News:

Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

Pile a few more beans on your plate...second helpings abound in SHARING 4-7-8!

Started by MelodyB, January 27, 2013, 01:21:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Melody

Well, that's no fun. 

My sister & I were talking last week about entering a location.  As a marine she automatically identifies ecape routes & potential.things to use for a weapon.  We laughed cause i said at the slightest bit of tornado weather, we both identify cover & safe spots along the road we could get quickly to. We thought it might be a midwest thing but you guys probably do that too?

mini

Not really.  We usually just grab our cell phones and video tornados.
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

The Purple Fuzzy

Lynx

I've never even seen a tornado, and that's not fair because people keep saying this is Tornado Alley...
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Melody

In TN? 

I've never heard that, only that KS & OK are. 

How many have yo seen mini?

Lynx

Well whenever I list all the things I like about living here in Tennessee people say "Yeah, but you have to deal with tornadoes."  Nope, never seen one.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

mini

Quote from: MellowYellow on January 28, 2013, 08:01:30 PM
In TN? 

I've never heard that, only that KS & OK are. 

How many have yo seen mini?

A few.  I lived through one.  Destroyed my town.  Ill never forget it, and I was only 6 or so at the time.
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Chseeads

Chseeads

Roscoe

Tornados are awesome, wild, and scary....We get them through here frequently, but fortunantly I haven't been hit personally.A couple years ago we had one come through a mile or so west of us... I'm a bit of a storm nut, so I'm usually out watching them. Very beautiful. They do strange things though.
I had a good friend who I worked with years ago whose house was hit in the big storms of '96,'97?-I think- in Beebe. Tornado took the roof off of his house, picked up his new Corvette and broke it in two, leaving half of it three blocks away. The rest of it he never saw again. The wild part- he had a 1950's Harley he'd completely restored parked next to the Corvette, not five feet away. It didn't so much as scratch the bike. Didn't even knock it over. It picked up his beat up Chevelle and carried it a block away and set it down. No damage at all... Weird.
And in sharing- I am dreading tomorrow. Jeb Bush, former Florida Governor is going to be at the Capitol, with about a thousand close friends. Yeah, I'm gonna have fun.  :smirk2:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Heather

I survived my birthday and it was excellent! Let's hope the decade in my 20's of crappy birthdays is officially over.

Work today was interesting. Got to work in the back half the day because the other Heather called in. 1 of my favorite patients was put down though. She was a 13 year old lab with a GIANT tumor. Also 1 of our other long time patients [also 13 year old lab] we found lymphoma during an ultrasound  :( They are gonna come back in Wednesday to let her go.
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

SippinTea

I'm glad this year was a much better birthday, Heather! :thumbsup2:

Got a bunch of stuff cleaned out of the garage today. You'd almost think it was spring or something. But it's not. 'Cause it was FREEZING in the garage, and I won't be surprised if we get snow this week. *lol*

:beret:
"Not everything that is of God is easy." -Elona

"When you're wildly in love with someone, it changes everything." -F. Chan

"A real live hug anytime you want it is priceless." -Rachel

Chseeads

Lynx

"Do you sing at church?"

sunlight

:randomly sings: I will bless thee ohh lord, I will bless thee ohh lord....with a heart of thanksgiving, I will bless thee ohh lord.
  :attackhug: Be full of hugs!

MelodyB

I love when Chel randomly bursts into song. It's one of the things I love best about her. She has a beautiful voice and it's always singing praises to God.

* MelodyB *HUGS* Chel.

I miss you.
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

sunlight

:attackhug: Be full of hugs!

Melody

awww... Sweet posts to see first thing in the morning.  ♥

It's a lovely storming day here.  About 65° out and nothing would be more suitable than a cup of tea.

angel

My hubby's nickname is shep and that would make me ladyshep. :)

Chseeads

The Purple Fuzzy

angel

My hubby's nickname is shep and that would make me ladyshep. :)

Lynx

Quote from: MelodyB on January 29, 2013, 11:39:11 AM
I love when Chel randomly bursts into song. It's one of the things I love best about her. She has a beautiful voice and it's always singing praises to God.

* MelodyB *HUGS* Chel.

I miss you.
No fair! We never heard her sing.  :demand:
"Do you sing at church?"

Lynx

Speaking of music... despite the hectic pace at work last night, I got all my new CDs sorted out.  Some good music in there. 
"Do you sing at church?"