News:

:teeth: To crack the Top 10 posters, you must have over 11,000 posts. :teeth:

Main Menu

Pile a few more beans on your plate...second helpings abound in SHARING 4-7-8!

Started by MelodyB, January 27, 2013, 01:21:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chseeads

Cat napped.

Went to church at Sanders.  Then from there went to church at Soul's Harbor.

Home.

Yadda yadda.

Melody

Oh my.  W.Huntley tore it up and ran me over.. lol  Is that how you all say it?  Such good stuff.

Praise be, our DF is over.  Is that ok to have a fast ending be bitter sweet?  lol  I about ate a whole cow today.  Actually I had 2 chicken legs, tea, piece of a roll, rasberry lemonade, 2 bites of ice cream, coffee with cream and sugar.  After all of the salad, green beans and roasted brussel sprouts.

Which by the way:  We hated brussel sprouts.  I pretty much traumatized us all by making them a time or two a few years ago.  Dissatisfied with that and coming across a recipe that calls for roasting them with bacon, pepper and garlic, I decided to try them again.  The recipe said that over cooking them causes bitterness.  That got my attention.  I'm sure I overcooked them, so I needed to give it another shot.  Only this time, fresh instead of frozen.

First I just ate a raw one.  What is the stinking big deal? They tasted like cabbage. Which we love with bacon!  So I roast them and sure enough.  I have a new food I like.  The family said they weren't a new favorite but we should eat them periodically cause they were good.  I'm so glad for whatever bit of tenacity the Lord gave me.  I'm glad we tried them again, a new way. :)

Chseeads

MelodyB

Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Melody

I wouldn't go that far. 

I can't see or hear the word "far" now without thinking "Lord Jesus it's a fire."  Lol

Chseeads

Chseeads

Chseeads

Quote from: MellowYellow on January 28, 2013, 05:38:32 AM
Quote from: Chseeads on January 28, 2013, 05:28:01 AM"Farr" is how I say "fire" too.

Nu uh.  I don't believe you.  Lol

It's true. 

If it has an "-ire" sound at the end, it becomes "-arr."  If it has a "-ow" sound at the end it becomes "-er."  (as in the word 'window')

It can depend on the context and sentence structure as to how it comes out, but that is my natural way of speech.

Chseeads

MelodyB

She is gonna want you to video yourself talking and Youtube it. You better hide.

sunlight

:attackhug: Be full of hugs!

Chseeads

Quote from: MelodyB on January 28, 2013, 06:18:06 AM
She is gonna want you to video yourself talking and Youtube it. You better hide.

I'll just let the wonder gnaw away at her soul.  :hypocrite:

I just woke from a bizarre dream.  :freaky:

It started out being at a church, or something to that effect....  And I went out into the foyer area for something.  Kinda had to do with some woman with a kid that was out in the hall or some such....  That part was fuzzy and weird.  But the thing about this part that was more specific was I had these funky shoes on.  Like dress shoes that were like red and black and white or some craziness.  And I had had them off, and when I kept trying to put them back on, the back of the left one was just not fitting right.  My foot wouldn't go down in it right, and it was crumpled up, it was just weird. 

I end up going out into this hallway and the details of people coming and going are fuzzy here again, but this stinkin' shoe just ain't fittin' when I'm trying to get it on and walk in it still.  And I think basically maybe then at this point I also needed to go to the bathroom.  So I step into the men's room, which is this big crazy looking long room, and there is this other guy that has went in there ahead of me and I think he's all talking and carrying on or something.  And I stop near the door and dig around at this shoe again, and discover that there is a piece of wood, wedge type doorstop under the back of the insole.  And I think to myself how that must've got under there when I had my shoe off by a door earlier, yadda yadda.  Anyways, I take that out and my shoe is okay now. 

So then I had to go to the bathroom, and at this point the room had kind of changed and it's not as big as it was before.  But there's like 4 urinals and a couple of them are blocked off and the 2 open ones are like decorated up with this weird inexplicable crud. lol  So I am attempting to go to the bathroom and so is this other guy at the two open ones....  I don't know if it was the same guy from before or not, that's a bit fuzzy.

