News:

Is the forum a bit confusing for you? Are there some features you're not sure how to use? Check out this help topic!

Main Menu

We Won’t Talk About Elves in Sharing 512

Started by The Purple Fuzzy, February 21, 2019, 09:53:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ashlee

Heather

hugs ashlee!

Just got back from ladies conference and by just got back, I mean I fell asleep around 7 pm last night and just got myself out of bed. So very thankful for a 230 pm sunday service at church.

had an awesome weekend.

haven't heard anything from the interview.
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

Roscoe

Quote from: Ashlee on March 10, 2019, 07:02:47 AM:hi:

Just checking in
Which should be done daily, with a side of gossip/sharing. :pound:
 :lol:

Welp, I slept in. Now I've gotten up, late, and discovered that one of my parolees have been arrested with mucho stuff, including guns. Due to the fact that 1) I have 5 days to submit a parole board report and 2) I'm out of the office for two weeks, I have two options. !) leave it for coworkers or 2) go do it tonight and miss part of church.
I hate to, but my coworkers are covered up, and probably would not do it the way I will, so I am fixing to go to work. Maybe after a trip to the jail and the work, I might catch a little of church. :smirk:
Every once in a while the job interfers with life..
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Heather

was able to hold one of our sweet little babies during altar service at church. someone commented that i looked good with a baby. i commented back i look even better as an auntie without one.

went by my moms to pick up leftover chili and as i pulled away from her house, her quasi-boyfriend was pulling in. it was weird. like i told her, i'm happy for her [and for someone to tag in so it's not me having to do everything all the time] but i don't want to see him sitting on my dad's couch in my dad's house. it's just weird.

now to make some noodles to go with our chili and cheese and get in some jammies for the evening.

Roscoe

Just got back from work. My parolee got THIRTY new charges. Guns, drugs, stolen stuff...you name it. The funniest part-  He had business ledgers with him detailing who, what when, where and how much "product" (drugs) he had sold. And while on the way to jail, his phone began loudly giving directions to his destination- a local drug house. NOT where he claimed he was going, and I think the local PD got another bust off of that. LOL. Obviously not a smart crook.

If you are gonna do stuff like that 1) DON'T carry your businees ledgers with you. 2) Turn ya phone off before the cops get there 3) DON'T get in the truck with a drunk driver....

I actually laughed while doing the Violation Report.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Lynx

Wow.

Bobby, as I understand it "parole" is basically letting former offenders loose under supervision to see if they will try to change their lives and do better this time. So I'm guessing in this case that is a definite "No, he's not trying to change." :p

I work with a guy who is on parole. Used to be a drug seller. He doesn't sell drugs now of course, but he still talks a lot about it and the only reason he doesn't sell drugs now is because he can't see a way to get away with it. He honestly does not see where there is anything wrong with selling drugs.

On the bright side, at least you weren't scheduled to preach the sermon for the service you had to miss. :cool:
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Lynx

Since Bobby routinely berates us for not posting more, here is what has been happening in my exciting life lately.

Saturday I got the backup clone of my computer system out and used it to refresh my computer. It has gotten somewhat cluttered lately. Something must have gone wrong because after I cloned the system over everything visual was lagging a lot. Oh great, the video card got messed up. Rather than trouble-shoot that for the rest of the day, I just wiped the system and ran a new clone from the backup. This time it worked great, and is still working fine right now. So far.

Folks, never buy a laptop with "hybrid" video processing. That means it has two video cards, the normal low-quality integrated chip and a dedicated high-powered video processor, and switches between them a lot. When there is little demand for graphics it will use the integrated card to save power, only switching to the good video card when there is something demanding to do. Unfortunately the system gets confused. It gets confused a lot. Bleh.

In music news, I found out a friend of mine at church likes music, but only recently switched to christian music, so he's not sure what he likes. My ears perked up. I'm always happy to make tons of music recommendations for anybody who asks. The only problem is getting me to stop talking about music. :D :D :D I went home and started sifting through my music collection to find stuff that matches the styles he said he used to listen to in secular music. I can't leave out any of the groups I chose, but my brother at church is going to get way more music than I think he ever expected.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

Heather

it's my day off and it'll be mostly spent cleaning this house. I was gone for 2 days! 48 hours! The husband resorted to pure bachelor mode. Sheesh. I can't live like this.

A friend from church is supposed to be heading this way for us to have lunch and chat time together. Mom wanted me to cancel with her because she can't hang out this evening due to her man cub. [He's 11 years younger than my mom]. Sorry mom, that's not gonna work...

Roscoe

:hi: This class is extremely boring. And annoying. This proposal I have to do is getting on my nerves. I want to lay it out simple and plain spoken. They want me to answer 10,000 questions about it and "dress it up". Some times Academia and Management are so stupid and devoid of common sense, I have to wonder how they put their shoes on..
 The wild thing is, the people to whom the proposal will ultimately be going to for approval were there today, briefly. They talked common sense...

Lynx

THIS JUST IN: McDonald's announced this afternoon they have completely sold out of Happy Meals (tm) and will now only be able to serve Grumpy Meals. These meals are marketed for cranky old people who like to complain about everything.

Grumpy Meals come with a burger and fries, because by God that's what we had growing up and it should be good enough for anybody. They also come with a cup of metamucil, a medic alert button and instead of games the sides of the box are covered with "Back in MY day..." lines.
"Do you sing at church?"

mini

DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Roscoe

sunlight

You can sure accumulate a lot of stuff in 5 yrs.
  :attackhug: Be full of hugs!

Lynx

Never get an Australian Shepherd. They can be smarter than you one minute, and dumber than a brick the next minute.

