News:

Monday is an awful way to spend 1/7th of your life. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

Getting my foot in the door - starting early in SHARING 494

Started by Lynx, May 28, 2014, 02:45:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Newsman

Fair Lady JennJenn, I doth humbly beseech thy pardon!

Lady Sandra, please say hello to Clarence for me! I actually haven't been anywhere near y'all's area since a rather disastrous (to my ego :)   ) trip top Lufkin in January '13! :) I think it was March '12 when I last saw y'all.

Isaac, forget the shotgun, and pile on the catfish and BBQ. I'd like to go back down to Shiloh. One of the older park rangers there offered to make me copies of some 22ish pages they had on the path of Grierson's raid, and dummy that I am I declined the offer, and have been regretting it since!

Robert the Elderly, confess thy fondness for pink kitchens and Miatas!

Seth, I hope your father is well soon.

Chseeads

The Purple Fuzzy

Roscoe

Shew, Lawd. the last few days have been, EPIC, to borrow a word from our obviously departed Mel....
Uncle Ron showed up Tuesday night and we immediately- like within ten minutes of his arrival- hit the mountain swap meet. The swap meet got bigger and better every day, right up until this morning. Although Uncle Ron didn't buy a vehicle this year, we bought other things and put nearly 400 miles on Rusty from Wednesday morning on.
Then Friday, tradition held true, and the brother I never wanted but am glad I have, aka Mini, showed up with his Mini-me... Cheyenne and the Mini-me had a grand time chasing and tormenting each other while Mini and I concentrated on cars and parts..then we wandered off the mountain and fell into the Butcher shop, where a chunk of my swap meet money was traded for some of the best steaks I've ever ate. Mini and I fired up the grill, and the fat tall bald guy showed me how to cook a steak....Man, they were awesome.
Then today, one more trip to the mountain, where we discovered that at 8 am, there were no parking spots...people parking over a mile away and walking to it...
I hated to see the weekend end. It was perfect. Perfect weather, perfect everything. Then Mini and Uncle Ron went to their homes, while I dug out the lawnmower and moved the church yard and one of the yards I mow for pay. And tomorrow, I have to go back to work. Bah.
And now if you've read this novel length article, you are somewhat up to date with Roscoe's world...
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

The Purple Fuzzy

Lynx

John:  22ish pages?  I no comprende.

Bobby:  You moved the church yard?  Where did you move it to? 
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Roscoe

Quote from: Lynx on June 14, 2014, 11:52:08 PM
John:  22ish pages?  I no comprende.

Bobby:  You moved the church yard?  Where did you move it to?
Ooops. I MOWED the church yard. I'd LIKE to move it , though- to a sunny location in Florida, with me as a caretaker, or failing that, to a prominant location in my town, not far from Walmart, instead of hidden from everyone....but I don't see that happening. :sadbounce:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Newsman

You'd be 'in the pink' then, right, Robert the Elderly?

Lynx

"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Roscoe

The Purple Fuzzy

Chseeads

I would've addressed the moving of the yard had it not been done prior to my chance to do so. 

w2cch, eating a bean bowl.  Got a plenty to do, but may collapse into a nap upon eating, we shall see.

Roscoe

Lord. I'm back to a Monday. Bah. I want my weekend back! :pound:

mini

*waves @ Robert the Elderly in accordance to prophecy.
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Chseeads

The Purple Fuzzy

MsJennJenn

"When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Chseeads

Roscoe

Quote from: Chseeads on June 16, 2014, 04:35:54 PM
Buncha ughly mugs.
Yes. They are.
:pound: mini for jumping on the "Robert the Elderly"  band wagon.

MsJennJenn

Takes an ughly mug to know an ughly mug!
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-

MelodyB

Worked all week. Shew doggie...I forgot how fat and out of shape I am till I have to staf on my feet all day. But it's getting better. I was so tired an had such a headache today that I've pretty much slept on and off all day.

My new job is good and easy, but BORING. We don't stay busy like we did at my old job and you can't sit down so you basically stand around all day waiting on something to do. It's not the kind of job I like cause it makes the time DRAGGG by. I'd rather be busy cause then you lose track of time and it's time to go home before you know it. Not here. I'm seeing every second. And it's tourture.

Anyways, everything else is ok.

I'm actually thinking about moving again. To GA. Not sure yet.

That is all.

Oh and Roscoe... :pound:
That's for saying I'm departed. And not even dearly...*sniff*
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Roscoe

Quote from: MelodyB on June 16, 2014, 08:28:29 PM

Anyways, everything else is ok.

I'm actually thinking about moving again. To GA. Not sure yet.

That is all.

Oh and Roscoe... :pound:
That's for saying I'm departed. And not even dearly...*sniff*
:pound: :pound: You APPEARED to be departed. After all, we never hear from you lately. And if you WERE departed, as your friend, I could not say "dearly" as it would not be dear to discover you departed.  :hypocrite:

And Lou and I think you are moving the wrong way. Even though it is commendable that you are staying in the south....

Newsman

Isaac, the "22ish pages' refers to one of my visits out to Shiloh last summer. One of the senior-looking park rangers, on learning of my interest n  Grierson's Raid (A Civil War Northern raid through the South,) gave me sme tips and offered to make copies of some 2 pages of stuff they had related to the raid, might have been a description of ther day-by-day route they used.  declined the offer, and have sin ce wished UI had accepted.

I notice Robert the Elderly didn't deny his pink preferences :)

The Purple Fuzzy

:hi:  I'm at work

I'm wishing my grandbabies didn't live so far away, I would sure like to get some hugs and kisses from them.

MsJennJenn

At work. The she boss is back from vaca.

30 days and it's girls trip to Fllllloooorriddaa. Cannot. WAIT. :bustamove: :hyper:
-Alexander Den Heijer-