But anyways, as I am attempting to go to the bathroom, this little old lady walks in, and she turns around like to not look at us, and I'm like, Get out of here!  And she rifles through her bag and pulls out a couple folded papers, and she comes up to the other guy and lays a paper up on top of the urinal and says whatever to him about it, and then is like peeping tom-ing at him and I am feeling quite incredulous at her, and then she does the same thing to me and I told her I didn't want her stupid paper and yadda yadda. 

So then I follow her out of the room after that about to put a beat down on her, giving her the what for and pushed her from behind and whatever and she's just making her way out.  And at this point it's like we are in a college dorm type setting.  And I pick up this emergency phone on the wall because I wanted to report her to security.  Well nobody answers, the phone just makes this weird beeping noise, but in a few a bunch of college kids, some boys and girls that are like like students in charge or whatever show up, but they're like all incredulous that I didn't have an emergency but I was telling them and pointing out the pervy old lady.  And how that that paper she left us had something to do with something she was wanting, the details are fuzzy, but it's kind of like almost this drug or some kind of stuff she was trying to get which had this inexplicable tie to something else in the plot.

So then I end up back in a room with some other kids, not sure if it was any of the same ones as showed up on the "rescue squad" or not, but I am trying to rehearse to them what all had just transpired.  And I'm going through the story and another guy is chiming in, it's kinda like he is the other guy that was using the bathroom, but that's a bit fuzzy as well.  And he is talking about frying chicken and the grease he used and some kind of crazy stuff that didn't pertain to my harrowing tale of violation. lol 

Then Sis. Killmon and Joy McGarr come in, and I'm finishing telling the story and telling them I'll explain the first part that they missed in a minute. 

And then I woke up.   

And I needed to pee.  And there was an infomercial on TV about a convection cooktop...which is probably where I subconsciously picked up the part about frying stuff and grease that worked itself into the storyline. 

The end. 

:smirk2:

sunlight

:attackhug: Be full of hugs!

Roscoe

And there, folks, is a glimpse into the workings of a small but truly warped mind... :P

Cheesehead, you might not be a total yankee....anybody that pronounces "window" as "winder" is aight wit me..... :lol:

And Lord, I am back at work. Had a massive headache most of the day yesterday and went directly to church from work, cause if I'd gone home, I'd never have left. Was made to feel even worse when I discovered 1) Bro Papa felt like crud and 2) he claimed he'd texted me about preaching Sunday night, a text I never got because of AT&T and their wonderful service... and 3) All notes, ect. I had were at home. He preached an awesome message he had laying around about the "thief of prayer"...basically how the devil will steal any prayer time you have scheduled if you let him.. good message. And thank God the headache is absent this morning.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

mini

I texted four folks a great quote I found, and my phone decided I was sending way to many texts and shut down all text services.  And I think Roscoe is ignoring me today... :ugly:
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

MelodyB

Melody

Quote from: MelodyB on January 28, 2013, 06:18:06 AMvideo yourself talking and Youtube it.

GREAT IDEA MEL.

:goodmod:

It's supposed to get to 70° today!!! In January!  Craziness. I think we'll wash the car & the outside of windows.  We get to open the windows!  Well, as long as it doesn't rain.  Which, I haven't seen the sun yet.

The Purple Fuzzy

mini

Its 70 here already.  Supposed to be nearly 80 here by this afternoon.  Then big thunderboomers here tomorrow.
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

MsJennJenn

Quote from: minnesota68 on January 28, 2013, 02:40:04 PM
Its 70 here already.  Supposed to be nearly 80 here by this afternoon.  Then big thunderboomers here tomorrow.

Same here. It's cloudy. And a warm 70 degrees already by 9am. lol
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Chseeads

Lynx

Quote from: sunlight on January 28, 2013, 06:22:39 AM
:evilgrin: I am evil! Bwahahahaha! :plots:
Take it from me, she ain't kidding.  She can be very evil when she wants to be.   :roll:
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Lynx

In other news, after spending the night at her daughter's house for the last three nights running, Grandma finally came home.  She was here when I got up.  I came downstairs, acted like I was startled to see her there, and said, "Oh... oh yeah, you're that lady that used to live here.  Let's see, your name is..."

In other, other news, during my trip to Jackson to get a wireless hotspot that I can take anywhere, I found two thrift stores.  So now I have yet another stack of CDs to sort through.  :D
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

The Purple Fuzzy

Quote from: minnesota68 on January 28, 2013, 02:40:04 PM
Yes, they say we will have "severe weather" tomorrow.