Now Mel is down- who's next to find a mate? Let's speculate in sharing 488

Started by Roscoe, October 07, 2013, 01:21:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roscoe

Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

MelodyB

Quote from: Backseat Radio on October 07, 2013, 07:43:35 AM
Not me. I'm not even looking to find a mate. just enjoying life as is

Yep...That was me.

Quote from: Psalm_97 on October 07, 2013, 10:37:33 AM
With no prospects, such is impossible.  So don't look at me.

Oh look...that was me too....

Now look at me! Haha! Never say never people. NEVER say never.

I said it twice in my life, and look, I live in Pascagoula....I said I would NEVER move HERE, and I am practically married....I said never to that too...

Take notes. Take really good notes.

Hmmm....

I will NEVER EVER NEVER be a millionaire! NEVER! :hypocrite:
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Lynx

I will never be a master audio engineer.  I will never do a multi-channel professional recording for a christian music group.  I will never do the mastering for a pro quality album.

And MelodyB, I never said never about that.  I just said such is impossible.  "Is" does not mean "will always be."  Get your verb tenses straight. ;)
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

SippinTea

Just for the record... there's a HUGE difference between boys who live with their mamas, and mamas who live with their boys. Also grandmas who live with their grandsons, as opposed to grandsons living with their grandmas. Just sayin'.... :P

But if we're going to have that conversation, I can name several guys right off the top of my head that do indeed live with family members, and are MEN who are independent. But maybe we don't want to have that conversation. Because if we did, I'd have to start giving introductions.  :cool:

Aaaaanyhow.

Mel dearie, that was hilarious.  :biglaugh:

Sandra........... *tight hug* I really miss you.

:beret:
"Not everything that is of God is easy." -Elona

"When you're wildly in love with someone, it changes everything." -F. Chan

"A real live hug anytime you want it is priceless." -Rachel

MelodyB

Backseat Radio

The Purple Fuzzy

MsJennJenn

Quote from: SippinTea on October 09, 2013, 04:21:18 AM
But if we're going to have that conversation, I can name several guys right off the top of my head that do indeed live with family members, and are MEN who are independent. But maybe we don't want to have that conversation. Because if we did, I'd have to start giving introductions.  :cool:

It's just been my experience men who still live at home, before getting married.
I understand situations that require assistance in living. I'm not completely shut off from every idea possible. I just have certain ideas, requirements, or desires to be more personal, that are important to me.

But introductions? What does this mean? lol :cool:
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

MsJennJenn

Coming up with a song set list for Fuel 2013 (Young Adult retreat Texas has every year).
Can't shake the songs about the name of Jesus.

Thankful for his guiding hand. Just want to minister to my peers.
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Lynx

Coincidentally, the theme for 2013 General Conference was The Name.

What style of music does this retreat usually do? 

Offhand the best one I know is the Wilbanks "In Your name"

"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

MsJennJenn

Quote from: Psalm_97 on October 09, 2013, 04:47:26 PM
Coincidentally, the theme for 2013 General Conference was The Name.

What style of music does this retreat usually do? 

Offhand the best one I know is the Wilbanks "In Your name"

Little more youthy. While it's not a Youth function or youth themed, the music is more like Jesus Culture, CNFI, Tasha Cobbs, Hillsong, etc.

Last year we did both days of the music. This year another church is doing Friday night, we're doing Saturday.
Here is the set list we did last year.
More Love More Power
I Worship You (Deitrick Haddon)
I Exalt Thee (Jesus Culture)
Better Is One Day Medley
We Praise Your Name
Fall In This Place
Nothing But the Blood (Jesus Culture)
I Will Bless the Lord (Mary Alessi)
-Alexander Den Heijer-

mini

DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

MsJennJenn

I'm actually going a little old school for one of the songs...

Thinking of doing "There's Just Something About that Name" (CNFI version) and going straight into Break Every Chain (Tasha Cobbs).
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Backseat Radio

My mind immediately went to the old hymn "Take The Name Of Jesus With You" ,but I doubt most Apostolic youth would know that one.  I love the message in that old hymn.

MsJennJenn

We've "youthed" up some of those old songs. Nothing But the Blood, I Exalt Thee. Jesus Culture has youthed some of them up. I love that they did that!
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Backseat Radio

Here's one of the few jazzed up Pentecostal renditions of the hymn I've heard

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3D-5ff_DpA8

I'm used to hearing it acapella since that's how we do it in my church.

Chseeads

Backseat Radio

My two favorite acappella albums talk a lot about Jesus  and his name.  Never get tired of songs that remind me of my savior and his love for me.

First one is the album "Before The Throne" by Rescue
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oL4fv7KyE4o

Second one is the album  "Praise and Harmony" by Keith Lancaster
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YybMLf8Qilk&list=PLB20F3AD250BE68F2

The Purple Fuzzy

Quote from: Chseeads on October 09, 2013, 05:31:31 PM
Weirdos.
Well, you DID say you were sick on FB... and you know John is always talking about those Chinese waitresses...

MsJennJenn

Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on October 09, 2013, 06:19:33 PM
Quote from: Chseeads on October 09, 2013, 05:31:31 PM
Weirdos.
Well, you DID say you were sick on FB... and you know John is always talking about those Chinese waitresses...

She only speaks the truth.  :nono:
-Alexander Den Heijer-

The Purple Fuzzy

Please pray for my step dad. He fell & Fractured his hip. He has Parkinson's bad.

Roscoe

Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on October 10, 2013, 02:28:25 AM
Please pray for my step dad. He fell & Fractured his hip. He has Parkinson's bad.
Will pray,Rats Nest.. :P
Morning all. Am back at work  on my friday- thank God. I need a weekend. :lol: Had an unusual service last night- lots of music, five different ministers spoke briefly and the power of God moved.  I spoke briefly on our heritage. And that's sharing a la Roscoe. :P
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

mini

DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

The Purple Fuzzy

MelodyB

Yall pray I get a job and QUICK!!! We need money so I can get out of here.

:frustrated: