News:

What happens if you get scared half to death twice? -Steven Wright

Main Menu

We now have a gate to fix, because of Isaac's driving in Sharing 4-7-6.

Started by Roscoe, December 28, 2012, 04:11:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lynx

Roscoe:  What, I'm supposed to be able to read your mind now?  It's not MY fault you forgot to put the "idiot" in your intended "idiot savant."  All you mentioned was "savant" which is just what that definition I posted said it is.   :cool:

And back to the original topic of my capes being avant-garde, I've been getting compliments on the black one all day. 

Why have I got no compliments on the tan one?  Because I wasn't wearing it. 
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

MsJennJenn

I smote Roscoe for all the above comments.

Sneezing away at this place I call work.
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Roscoe

Bah. A pox on all of ya. Smiting is too good for ya.And Isaac you should know me will enough to finish my thought. You know it will never be flattering. :lol:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Lynx

"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

angel

It is 17 degrees here. Will have windchills of 25 below tonight I hear. It is winter all right.
My hubby's nickname is shep and that would make me ladyshep. :)

The Purple Fuzzy

Lynx

And here I am frittering away the last day of it, because this is the third day of my vacation that I have had nothing at all to do and I am actually kind of enjoying it. 

So... any new year's resolutions from anyone?

My resolution is to not make any resolutions.  Which breaks itself by definition.  So with that out of the way, I can enjoy New Year's Eve.   :cool:
"Do you sing at church?"

Melody

Seth those are sweet pictures.  I wish snow was made of something else and that all the work and cold didn't come with the beauty of it.

Right now it is snowing the biggest snowflakes.  Looks like a snowglobe outside.  One thing about snow like this is it makes it VERY quiet outside.  Sometimes deafening quiet. Pretty neat.

I tried to get a video of it this morning.  It wasn't sticking to my hand.  It's actually not very cold out (36°) so I don't think much of this will stick. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e_ET3Rr_-nw

The Purple Fuzzy

My New Years resolution is to remember to write 2013 instead of 2012 as the date. ;)

Lynx

What I like is when it's so quiet and the snow is falling so hard you can hear it falling. 
"Do you sing at church?"

MelodyB

Why is it quiet? It doesn't sound like rain?

I'm dressed and ready to go. We are supposed to be shopping today. Kendall was dropped off at work so we have the vehicle today! I'm ready to get out of the house!
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Melody

The snow falling acts like a buffer.  Kind of like how when they put those giant pad things on the walls in sanctuaries, it eliminates the echo.  So you can only hear what is right next to you, almost like a recording studio.  Which is very amazing cause you're outside in this big giant area and it's so quiet as if you are the only thing alive.. lol  It doesn't sound like rain.  It sounds like... maybe like tiny bits of tissue paper landing on carpet? 

Lynx

Quote from: MelodyB on December 31, 2012, 05:46:26 PM
Why is it quiet? It doesn't sound like rain?

I'm dressed and ready to go. We are supposed to be shopping today. Kendall was dropped off at work so we have the vehicle today! I'm ready to get out of the house!
Vacation got old?  I thought you'd still be behind on sleep and trying to catch up. 

Tiny bits of tissue paper landing on carpet is closer than anything I was able to think of.  We'll go with that.  Lots and lots of them, endlessly, quietly hitting the carpet, making a really soft patter.
"Do you sing at church?"

Lynx

In other news, how do I get my friends to stop buying junk computers from Wal-Mart?  You know the kind - really glossy surface, really cheap plastic feel, usually HP or Toshiba or Acer, breaks down in about a year and a half or two years.  Which is where I come in... they bring them to me and ask me to fix them.  Sorry, I can't fix junk, and if I could it would just break down somewhere else in a couple more months. 

All I could do for this laptop a friend gave me last night, is retrieve some pictures he had on his hard drive.  *sigh*
"Do you sing at church?"

angel

My hubby's nickname is shep and that would make me ladyshep. :)

Lynx

Well, every ThinkPad I've ever bought (all of them pre-owned except for one) is still running strong.  Even the DVD bay, which I usually burn out through overuse on other computers.  And for all the limitations of Macs, they do last a good long time.
"Do you sing at church?"

Lynx

For all intents and purposes my record player is currently unusable. 

More than a year ago the right channel stopped working.  I took it apart and found someone was really lazy about soldering connections, so I had to repair it, but the repair was unstable and I knew it wouldn't last forever.  Now it is distorted and I can't really fix it this time.

What am I going to do with all these records I have yet to run? 
"Do you sing at church?"

MsJennJenn

"When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Lynx

Had I the money, I would.  I identified some I would love to have two days ago.  Great sound quality, from what I can find of reviews for them.  Alas, I must wait.

Oh well, I can get a lot of these cassettes run off in the meantime.
"Do you sing at church?"

Melody

I used to have an old record player.  It was built with big speakers under it.  It needed some hardward of some sort and I found Radio Shack both knew what to do and could order the item.  It wasn't expensive at all.  Don't know if that'd help but if you just need a new section, you might find it somewhere?

Lynx

It won't work with this one, but thank you.  The problem here is there are four wires that go from the needle, through the tone arm, to the record player base - two wires for each channel, one signal and one ground wire.   They were connected very weakly to the pins that contact the cartridge head.  More than a year ago the right channel connection broke and I had to resolder it.  Now it's out again and this time I can't fix it. 

I'm looking at a player on ebay for about $20... says it works, but the headshell is broken, which is no biggie for me because I use an after-market headshell anyway.  I can't call them to make sure it still turns and ask if the platter is balanced right though, as this is New Year's Eve, and the auction is over in about 7 hours.
"Do you sing at church?"

Lynx

Well cancel that... the price just shot up like a rocket.  Somebody seems to know something.  Usually the price doesn't jump like that until the last 45 seconds.
"Do you sing at church?"

Melody

Bah, party canceled.   

The snow is back to slow fat flakes too.  I'm looking at them &they are bigger than teaspoon size.

Chseeads

Went to town and got an oil change in the car and such.  They cheated me and charged me for a tire rotation that should be free cause I got the tires there.  They've tried that junk on me before....  I thought it was high when I paid, but I didn't say anything at the moment, but I called them back in a few after I left and asked about it.  They're supposed to credit my reward card for the difference.  :-?

Went to a few stores and got groceries and came home and sold a few chickens and moved hay and tended fowl. 

And here I be.

It snowed here again too.  It's wet and slushy and crud.

Roscoe

Home. Rainy here. Hope it doesn't get below freezing tonight or I will have fun getting to work in the morning. Listening to my new Gene Watson Gospel Cd. Lou didn't kill me, in fact she seems to like it. Me, I'm enjoying it immensly. "Before the Hammer could Ring"...I like that song...alot.
And I have been studying for another of my old hobbies....ham radio. Yes, I know, laugh it up. Too many puns there for you to pass it up, I know. But soon I shall be licensed ham... :P
And I need to study for church Wednesday night. Man. And I just want my recliner and a sandwich right now. Lazyness, thy name is Bob.  :biglaugh:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison