News:

Monday is an awful way to spend 1/7th of your life. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

Lynx hits some licks in his music mix, just to get his kicks, in SHARING 496

Started by Lynx, October 03, 2014, 11:47:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Heather

That's how I got after 2 weeks of rain here Jenn. The sun finally came back out last sunday.

I don't know how I got home today. Went into work with slight headache and it turned full blown migraine in no time. Slept in my entire work uniform [with shoes] for about 4 hours. Did a lot of praying too. Feel pretty good except now I'm super hungry. I have promised the pastors daughter for 2 years now that I would go to her choir group dinner and tonight is when my ticket is for. I wasn't letting the devil win this one.

I'm actually off work this weekend.
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

Roscoe

Made it through a dreary day....did my usual Friday routine, and bought a meat box at the butcher. The freezer is full now. Came home and since it was cold and dreary, I came in and made some more honey- bread.  Was kinda sick for a bit this afternoon, but took a nap and feel better now. Still didn't get Rusty out either.
Oh, and although she never comes on here anymore, congratulations to Wooby and hubby.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Chseeads

The Purple Fuzzy

Roscoe

:waving: Fixin' to head fer a foreign land....a land where they have been known to scalp and mutilate visitors. :sadbounce: And on top of that there's a pretty good chance that I shall see a mythical creature, aka Sasquatch.  :o. But on the bright side, they say that Sasquatch is a lover of antique trucks, and it's a guarantee that a buffet (probably Furr's) will never be the same.  :freaky2:
Yes. It IS time for our annual Bankrupt-The-Buffet event, put on in the vicinity of Fort Smith, Arkansas and Eastern Oklahoma, starring yours truly and Sasquatch, aka Mini, with supporting performances by ChelleBelle, Mrs. Roscoe and the urchins that hang around our respective houses. That is, if they don't get in our way... :fork:
I've got the elastic waistband pants and loose shirt on- we gonna set records this year. :freaky2:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Lynx

Reminds me of a bunch of guys who descended on our church night before last for the annual wild men's supper er, men's wild meat supper. We had about eighty men and boys there, but we still had food left over when it was all done.  Sent a few cool whip bowls full of definitely not cool whip home with people.

I'm eating some leftover rabbit gumbo and duck dressing for breakfast.  And I'm going to have a deer roast sandwich for lunch.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

The Purple Fuzzy

We had a friend bring us some deer summer sausage that he was experimenting with. It was awesome.

MelodyB

I've been at the church all day and my Aunt came in with a shrimp dinner from Bozos Fish Market and she shared with me.

I'm about to finally go home, but it was nice to be alone with Jesus for most of today.

And my address has changed twice this year. If anyone wants it, message or text me.
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

MsJennJenn

Quote from: Roscoe on December 13, 2014, 02:16:20 AM
bought a meat box at the butcher.

How does this work? What did you get?! Interesting. Where do you even find a butcher?

Quote from: MelodyB on December 13, 2014, 09:02:19 PM

And my address has changed twice this year. If anyone wants it, message or text me.

I did. :hypocrite:
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

mini

Poor roscoe.  He was kicked out of Arkansas for what he did to the buffet.
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Roscoe

Quote from: MsJennJenn on December 14, 2014, 12:02:03 AM

How does this work? What did you get?! Interesting. Where do you even find a butcher?
We have a local butcher shop that's been in business for the last 40 years or so. We buy ALL our meat there-  they grind the hamburger meat while I'm watching, and will literally cut any cut of meat you desire in front of you. Much better quality than that pre-packaged stuff. We even have our lunch meat, most of which is made locally, sliced fresh.
As far as the meat box- it's basically a collection that he offers that saves bulk buyers a bit of cash. For instance, we got 5 lbs ground beef, 5 lbs bacon, 5 lbs pork chops, a 3lb or so roast, 5 lbs country style ribs, 4 or 5 lbs split chicken breast, 2 lbs locally made petit jean bologna, 2 lbs chopped ham, and I think a packet of stew meat....maybe something else. Individually, probably $100-$120 worth, for $75. We buy one at least once or twice a year. Just tell 'em we want a $50 box, or a $75 box, or a $100 box, and they call you when it's ready to be picked up.
The only meat we buy elsewhere is poultry- usually frozen chicken breast from Walmart, and occasionally we will run into Russellville, around 20 miles away, to a wholesale chicken outlet and stock up there. We cook so much, it makes sense to buy meat in bulk and just load the freezer up. :thumbsup2:

And in sharing- as usual, an AMAZING time with our friends the Porters. Love this family SO much. If computers in general, and GP specifically, did anything useful for me, I'd rank the fact that it got me acquainted with some of the most Godly, faithful, and awesome people I could ever hope for as the number 1 thing it did for me. Me- the technophobe- is loving technology.  :o

Roscoe

Quote from: mini on December 14, 2014, 01:20:25 AM
Poor roscoe.  He was kicked out of Arkansas for what he did to the buffet.
:pound: I had help, Rev.Sasquatch.  :hypocrite:

Heather

I have a PO Box now but if anyone sends anything to my old address it's my parents so I'll get it as well.

