News:

Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

Lynx hits some licks in his music mix, just to get his kicks, in SHARING 496

Started by Lynx, October 03, 2014, 11:47:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roscoe

Quote from: MsJennJenn on October 09, 2014, 05:21:33 PM
Quote from: Roscoe on October 09, 2014, 05:05:47 PM
Quote from: MsJennJenn on October 09, 2014, 02:50:15 PM
Quote from: Roscoe on October 09, 2014, 02:47:44 PM
Yes, congratulations. I have to admit being envious. I still haven't  followed  through with going  back to school. Life keeps getting  in the  way..

With the days you have off - you could do one class at a time. You can do it!!! Life will always be an excuse - and not a good one. :)
Yeah, I know. I need to stop procrastinating and go do it, but truthfully I don't know that I can justify the expense for what basically would be a vanity. I'm too far into my police career to change now, and the jobs that I would want mostly don't require a degree. It's more of a pride desire for me, as no one in my family has a degree.

Meh. Vanity shmanity. There are people far older then you (and that's saying something haha),......
:pound: :pound:
You are right. I'm just kinda caught up in trying to get us somewhat debtfree and I'm looking pretty hard at a Bible college sort of thing called Purpose Institute right now. Not college credits or accredited, but some very good classes and is sanctioned by the UPC...Done at home with just a weekend a month. Depending on how things go on the job front after January, I may do something then.
And in sharing- got half of the Lincoln's front end job done. Will do the other half tomorrow evening....
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

MsJennJenn

Yea I know what Purpose Institute is. :)

Also you know Texas Bible College is about to start (or has already) offering online classes. My Pastor is the new president, so I'm in the know. Ha

And debt well. I think if any debt is "ok" it's schooling debt. IMO.
I'm about to be super in debt. Savannah College of Art & Design ain't cheap. Lawd. 
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

The Purple Fuzzy

Roscoe

It's coming a flood here. I managed to get a bit done today- got grocery shopping mostly done, went by the library, and  took the Lincoln over to finish the front end job. Lou and Chey are at the school, getting things ready for fall fest and I am vegging...life is good, if occasionally irritating. :P
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

The Purple Fuzzy

Chseeads

Roscoe

Argh!! Gotta bake something for tonight's fall festival. Not what I wanted to do, but Lou is at work, so I'm stuck with it. Figured a couple of buttermilk pies and a koolaid pie would work. I grabbed the wrong stinkin' bag of flour when I was making the buttermilk pies and they didn't rise. Now I've gotta go all the way to town for more buttermilk. Stinking things. This is so not my day. :pound: :pound:

Chseeads

MsJennJenn

Omelette of egg, onion, spinach, bell pepper, pepper jack cheese and a dash of nutmeg. Breakfast potatoes with onion, bell pepper and red pepper, fried on coconut oil. And I have bacon!!! Bacon was on sale. Ok my omelette is more like egg slop. Just cannot master the Art of omelette making. Saturdays are simply the best!  :fork: :freaky2:
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

The Purple Fuzzy

Chseeads

sunlight

:attackhug: Be full of hugs!

The Purple Fuzzy

Roscoe

Chseeads

The Purple Fuzzy

Roscoe

They are saying we are in for some pretty bad storms tonight and tomorrow. We will see. Today's been gloomy with the ocassional drizzle. I'm fixing to go to church, where, thank God, I am NOT the scheduled speaker. :smirk2:

The Purple Fuzzy

We had some friends staying at Petit Jean last night. (I saw on FB) They're heading to Branson, I think for a belated honeymoon.

Roscoe

Wish Lou and I could sneak off to Branson. But sadly, work and money says no. :sadbounce: And in sharing I hit a skunk on the way home. It would've been tragic- having to smell that scent for days- had I not been driving Lou's car. Now, from my perspective, it is merely unfortunant. :hypocrite:  She, however, is not happy. But I had no where to go. It's not like I chased it -much. :lol:

sunlight

Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on October 12, 2014, 02:08:24 AM
Happy birthday, Chel! :)

Thank you!

Quote from: Roscoe on October 13, 2014, 01:54:53 AM
Wish Lou and I could sneak off to Branson. But sadly, work and money says no. :sadbounce: And in sharing I hit a skunk on the way home. It would've been tragic- having to smell that scent for days- had I not been driving Lou's car. Now, from my perspective, it is merely unfortunant. :hypocrite:  She, however, is not happy. But I had no where to go. It's not like I chased it -much. :lol:

Robbie said " leave it to Moses..."

Roscoe

Quote from: sunlight on October 13, 2014, 04:12:13 AM
Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on October 12, 2014, 02:08:24 AM
Happy birthday, Chel! :)

Thank you!

Quote from: Roscoe on October 13, 2014, 01:54:53 AM

Robbie said " leave it to Moses..."
:P

Oh, and happy birthday late, Chel.

Newsman

sunlight

The Purple Fuzzy

Roscoe

We've  had winds up to  65 miles an hour near the house. It'll be  this evening  before I can see if I've any damage. I'll be fretting  all day