News:

Is the forum a bit confusing for you? Are there some features you're not sure how to use? Check out this help topic!

Main Menu

Getting my foot in the door - starting early in SHARING 494

Started by Lynx, May 28, 2014, 02:45:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MelodyB

Yes. The Sonic DP mixture is awesome...I wish I had a Sonic nearby...that's one thing I miss. Our nearest sonic is on the North side of town where I don't get to very often. So since moving here I have been a total of one (1) time. Blah.

In other random news, I live less than a half mile from a Starbucks, but yet I have never been since moving here...given my Starbucks reputation, that's a shock I know. But being as broke as I have been for as long as I have, I cannot justify spending money there. Maybe one day I'll be as wealthy and care free as I used to be and I'll frequent there once again.

Went fishing today. Caught nothing.

That is all.
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

MsJennJenn

"When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Roscoe

Urgh. I SO wanted to keep driving this morning- a side trip to Memphis (about 2 hours further than my morning commute- and hitting some bbq places in the Delta sure sounded good. One of these days, I'm gonna get up early, fire up Rusty, and see how many BBQ stands I can find in the East Arkansas/West Tennessee/NorthWest Mississippi area......
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

The Purple Fuzzy

Roscoe

If I were rich, I'd hire mini to take pics, and we'd spend a year in rusty going around the south daily sampling bbq, preferably from little rustic shacks...then we'd publish a defining "The art of southern bbq, from the perspective of 2 rednecks and an old chevy" book. :fork:
Recommended companion reader- " digging your grave with a spoon and  fork" by Gov. Mike Huckabee
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Lynx

Ugh.  Weird dreams last night, nothing but weird dreams.  They were so weird I realized they couldn't be real, so I had fun with them. 

One of them, we were at church.  There was some visiting minister preaching, a woman, but she was dressed very inappropriately.  Then a water pipe burst over the stage.  Then the kids choir started singing, but while they were singing a swarm of bees or wasps or something started flying in from a corner of the ceiling.  At that point I turned to our section presbyter, who was in the pew behind me and said, "This has to be a dream." I listed all the things wrong with this picture, then I said "This is either a nightmare or at least a really strange dream." Then I wandered off to get a close look at the flying insects to see what they were.  Hey it's only a dream, what's the worst they could do to me?  :cool:
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Roscoe

Made it through the day. Came home and found out one of my favorite ham radio events started today. "13 colonies" where in celebration of the 4th of July, each of the original 13 colonies has radio stations on the air. Last year, I managed to contact all of them- I've managed to snag six of them so far tonight... :clap:

The Purple Fuzzy

I'm at work trying to cheer myself up by thinking about being off on Friday.

Chseeads

Roscoe

Back at work too. Dreading teaching bible study tonight....just really drained and would rather not, but I will muddle through I am sure...

Roscoe

Alright, somebody's gotta say something! Nearly 24 hours of silence?!? With the amount of females we have on this forum, that should be impossible. :hypocrite:

Morning, any and all. :hi:

Lynx

I'll say hi, but I am NOT shielding you from the fallout from that females comment.  You on your own there bro.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

The Purple Fuzzy

Besides, seems like the guys talk more around here.
When the kids were small, hubby used to say he was ready to leave after service and I'd get everyone ready and be in the foyer and have to wait at least another 30 minutes for him to finish talking.

Roscoe

Quote from: Lynx on July 03, 2014, 12:56:49 PM
I'll say hi, but I am NOT shielding you from the fallout from that females comment.  You on your own there bro.
That comment was made to draw them out of hiding. I didn't figure a one of them could keep from commenting on that...
Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on July 03, 2014, 01:25:08 PM
Besides, seems like the guys talk more around here.
When the kids were small, hubby used to say he was ready to leave after service and I'd get everyone ready and be in the foyer and have to wait at least another 30 minutes for him to finish talking.
And Fuzzy Beast, around here, most times, it is the opposite. My wife will talk for hours...