After the dress code fiasco of 2014 my boss has cut my hours to 21.  :roll: I swear he's a woman.....
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

sunlight

Quote from: Roscoe on December 14, 2014, 01:28:42 AM
Quote from: MsJennJenn on December 14, 2014, 12:02:03 AM

We have a local butcher shop that's been in business for the last 40 years or so. We buy ALL our meat there-  they grind the hamburger meat while I'm watching, and will literally cut any cut of meat you desire in front of you. Much better quality than that pre-packaged stuff. We even have our lunch meat, most of which is made locally, sliced fresh.
As far as the meat box- it's basically a collection that he offers that saves bulk buyers a bit of cash. For instance, we got 5 lbs ground beef, 5 lbs bacon, 5 lbs pork chops, a 3lb or so roast, 5 lbs country style ribs, 4 or 5 lbs split chicken breast, 2 lbs locally made petit jean bologna, 2 lbs chopped ham, and I think a packet of stew meat....maybe something else. Individually, probably $100-$120 worth, for $75. We buy one at least once or twice a year. Just tell 'em we want a $50 box, or a $75 box, or a $100 box, and they call you when it's ready to be picked up.
The only meat we buy elsewhere is poultry- usually frozen chicken breast from Walmart, and occasionally we will run into Russellville, around 20 miles away, to a wholesale chicken outlet and stock up there. We cook so much, it makes sense to buy meat in bulk and just load the freezer up. :thumbsup2:

And in sharing- as usual, an AMAZING time with our friends the Porters. Love this family SO much. If computers in general, and GP specifically, did anything useful for me, I'd rank the fact that it got me acquainted with some of the most Godly, faithful, and awesome people I could ever hope for as the number 1 thing it did for me. Me- the technophobe- is loving technology.  :o

Next time we come can you order us a box? How much head start does he need?
  :attackhug: Be full of hugs!

taco_harvell

Urgent Prayer Request; My Aunt Linda just passed away. GOD is her judge but she wasn't in church. My dad has epileptic seizures and stress makes them worse. When I just talked to him all he could really say is "I hope she got right with GOD". Our family truly needs your prayers tonight..
In love with RainbowJingles

http://lessonsintrust.blogspot.com/

Roscoe

Praying, Taco my friend...

And Chel, they try to get the box done the same day it is ordered, but depending on how busy they are, it might take a day or so....Next time you come up, I'll get the content list of the boxes- sometimes he varies them- and will send them to you. Then if you want one, I'll order it and you can pick it up when ya get here. Easy-peasy.

Lynx

A meat box like that would last three... maybe four family breakfasts here.  Sounds like a good deal.  Too bad they don't ship to TN.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

Chseeads

MsJennJenn

Quote from: Lynx on December 14, 2014, 01:36:08 PM
A meat box like that would last three... maybe four family breakfasts here.  Sounds like a good deal.  Too bad they don't ship to TN.

Aren't you the only person in your house besides your grandmother? lol #toomucheating
This would last me like 6 months.....
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-

The Purple Fuzzy

It's so pretty outside today.  70* and sunny. You'd never know it was the middle of December.  Makes me want to be outside instead of at this desk.

MsJennJenn

Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on December 15, 2014, 08:22:45 PM
It's so pretty outside today.  70* and sunny. You'd never know it was the middle of December.  Makes me want to be outside instead of at this desk.

YES> I got out for lunch, and just sat in the sun for a bit. It was lovely. I soaked them rays up!
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Lynx

Quote from: MsJennJenn on December 15, 2014, 07:10:09 PM
Quote from: Lynx on December 14, 2014, 01:36:08 PM

Aren't you the only person in your house besides your grandmother? lol #toomucheating
This would last me like 6 months.....
Family Breakfast:  When all my aunts, uncles, cousins and one or two close friends of the family that are pretty much adopted family members get together at Grandma's or uncle Brent's house for a big ole family get-together.  With cheese and eggs, buttermilk biscuits, sausage, bacon, maybe some cheese grits, white gravy... And the fruit platter, which always looks out of place among all that grease and flour.
"Do you sing at church?"

Chseeads

Took mom to a doctor appointment. 

Dad had an eye doctor appointment for this morning but didn't feel like messing with it.  He looks and acts terrible.