News:

You can reach your profile and change its settings here.

Main Menu

Here We Are, Throw Something in the Mix, Let's All Post, Sharing 506

Started by The Purple Fuzzy, March 02, 2017, 05:16:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Purple Fuzzy

Nelle

EEK! We are going to Mount Rushmore for the 4th of July extended weekend with my husband's best friend and family! I'm excited! I've always wanted to go, but really thought I wouldn't ever make it! I love the historical sites!! I'd love to visit all the major ones before I kick the bucket a long time from now.

Roscoe

Quote from: MsJennJenn on April 11, 2017, 02:10:00 PM
Quote from: Lynx on April 11, 2017, 01:47:55 PMA blessing on the head of whomever talked you into burgundy. It will look much better than white, especially in your house with your decor.

More like a pox upon you. Burgundy?! ACK. :noo:
Well...Teal seemed to feminine given it was going into the radio room which is a masculine place. White, Lou said would get too dirty. I thought about a hunter green, but it seemed too dark and I couldn't find one that suited. But the burgundy- lord, unless it dries a lot darker it looks more salmon. Maybe even Pepto Bismol Pink. It' WILL be repainted if this is the color. I do have some dark red paint left over from the kitchen paint job...

I just couldn't find anything that would look masculine, yet go with the style. I was thinking more traditional...
Quote from: Nelle on April 11, 2017, 05:18:42 PMEEK! We are going to Mount Rushmore for the 4th of July extended weekend with my husband's best friend and family! I'm excited! I've always wanted to go, but really thought I wouldn't ever make it! I love the historical sites!! I'd love to visit all the major ones before I kick the bucket a long time from now.
One of my bucket list places. We love historical sites too!
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Lynx

!!!

Bobby you love historical places? You drove RIGHT THROUGH HERE and never went to Shiloh? Fifteen minute drive man, FIFTEEN MINUTES from you and you never went there?
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Roscoe

Quote from: Lynx on April 12, 2017, 01:59:19 AM!!!

Bobby you love historical places? You drove RIGHT THROUGH HERE and never went to Shiloh? Fifteen minute drive man, FIFTEEN MINUTES from you and you never went there?
I've been to Shiloh in the past. As well as Gettysburg and Vicksburg... Intend to go again soon though, since it's been 20 years or better since I seen Shiloh. My ultimate goal is to go to the Smithsonian, Independence Hall, and Monticello, as well as Mount Vernon. That's a sometime trip for us, Chey wants to go do it as bad as I do..
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

sunlight

Quote from: Roscoe on April 12, 2017, 12:27:45 AM
Quote from: Lynx on April 11, 2017, 01:47:55 PMA blessing on the head of whomever talked you into burgundy. It will look much better than white, especially in your house with your decor.

Well...Teal seemed to feminine given it was going into the radio room which is a masculine place. White, Lou said would get too dirty. I thought about a hunter green, but it seemed too dark and I couldn't find one that suited. But the burgundy- lord, unless it dries a lot darker it looks more salmon. Maybe even Pepto Bismol Pink. It' WILL be repainted if this is the color. I do have some dark red paint left over from the kitchen paint job...

I just couldn't find anything that would look masculine, yet go with the style. I was thinking more traditional...
Quote from: Nelle on April 11, 2017, 05:18:42 PMEEK! We are going to Mount Rushmore for the 4th of July extended weekend with my husband's best friend and family! I'm excited! I've always wanted to go, but really thought I wouldn't ever make it! I love the historical sites!! I'd love to visit all the major ones before I kick the bucket a long time from now.

It's pink. He has a pink piano in his room. Very pink.
  :attackhug: Be full of hugs!

MsJennJenn

So why didn't you go with a shade of navy? lol that's masculine....
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Roscoe

Quote from: sunlight on April 12, 2017, 02:57:07 PM
Quote from: Roscoe on April 12, 2017, 12:27:45 AM

It's pink. He has a pink piano in his room. Very pink.
It is NOT in my room. And as it dries, it IS getting darker- but it is still going to get a darker color paint on it tomorrow, BEFORE it enters the ham room.

Lynx

Too bad the pink Miata is gone. They would have made a good match.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

Heather

No one should ever be able to paint anything hunter green or burgundy. Yuck.

I'm completely out of luck as far as school and have embraced the fact I will have nothing but menial jobs the rest of my life. Brandon got into grad school thankfully with a TA position that'll pay his tuition so he will be starting his Master's in History this fall.

