News:

Is the forum a bit confusing for you? Are there some features you're not sure how to use? Check out this help topic!

Main Menu

Lynx hits some licks in his music mix, just to get his kicks, in SHARING 496

Started by Lynx, October 03, 2014, 11:47:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Newsman

I'll Give y'all ne to laugh at me about.

When teaching or preaching, I'm normally slow to even recognize possible distractions/interruptions, much less get really aggravated over one.

Several weeks back, I'm teaching the adult class. About the time I get started, I get a loud, really audible yawn from, the center aisle, front row. All right, that happens once in a while.

About halfway a lesson/message I have put a Lot of thought and care into,. I get another loud yawn from the same spot. Then, just as I'm about to finish, same spot, another loud yawn at a majorly quiet point. By now I'm genuinely aggravated, but manage to get through without telling anyone to put a sock in it.  :)

The Purple Fuzzy

I don't understand why people don't have enough sense to drive with their lights on in dense fog. One of the vehicles with no lights was a fire department pick up truck.

MsJennJenn

Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on December 09, 2014, 02:22:20 PM
I don't understand why people don't have enough sense to drive with their lights on in dense fog. One of the vehicles with no lights was a fire department pick up truck.

Same here. People driving in silver cars that match the fog and they don't have their lights on. It was SOOOO dense this morning too. Scary. People are dumb.
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

mini

Quote from: Newsman on December 09, 2014, 12:17:54 PM

When teaching or preaching, I'm normally slow to even recognize possible distractions/interruptions, much less get really aggravated over one.

Several weeks back, I'm teaching the adult class. About the time I get started, I get a loud, really audible yawn from, the center aisle, front row. All right, that happens once in a while.

About halfway a lesson/message I have put a Lot of thought and care into,. I get another loud yawn from the same spot. Then, just as I'm about to finish, same spot, another loud yawn at a majorly quiet point. By now I'm genuinely aggravated, but manage to get through without telling anyone to put a sock in it.  :)

Glad you didn't correct your pastor.
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Heather

I almost walked out of my job multiple times today.

I am checked into my new dorm/room and can start moving ASAP.

Currently eating a sub from Subway.
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

Roscoe

Quote from: Newsman on December 09, 2014, 12:17:54 PM

You could do like OUR SS teacher did sunday...nearly earned himself a punch in the snoot.
He is, without a doubt a good man and has good insight into Scripture- but he has a monotone that will put folks to sleep and tends to repeat himself. I am sitting on the back row, having been up since 4:30 am, fighting to remain awake since it is now 5:45 pm... instead of snoring, I take my phone out (which is silenced) and scroll through the bible app. Anything to keep me from dozing. Noticing, apparently that my head is down more than he'd like, he stops his lesson and announces to the church that "Bro Bobby is looking at his phone instead of the lesson, and is assured that it is bible that he is looking at".
My temper spiked and I nearly told him if he'd not bore everyone to tears I'd not look at the phone. But, I kept quiet. He is truly a good man, and I love him and don't want to cause issues. But I would never be so rude as to call someone out like that. All that does is embarrass and turn people away, IMHO.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Heather

Has anyone's address changed? I'm sending out Christmas Cards this week.  :cool:

Chseeads

Yes, I now live in a straw hut on a beautiful Tahitian beach.

:smirk2:

Newsman, at least it was just a yawn and not a snore. 

sunlight

:attackhug: Be full of hugs!

MsJennJenn

I don't suppose mines changed. Trying to remember if you sent me one to my current address or not last year...lol
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-

The Purple Fuzzy

Lynx

Yay!

*Isaac goes off to collect some hair from the floor and sell it to a wig maker.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

sunlight

:attackhug: Be full of hugs!

The Purple Fuzzy

Heather

After days of arguing dress code with work, I went today in full AutoZone dress code. Sure enough, I got told 3 times I looked like a bank robber.  :roll: Plus a few of my shops said they missed my bright color rain jacket. That's how they knew it was me and not the other girl when we pull in.

Oh well, shoveling some fries and chicken strips in my mouth then off to church.

Lynx

Ouch... from Fuzzy's own daughter, no less.  "How sharper than a serpent's tooth..."  :hypocrite:
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

Chseeads

Quote from: HeatherB on December 10, 2014, 10:55:50 PM
After days of arguing dress code with work, I went today in full AutoZone dress code. Sure enough, I got told 3 times I looked like a bank robber.  :roll: Plus a few of my shops said they missed my bright color rain jacket. That's how they knew it was me and not the other girl when we pull in.

Oh well, shoveling some fries and chicken strips in my mouth then off to church.

Ya just cain't please people.

Roscoe

Ugh. Sick all evening, and still puny today. Wasn't the only one, wife was sick too. Lord, I shoulda called in. I feel like I've been hit by a freight train...
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Lynx

Lot of folks feeling bad this week.  I was sick over the weekend, and should not have gone to work Monday because I was not ready to work fast yet.  I lasted a bit more than two hours, then went back home.  But I noticed a few other people complaining about feeling bad.  Then last night the pastor said his wife was home sick too. 
"Do you sing at church?"

The Purple Fuzzy

Roscoe

All day and no posts....pitiful.
Well, I'll share. I made it through the day, now I am back on my weekend. :clap: Feeling much better. Looking forward to Saturday... :P

mini

DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Lynx

"Do you sing at church?"

The Purple Fuzzy

It's rainy and gloomy today here.  Makes me want to go back to bed.

MsJennJenn

Rainy and gloomy here too. Not that it's been anything else for a straight week and a half. I NEED the sun.  :tearhair:
-Alexander Den Heijer-