News:

Is the forum a bit confusing for you? Are there some features you're not sure how to use? Check out this help topic!

Main Menu

Now Mel is down- who's next to find a mate? Let's speculate in sharing 488

Started by Roscoe, October 07, 2013, 01:21:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lynx

I went to some of your local flea markets on my own time, including the one you said was the biggest one around. It wasn't very big. You should come up here and see a real flea market. They have everything from ax handles to chickens to pickled asparagus to pickled okra to razor blades to car parts to...
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

myhaloisintheshop

Quote from: Psalm_97 on October 22, 2013, 06:45:18 PM
I went to some of your local flea markets on my own time, including the one you said was the biggest one around. It wasn't very big. You should come up here and see a real flea market.

For such a short guy it seemed like a big place!

Lynx

Ah, that explains it. Kind of like how the front yard is a lot smaller than I remember it used to be when I was a kid playing in it.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

Roscoe

Quote from: myhaloisintheshop on October 22, 2013, 06:47:18 PM
Quote from: Psalm_97 on October 22, 2013, 06:45:18 PM
I went to some of your local flea markets on my own time, including the one you said was the biggest one around. It wasn't very big. You should come up here and see a real flea market.

For such a short guy it seemed like a big place!
:pound: :pound:

It was the biggest in our town maybe...there's several others in the area- outside of Conway, Little rock, ect, but it'd have taken a little driving and alot more time to go too...
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

taco_harvell

Frustrated!! I am going crazy with this headache, no sleep, and nothing productive to do. Everything I find productive to do no one will let me do and the few things they will I just want to tear apart and start from scratch to take out some frustration. I need to go back to work like NOW!!!
In love with RainbowJingles

http://lessonsintrust.blogspot.com/

MelodyB

I just gotta say, I love Sonic and their free drinks.

I really would like to try sleeping with a CPAP machine. I bet it would make a big difference in my sleep.
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Lynx

What free drinks?  Sonic gives out free drinks? 

Last time I went to a Sonic, they were having a special on corn dogs, 50 cents a piece.  I got six on lunch break.  Brought them back to work and started eating them, and regretted the purchase.  Even for 50 cents they weren't worth it.  Bleh!
"Do you sing at church?"

myhaloisintheshop

I love Sonic corndogs!  I want in on these free drinks too..lol    I miss their blackberry mango tea

MelodyB

We have blackberry mango tea here. And when you order drinks and food, they give you a code to do an online surveyand when you take the receipt back with the code you get a free rt 44. But they RARELY ever take my receipt away, so I use it every day and collect more. LOL

And I LOVE LOVE their corndogs. they are the best in town.

MsJennJenn

I'm with the consensus - I love their corn dogs. Yum!!!

Making creamy chicken enchiladas for dinner. In the oven now.  :fork:
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

MsJennJenn

Really, really need some prayers for my sister. She's facing some serious persecution (so to speak) at her job.

Basically she's about to get fired, because she told her boss(s) that she wasn't doing anyone else's work anymore. She does more than one persons job, and got tired of it. She went to her boss. That boss told her to go to HR. So she did. And now she's the one about to get fired. They called her in today to fire her, but decided not to because her work history is good. She's on a 90-notice. Any wrong step, and they'll fire her w/out notice. Which basically means they're gonna fire her anyway, because they don't like her.

SO ridiculous.
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

taco_harvell

I love dealing with multiple doctors... NOT

One came in and basically told me Diet Dr Pepper was worse than the nuclear bomb and just might end all man kind. Another said cut out ALL caffeine. Now, the second doctor in a row has just told me to try drinking MORE caffeine.

I am thankful for this new doctor though God lead me to her I have no doubt. She has helped not only by cutting her rates drastically but, she calls every single day to see how I am doing and to adjust my meds. I have never had a doctor do that.

Roscoe

My neighbor gave us two packages of freshly killed and butchered Bambi....my lovely wife is currently frying it, and I am eating it as fast as it comes outta the skillet....This stuff is delish!! :fork:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Lynx

So which side won?  The pro- or anti-caffeine side?  Personally I don't have a dog in the fight, because I don't drink sodas... but don't you dare say anything against my dark chocolate!  :noo:
"Do you sing at church?"

taco_harvell

Quote from: Psalm_97 on October 23, 2013, 01:41:13 AM
So which side won?  The pro- or anti-caffeine side?  Personally I don't have a dog in the fight, because I don't drink sodas... but don't you dare say anything against my dark chocolate!  :noo:
For now pro-caffiene.

Heather

Mentioned to my boss about going back to ETSU today and was essentially told it may be a good idea because he's probably gonna cut my hours so his stepdaughter [who hates me] can have more hours. Cutting my hours anymore than they already are bumps me to part-time and cuts my health insurance. I'm just gonna have to stay as healthy as I can until we get married in June. And frankly I'm ready to get back into school. I do not want to do this job the rest of my life.
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

Melody

Wow.  Lots going on with our GP friends this week.  I will be praying.

Passing the Mantle Conference starts this Friday and there is something heavy ready to be released in it.  You can feel it almost in the air it feels so powerful.  I'm praise singing all but 1 service and could not be more pumped.  This is a service for ministers/ministry both in the organic sense and/or in the governmental sense.  I'm encouraging my uncle to come up from Tulsa for the Saturday service (10am teaching, 6pm service). 

Our church is embarking on a whole 'nother, I don't even know the word for it.  We are intensely setting out to not just "win souls" but disciple people, especially the ones that call this church their home but are still on the out skirts.  It's a level that I believe my grandparent's generation barely scratched the surface of but is coming into fruition.  I'm excited!

Lynx

Heather:  Yeah, nepotism makes the world go 'round.  Too bad you're not evil - you could have fun tweaking people. :D  Of course we're not evil, and we would never do all those things we could do... but that doesn't stop the brain from turning up possibilities. 

Shut up Isaac, she doesn't need the temptation...
"Do you sing at church?"

Lynx

By the way, we guys really do wish you girls would listen when we tell you this.
www.gocomics.com/arloandjanis/2013/10/22

Not about makeup in particular, but about looks in general.
"Do you sing at church?"

Newsman

My young friend made it there, Lady JennJenn. I hadn't thought of suggesting y'all introduce yourselves, my bad. He is a great young man,. but may not be in your preferred age range (24) and he is pigmentationally challenged.

John  :waving:

Quote from: MsJennJenn on October 21, 2013, 02:44:00 PM
Very good. Enjoyed my time away. Wish it was longer.

Roscoe

taco_harvell

I was given  a prescription for coffee!!! lol

I like this doctor!!

MelodyB

Its cold today.

Justin called me yesterday and asked for my chili recipe, and so I gave it to him...walked outside this morning and immediately my mouth waters for chili. So I stopped by the store and got the fixins for it.

Im about to go put it together and let it slow simmer in the crock pot all day. YUMMMMO! :fork: :yum:

Pray for Allan too. They cut his hours at work and we are both looking for jobs. I need anything I can get and he needs a really good paying one so he can get caught up on child support and still have enough for us to live on.

The Purple Fuzzy