MsJennJenn

I won't berate you for it. lol I don't care that much.
And I'm strongly introverted. I am either super chatty, or super quiet.
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Lynx

Quote from: Roscoe on July 03, 2014, 02:51:48 PM
And Fuzzy Beast, around here, most times, it is the opposite. My wife will talk for hours...
Er... If my memory of my trip over there is still reliable, she was rather quiet.  Except for when it came to playing the piano, which she does well, and she knows some Hinsons songs!  But for the most part, the talkative one was rather shorter, wider and with a deeper voice. And I still say he drove like Jehu, especially on the interstate.  Taco can back me up on that.
"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

:pound: Your memory is obviously faulty. And of COURSE she knows Hinson songs. There's NO way anyone could live with me for a week, much less 1o years, without knowing them. They are ALWAYS being played around my area.

And in sharing, I had a grand time this evening. Yesterday I started on my "13 colonies" event...for the second year in a row I have hunted them all down and talked to all of them. Ham nerd for sure, but it was a pleasing finish...

Lynx

"Do you sing at church?"

Chseeads

Did cleaning and cards today.  Came home and went to church.  And came home.

The home health nurse wanted dad to go to the hospital to get his leg checked for a blood clot, as it's been swelling of late.  So my sister takes them to the ER, and by that time, the ultrasound people have gone home, so he has to go back tomorrow.  What?!  The biggest hospital in the region outside of Indianapolis and they cannot do an ultrasound.  How pitiful is that?

Anyways...blah. 

The doctor told my grandma the other day that she has breast cancer....though there were no tests performed beside a physical exam.  Which seems a bit odd to be able to just outright say that it is...  She's worried about it.  And going to have a blood test or something.  She didn't want to have a biopsy or something.  She's almost 99 years old. 

So, I'm cursing whatever spot she has, as well still as whatever dad had on his lung, in Jesus name.  That's all I can do.  And for that matter with faith, it's the most one can do, and the best....

I just keep telling whatever was there to die.  So hopefully it's dead and can't even hear me anymore by now. lol

:smirk2:

Lynx

Last night Grandma said something hilarious.  She made a big pan of buttermilk biscuits, then she realized how many she had made and said "I don't know what we're gonna do with all these biscuits."
With homemade buttermilk biscuits?  You kidding?  :fork:  They'll be gone before they have half a chance to go bad.
"Do you sing at church?"

Chseeads

No blood clots, thank the Lord.  Just old and decrepitness I guess. 

Did poop.  Except for the place I couldn't get to cause downtown was shut down all over the place for a stupid parade.

Roscoe

Got up, loaded the lawn mower and headed to town to mow the church yard because it was looking hideious. Got there after spending $20 for gas for the mower and truck to get there, and discover that someone else had mowed it this morning. No whining or complaining here, but I kinda wish they'd have texted me...
Came home and replaced the shingles the storm blew off, mowed the yard and began trimming trees. Now I have a ton of branches down to load up and I'm too tired to mess with them. :smirk: Chey's at the next door neighbor's swimming....
Gonna run over to Bro Papa's tonight and enjoy a fine meal....we'll take fixin's for strawberry shortcake.:fork:

The Purple Fuzzy

Lynx

I got an unexpected cheesecake.  My cousin's husband bought it from his boss's daughter who was fund-raising for... something or other.  My cousin's husband is diabetic, so he gave it to me.  No problem, be happy to take care of that for you.   :fork:

The only other thing of moment here is I'm putting a different computer in the sound booth at church.  The sound man has learned not to get too accustomed to any given computer, because I may swap it out in three years or maybe next week.  But as long as it turns on and off when he hits the power button, and as long as Audacity brings up the Export menu when he hits S, he's happy with it.  I'm gonna run Linux Mint KDE for a while, see how it does in a production environment.  Might even install ElectricSheep screensaver for the WOW factor. :D
"Do you sing at church?"

Chseeads