News:

:teeth: To crack the Top 10 posters, you must have over 11,000 posts. :teeth:

Main Menu

Minnesota gonna get cold!!!

Started by Scott, January 04, 2014, 10:23:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scott

By church time tomorrow we will be looking at -18 to -20 and by 9 am Monday it will be - 27.

The Wind Chills will be at least double and maybe triple the temp. Some parts of MN will have -70 Wind Chills.

Schools were closed for Monday by order of the Governor and many business will be closed. In fact one of the largest grocery chains has announced it will be closed Monday. I imagine tomorrow it will get very busy there.

Hot Coco?  Check

Hot Tea? Check

Books?  Check

Kindle loaded? Check

Audio Book? Check

Internet? Check

Flash lights? Check

Blankets? Check

"I find your lack of faith disturbing." (Vader)

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf (Orwell and Churchhill)

The Never Ending Battle

Scott

Think I will make some home made soup or goulash!!!

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf (Orwell and Churchhill)

The Never Ending Battle

Lynx

Looks like you got everything you need... as long as the power doesn't go out.  What about the backup generator?
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Melody

I was wondering about a generator too. Or would it just freeze like everything else outside?  Who needs to hunt?  You can just go collect the frozen wildlife.

The Purple Fuzzy

mini

I read the title and wondered what I did this time...
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Roscoe

Quote from: mini on January 07, 2014, 01:16:14 AM
I read the title and wondered what I did this time...
This thread is what you call a "shotgun prophecy". He wasn't even aiming at you, Mini, but you still got cold....
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

clark thompson

It got down to 3 where I live and I thought that was cold but -27 that is cold.
The Lord made a Way.

Lynx

I heard about that escaped convict - I think it was in Kentucky - who walked into a hotel lobby and asked the desk clerk to please call the police to take him in.  It got so cold he gave up.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Scott

Heatwave -5 right now and will be close to -10. But we expect +20 in a few days.  (I am sure it will get cold again towards the end of January.)

The Never Ending Battle

Chseeads

Subzero temps are a bunch of patootey.  We were below zero all day last Monday.  I don't see how people farther north where that's more of a normal occurance deal with it...it makes it terribly difficult to do anything.

Roscoe

Quote from: Chseeads on January 13, 2014, 02:45:33 AM
Subzero temps are a bunch of patootey.  We were below zero all day last Monday.  I don't see how people farther north where that's more of a normal occurance deal with it...it makes it terribly difficult to do anything.
I'll go as far as to say that sub40's temps are a bunch of patootey. The older I get, the more I wish I lived in Florida. I might get blown away in a hurricane, but by crikey, I wouldn't be freezing while it was happening. :P
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Warrior

I had to work outside part of the night in -60 windchill. It's funny watching my coworkers from southern states try to cope:

One coworker stepped out of a patrol vehicle and complained that he was "freezing" back when it was still up in the high 20's to mid-30's.

One coworker complained that he was a having difficult time because "it's impossible to drive in that mess." ...it hadn't even snowed 6 inches yet.

Just the other night, a couple of my coworkers were wearing facemasks! it hadn't even dropped below zero.

veni.vidi.vici