Main Menu

Getting my foot in the door - starting early in SHARING 494

Started by Lynx, May 28, 2014, 02:45:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Purple Fuzzy

Roscoe

Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on June 03, 2014, 11:10:24 PM
:pound: roscoe
Ah,  new charge- Assaulting an Officer. Criminal.  However, I am a kind and understanding man. I would consider letting you slide in return for a SMALL contribution to a worthy charity  :freaky2: ... say, a baked goodie for the "Feed Roscoe Goodies" charity, a nonprofit organization ? :fork:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

The Purple Fuzzy

Roscoe

If someone didn't deliver their fines to the courthouse, it's considered that they didn't pay. :hypocrite:
I'm back at work. Today and one more, then I'm at a weekend.....:clap:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

The Purple Fuzzy

:pound: Roscoe again for good measure.  I'm out of your jurisdiction. :hypocrite:

Roscoe

Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on June 04, 2014, 03:10:42 PM
:pound: Roscoe again for good measure.  I'm out of your jurisdiction. :hypocrite:
:pound: :pound: You will wander through sometime, no doubt.  Made it through the day. Have apparently consumed something disagreeable and am being kept at arm's length from a small room known as a water closet in other countries, on a night that I really need to be free. :sadbounce:

Lynx

Which reminds me of a story that I may or may not have told here before.

A couple of months ago I was at church early one Sunday morning typing the bulletin.  The pastor walked past and he looked a bit tired.  He said they went out for mexican food at the place here in our town.  (For the record that is always a mistake - it is well known that the local mexican restaurant is not good.  Better to go to one in a town about 13 miles away.)  He said he ordered a beef burrito and got a burrito with a chopped-up hot dog in it.  He ate it, and he was up and down all night with Montezuma's revenge.  He said it might be a short sermon today...
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Heather

Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

Roscoe

I guess I can post this now, I think all the family has been told and none are on this board anyway......please pray for my pastor, Bro Wilson. His 87 year old dad passed away around 1:38 pm today. Although it was expected and is somewhat a relief, as strokes had taken a very active and viberant man and reduced him to a shell, it still isn't easy to lose one's father. Been nearly 5 years for me, and I still tear up thinking of my Daddy..... So, if you would, hold him and his family, especially his mother, up in prayer.

Chseeads

Newsman

Roscoe

Quote from: Newsman on June 05, 2014, 08:06:42 AM
Bobby,

http://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes/eventpage/usc000rb2u#summary
Didn't feel it........we've had several of these smaller quakes over the last few years. Don't remember that happening as often as a kid...

And morning, all. I nearly called in, just because.....but I forced myself to come in. If I had not had a carpool partner, I'm thinking I would've bailed... :biglaugh:

MelodyB

I'm going out of town tomorrow for the weekend. One last whooraa before I get to go back to work on Tuesday.
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Lynx

"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

The Purple Fuzzy

sunlight

:attackhug: Be full of hugs!

Lynx

"Do you sing at church?"

The Purple Fuzzy

sunlight

:attackhug: Be full of hugs!

Chseeads

Quote from: Roscoe on June 05, 2014, 11:28:45 AM
] Didn't feel it........we've had several of these smaller quakes over the last few years. Don't remember that happening as often as a kid...

Seismograph's hadn't been invented back then, and if you couldn't feel them, you just never knew they were happening.

Lynx

Quote from: sunlight on June 05, 2014, 10:23:08 PM
Especially at work the last few days... Lol
:o  Okay, what have you been doing at work?  Causing trouble?
"Do you sing at church?"

The Purple Fuzzy

Roscoe

I hate stormy weather....we got up and went to the library, then grabbed a few groceries. On the way home, in Rusty of course, the bottom fell out of the sky. Lands, it was a monsoon. And lightening, and thunder- no ham radioing, and if it weren't for my library books, I'd go insane... :mad:

Heather

There is a Miata Club meeting going on at the racetrack. I ended up merging into a group of about 30 of them headed that way on the highway. Haven't seen a pink one yet.....
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

The Purple Fuzzy

Quote from: Roscoe on June 06, 2014, 07:18:32 PM
I hate stormy weather....we got up and went to the library, then grabbed a few groceries. On the way home, in Rusty of course, the bottom fell out of the sky. Lands, it was a monsoon. And lightening, and thunder- no ham radioing, and if it weren't for my library books, I'd go insane... :mad:
Why, is your electricity out?
And I hate to tell you this, but you're already insane. ;)