So Dan, my Australian Shepherd, is the first dog I have ever had to keep at home so he won't cause trouble getting into the neighbors' stuff. After the electric collar started cracking around the battery case and could not be used any more, I had him on a little 80 foot run on one side of the house (80 foot cable stretched between two trees, with his leash hooked to it so he could run in a long line) but he got bored and started sleeping a lot. So I stretched a cable all the way across the back yard, 280ft across, so he could see both sides of the house and keep informed of what is going on all around.

And it worked. He regained interest in the world and now spends most of his time trotting back and forth along his run. But now he has found the joy of getting his little 18-foot lead cable tangled around everything he can find to wrap it around, all along the run. I also have discovered the joy of having to check on my dog when I first get up in the morning, right before I head out, right when I get home and right before going to bed, to make sure I don't have to untangle him again.

This is the dog who fooled me into thinking I didn't have to change his collar's battery any more because he was always home when I was at home... because he figured out he could do his neighborhood gadabout routine at midday and I wouldn't know. How can the same dog NOT be able to figure out you go the other way around the pole (or wire or underbrush or stick or whatever you got your lead wrapped around) to get off it?
"Do you sing at church?"

Lynx

At least he is still intelligent in one respect. When he finds himself trapped he lies down and takes a nap. That's smarter than some humans I know. When you come up on a problem that stops you, and you can't solve it, most people would just keep worrying at it (and worrying about it.) The dog just catches a few winks and waits for me to untangle him again.
"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

Lol. Smart dog.
Morning  all. I've made the hour plus drive in. I cant believe  that I did this daily  for 6 years.
And so far, the coffee has failed. The steak bagel meal has failed. Now I'm dependent on dr pepper to get me going. I had pretty much quit drinking it again, but lord I gotta have something to give me strength.

Roscoe

Annnnnd no posts... :lol:

One more day down. One day closer to vacation...

mini

Morning everyone.

I'm tarred, feathered, and in need of a good prayer meeting and nap afterward.
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

The Purple Fuzzy

Well, my post disappeared.
I have some sort of crud. :sick:

Roscoe

:hi:
Urgh. I'm semi-functioning. Got an email yesterday that my boss tried to schedule me for my next step in the promotion process, an interview with the department heads- on Friday. The same Friday that I am completing the class I have to do before I can take the interview.
So I rushed around, and worked about an hour last night to get my assignment done. Then, I get an email a bit later- the head has decided to have me wait until the next interview date. So now I sit in class, while all of my coworkers furiously type away, and browse the web....:lol:

Lynx

Well... you want a post, I'll post. Nothing much to post about though.

Wednesdays are my days off. I have developed a tradition of taking a nap on Wednesday. Today I took a nap rather earlier than usual. So now I have the rest of the day to kill.

I have a car with a hood that won't pop. The battery is dead so I need to get that hood up. Come to find out it's not the latch under the dash that is malfunctioning. That latch releases the hood, but the spring that popped the hood up doesn't spring any more. So now I'm going to have to figure out how to pull the latch and pull the hood up at the same time.
"Do you sing at church?"

Nelle

Busy day yesterday. CPAs here doing our yearly audit today and yesterday. I like these new ones tho. They're personable. I think I posted about them before. You don't really "feel" like you're getting an audit, even though you are answering a billion question and showing tons of paperwork haha.

Extremely windy today and yesterday. Storms last night & today. My SUV is a bit scarier than my Elantra with the wind. I kept slowing waaaay down to not feel so about-to-blow-over, haha.

Tomorrow night we are meeting up with Jeremy's old coworker/friend for his birthday with his girlfriend, his girlfriend's best friend, and his girlfriend's best friend's boyfriend (who is also Jeremy's new coworker). LOL. That confusing enough? I thought it was sweet that he wanted to invite us to his birthday dinner with his newer friends too. PLUS it's at our favorite Japanese restaurant. I couldn't say no to that. :) I'm nervous though because I haven't seen him in like 2 years and I've never met the other three people going.

Roscoe

:hi:
 Today is Mental Health treatment class. I came in feeling happy and upbeat, positive about life and in good shape. Twenty minutes later, after one of their exercises in which they wrote out the alphabet and named a symptom of depression on each letter, I found out that apparently I'm depressed, possibly schizophrenic, and in all likelihood eligible for what my Daddy called a "crazy check". LOL
I know that there are mental illnesses and depression is real- in part because I've battled depression myself in past years and dealt with the truly mentally ill in my previous jobs. But man, in some of this I think they are overreaching in diagnosis...........

Oh, and I'm a tad happy too... I'll try to make this simple....I have previously held pretty high certification in Law Enforcement.  When I took this job, as y'all know I went through another academy, after which they moved my certification to "Specialized". I was told in order to keep my fulltime credentials, I'd have to work at least a 20 hour part time job once every three years to "restart the clock".
So, while researching for the project required in this class, I found a hidden regulation. I had talked with the Main Man at Arkansas' Law Enforcement Standards and he had told me outright that the job-every-three-years was required.
I showed the regulation I found to one of my supervisors. Se is a personal friend of said Main Man and called him. After she gave him the regulation and he researched it and read it, he called back and stated that I was correct. A Regulation he was unaware of says that I can keep my certification and transition back to full time at any time, as long as I keep my continuing education up- which my present job more than does.
So to recap- I found a loophole even the head of standards didn't know about. It is law. And I don't have to work part time for "in case" scenarios. I am happy.

MsJennJenn

It's chilly and windy today. :roll:

So over the rise and fall of the weather. I NEED the summer. Now. :demand:
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

The Purple Fuzzy

We had a crazy storm tear through town last night and really mess up one side of town. Thankfully the only "problems" we had was our electricticy blinked off a couple times and our internet has been off all day. Some folks across town have trees theough their roofs.