beret:
"Not everything that is of God is easy." -Elona

"When you're wildly in love with someone, it changes everything." -F. Chan

"A real live hug anytime you want it is priceless." -Rachel

Heather

Those are good too Ruby! My parents always have them and they know when I'm there I'm going to eat at least one.  :cool:

taco_harvell

Quote from: SippinTea on February 05, 2015, 11:53:40 PM
Now see... everybody has their weakness. Those don't look good to me at all, but the oatmeal creme pies.... *droooool* And this from someone who typically hates junk food. ;)

:beret:
They now have Double Decker Oatmeal Pies in the individual packs. Surely this was done by Holy Inspiration!
In love with RainbowJingles

http://lessonsintrust.blogspot.com/

Lynx

That's one thing I would buy back when I worked at a certain factory.  They had a vending machine in the break room that had double oatmeal creme pies.  I'd buy either that or a pack of fritos.

That was a good seven years ago.  I don't think they sell them around here any more.  Or at least I can't find them.  All I can find is the singles.
"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

Well. I am feeling quite accomplished. My old computer that died horrifically sometime back has been laying around the house. When I bought my "new" computer, it came with a Windows 7 disc. I figured I had nothing to lose, since I'd saved all the pics and stuff I could salvage from the "SAFE" settings, so I decided to wipe it clean, format the hard drive, and install the Windows 7 O.S.
Simple stuff for Isaac, no doubt, but close to the equivalent of me landing the space shuttle.
Took me an hour or so....but I am typing on my newly renewed "old" computer. Feeling very pleased, and confident indeed. :hypocrite:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Lynx

The first time is the hardest because you know the theory, but you aren't quite sure it will work in practice.  Fortunately Win7 installs fairly seamlessly. 

I remember back when I had never so much as taken the lid off a computer before.  Chel came by and we had determined that a desktop computer needed a new DVD drive, so she just popped the top off and started unscrewing things.  Made me a bit nervous...
"Do you sing at church?"

taco_harvell

The game is a foot this morning...

It's almost like GOD has me in a mystery novel. HE hasn't given me the next clue yet though.

Roscoe

Quote from: taco_harvell on February 06, 2015, 04:14:26 PM

It's almost like GOD has me in a mystery novel. HE hasn't given me the next clue yet though.
Well, clueless is not a state that you are unfamiliar with.  :P

And in sharing, I got my butt up and took my wife out for breakfast. Then I came to the library where I am soaking up their free internet to install virus protection and ham radio programs on Lazarus, the Resurrected Computer. Oh, and the .gov's "Where's my Refund?" tool says that my refund is approved and I should see it by the 10th.  :clap:  Life is grand.

The Purple Fuzzy

This whole post leaves me clueless... Not sure what he's talking about.

Heather

Tis the weekend. Alas I work tomorrow....

Was told I was working over today. I would have graciously done it had I been asked, but no. I was told. So therefore I was a cranky pants. After work I went with Brandon and his dad. His dad bought a car. Thank you Jesus!!! Brandon took me out to dinner and we had a heart to heart. We are going to start looking for him an apartment in the next 1-2 months closer to our hometown. He's nervous to leave his dad over an hour away with or without a car. This helps too since my parents can co-sign for our electric and that saves us a huge deposit. Also where we are looking will in theory let us keep a dog. Homing 2 dogs is difficult. Home only 1 will be easier because his mom will take it  :cool:

Off to do some homework before bed!

taco_harvell

Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on February 06, 2015, 06:00:21 PM

This whole post leaves me clueless... Not sure what he's talking about.
I was contacted by 2 ministers today one knew history on me, and was informing me he "co-pastorrs" in Florence AL and they're praying about having us later this year.

Right after that another guy who contacted me a few weeks back asking me to pray about "what GOD wants me to do in Tulsa" contacted me wanting to know "do you feel prompted yet". Strange thing is he is licensed with the UPC but doesn't pastor and none of the 5 licensed ministers I know in Oklahoma know him.

The mystery thickens.

Lynx

Hmm... I'd say pray hard about that.  It could be a wonderful thing, it could be a bad thing.  The only thing it is probably not is a mediocre thing.
"Do you sing at church?"

The Purple Fuzzy