Been spending time in my hammock or with my dad out at his camper fixing things up for the summer.

We repainted our kitchen cabinets over the past week and have a few other projects going on around the house.

I want a motorcycle.
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

Roscoe

Quote from: HeatherB on April 12, 2017, 08:07:22 PMNo one should ever be able to paint anything hunter green or burgundy. Yuck.

I'm completely out of luck as far as school and have embraced the fact I will have nothing but menial jobs the rest of my life. Brandon got into grad school thankfully with a TA position that'll pay his tuition so he will be starting his Master's in History this fall.

Been spending time in my hammock or with my dad out at his camper fixing things up for the summer.

We repainted our kitchen cabinets over the past week and have a few other projects going on around the house.

I want a motorcycle.
I like burgundy. :-p
It kinda ties in to the muted traditional style. And I ,too, want a motorcycle. To the point I've been drooling on craigslist at them. And if I can connive a way, I shall have one.

Lynx

You should have mentioned that to my uncle Fred when you were here. He probably would have sold you his cheap. I haven't seen him ride it in... well, more than two years now. It might need a bit of maintenance, certainly a battery charge and maybe the fuel line cleaned out after sitting so long.
"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

If I had the spare money, I'd ask for his number...
 And in sharing, it needs to be Friday. I overslept, oe of my coworkers called in and the other isn't here yet, and I've resorted to heating  up the two day old cinnamon roll in the office fridge for breakfast. Bah.

mini

DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Lynx

"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

I quite agree with Galoot. There's ALWAYS something to say or fuss about.

For instance, today, I can fuss about having a metric ton of yard work to do. :pound:

The Purple Fuzzy

Lynx

Quote from: Roscoe on April 15, 2017, 01:56:15 PMI quite agree with Galoot. There's ALWAYS something to say or fuss about.

For instance, today, I can fuss about having a metric ton of yard work to do. :pound:
Oh I could fuss about that too. I mowed the yard for about an hour and a half before work yesterday... then I mowed it for about an hour and a half after work yesterday... then another hour and a half before work today. Uncle Fred is so covered up with work that he asked me to mow his yard while I was mowing Grandma's. That doesn't happen. Or at least that's the first time I can ever remember him resorting to asking somebody else to mow his yard, which means he's more backed up than a man on an all-cheese diet and busier than a midget mountain climber.

I'm just glad for the riding mower. It probably would have taken seven hours or so with a push mower.
"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

I wound up hauling a trailer load of scrap metal off, then coming home and cutting up some brush, burning a burn pile, then refiling it with the stuff I cut- weedeated a large part of the yard, mowed the yard, then went to town and got the fixings for the bacon wrapped smoked meatloaf I'm making for pot luck tomorrow.
Went by Bro Wilson's and took a present to my friend Bro John Proctor who is preaching for us tomorrow. He is somewhat addicted to Petit Jean Bologna, which you can't buy down in Texas, apparently. So I bought him a stick of it. Then, on the way back home, I noticed that the church yard needed mowing, so back to the house, load the lawnmower, and back to the church.
Yes- I am tired now. To tired to do more than sit in my chair. :lol:

My land and the church are fortunate I don't own a Harley anymore. 'Cause I totally would've ran away today.

Roscoe

Okay. To quote a wise, bald old goat:" This not posting nonsense has gotten out of hand.

:ugly:"

Y'all need to post!!

I awoke to a rainstorm and the happy knowledge that one of my sex offenders who decided he no longer wanted to see me has been caught. In Illinois, nearly to Wisconsin. Bonehead. Now in the next week or so, I'll have to go to a state line to get him in all likelihood, probably around Jonesboro, since the extradition team only brings them back to our state..

Nelle

So creepy that they can get so far so fast! lol..

We had a wonderful Easter. Lovely meal with family!

Lynx

This year's Easter was a church service like many others. Then I went home and made a big pot of chocolate pudding like many others.

For lunch today I just now finished eating a bowl of said pudding that was like many others. Delicious!

Sorry, that's all I got for sharing. My life is by some measurements boring. I like it though.
"Do you sing at church?"

The Purple Fuzzy

Roscoe

That's better. :hypocrite:
 Could use prayer. Got a shoulder that is hurting me, and I have defensive tactics class Wednesday. Not the optimal time for a sore shoulder. And I have got to get something together for Wednesday night too...

sunlight

I'm ready for this year to start looking up. And for everyone to quit expecting everything to be done all at once. That's all. The end.

:attackhug: Be full of hugs!