News:

What happens if you get scared half to death twice? -Steven Wright

Main Menu

Lynx hits some licks in his music mix, just to get his kicks, in SHARING 496

Started by Lynx, October 03, 2014, 11:47:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Purple Fuzzy

Roscoe

I'm  blown away. Guy has already  called  me this morning  about  the Corvette. Said he's  pretty  sure  he wants it. He's  gonna come by tonight  to look. Lord, I need  him to buy it. .
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

MsJennJenn

Pretty sure I'm going to drop the French class. I'm failing - miserably. Plus I'm changing universities anyway, and the one I'm thinking of applying/transferring to doesn't require a language credit anyway. Lord this process is stressing me out - community college was so much easier.  :tearhair:

I'm hungry. I haven't had any breakfast, nor do I have a lunch.  :noo:
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Roscoe

I destroyed two years of high school French and can't remember more than two words- "oui" and "non". I can't imagine college french.Stupid furriners.  They should orta speak English gooder like we'uns. :ugly:
And in sharing, the guy came out and looked at the 'vette. Spent maybe five minutes here, telling me how good the price was and how good the car was, then said he'd have to speak with his buddy. If he comes back and buys, I shall be surprised, but we will see.
Lou's gone to a school meeting. I have disciplined my offspring, who has apparently decided school isn't important and that she will do things HER way. I suspect she now sees that her way is a bit more painful than the school's way. Oh, and I'm studying the last couple of chapters of Galatians in preperations for Bible Study tomorrow. Lord, I pray that He gives me the words to say and insight that is needed...
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Lynx

Vous parlez francais?  Je le parle, mais je'n le parle pas tres bien... ou tres vite. 
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

MsJennJenn

"When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Chseeads

Quote from: mini on October 07, 2014, 01:21:30 AM
Quote from: Lynx on October 06, 2014, 10:39:27 PM
Er... mini I don't follow.  If you don't play guitar, why do you have a collection of them?  Collectibles as investment?

Cause I like them.  And I like to pick at them.

So Roscoe and your guitars have a lot in common.

Chseeads

Quote from: MsJennJenn on October 07, 2014, 02:51:35 PM
Pretty sure I'm going to drop the French class. I'm failing - miserably. Plus I'm changing universities anyway, and the one I'm thinking of applying/transferring to doesn't require a language credit anyway. Lord this process is stressing me out - community college was so much easier.  :tearhair:

You're a disgrace to your last name.

Chseeads

I wish I didn't exist.  It would have been great if I hadn't been born and didn't have to endure this life here. 

But, it's too late to consider that....  *sigh*  I still think about it a lot though.

I don't know if I'm clinically depressed or mental or what. 

I'm just so weary with everyone's terrible afflictions and sufferings.

MsJennJenn

Quote from: Chseeads on October 08, 2014, 02:51:30 AM
Quote from: MsJennJenn on October 07, 2014, 02:51:35 PM

You're a disgrace to your last name.

Haha I know. Sad isn't it?
-Alexander Den Heijer-

The Purple Fuzzy

Lynx

Quote from: Lynx on October 08, 2014, 12:26:56 AM
Vous parlez francais?  Je le parle, mais je'n le parle pas tres bien... ou tres vite.
Do you speak french?  I speak it, but I don't speak it very well... or very fast.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

Roscoe

It has come a toad-strangler here today. Looks like it has cleared  off now though.  They are saying  it will be rainy most of the week and weekend. This is bad, since  I will have to stay inside on my days off. That means cooking, which means eating, which means more fat. Bah

MsJennJenn

Quote from: Lynx on October 08, 2014, 02:20:19 PM
Quote from: Lynx on October 08, 2014, 12:26:56 AM
Do you speak french?  I speak it, but I don't speak it very well... or very fast.

Non.

I can say a few individual words, but not sentences. I DEF cannot type/write it.
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Chseeads

Weirdos.

I gotta take the Morrises to Indy to the bus station later....ugh.

The Purple Fuzzy

Well, I haven't been able to get on GP for most of they day. I know y'all missed me. ;)

Roscoe

We were simply distraught. :lol:
Made it through the day...then went to church to teach a bible study. Wound up meddling before starting the bible study, and preaching something entirely different, with good results from the church. Felt delivered.

And in other news/questions- Anybody know how Mel and her family, specifically her dad, is doing?

MsJennJenn

I couldn't either at one point Sandra. Who knows.

My official Associate of Arts degree came in the mail today.
yipppppeeeee! :clap:
-Alexander Den Heijer-

The Purple Fuzzy

Roscoe

Yes, congratulations. I have to admit being envious. I still haven't  followed  through with going  back to school. Life keeps getting  in the  way..

MsJennJenn

Quote from: Roscoe on October 09, 2014, 02:47:44 PM
Yes, congratulations. I have to admit being envious. I still haven't  followed  through with going  back to school. Life keeps getting  in the  way..

With the days you have off - you could do one class at a time. You can do it!!! Life will always be an excuse - and not a good one. :)
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Roscoe

Quote from: MsJennJenn on October 09, 2014, 02:50:15 PM

With the days you have off - you could do one class at a time. You can do it!!! Life will always be an excuse - and not a good one. :)
Yeah, I know. I need to stop procrastinating and go do it, but truthfully I don't know that I can justify the expense for what basically would be a vanity. I'm too far into my police career to change now, and the jobs that I would want mostly don't require a degree. It's more of a pride desire for me, as no one in my family has a degree.

MsJennJenn

Quote from: Roscoe on October 09, 2014, 05:05:47 PM
Quote from: MsJennJenn on October 09, 2014, 02:50:15 PM

Yeah, I know. I need to stop procrastinating and go do it, but truthfully I don't know that I can justify the expense for what basically would be a vanity. I'm too far into my police career to change now, and the jobs that I would want mostly don't require a degree. It's more of a pride desire for me, as no one in my family has a degree.

Meh. Vanity shmanity. There are people far older then you (and that's saying something haha), who have gone back to school, and continue doing so, because they just wanted to accomplish what they couldn't at a younger age. I'm quite sure it's a pride thing for them too. But regardless - they're doing it despite the financial part.
-Alexander Den Heijer-

MelodyB

I'll have to try to remember to update later...my break is 2 minutes from expiring.

We are alive...details when I can get to WiFi and update...still no data on my phone.
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Lynx

"Do you sing at church?"