News:

:teeth: To crack the Top 10 posters, you must have over 11,000 posts. :teeth:

Main Menu

We now have a gate to fix, because of Isaac's driving in Sharing 4-7-6.

Started by Roscoe, December 28, 2012, 04:11:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roscoe

Hey! Who smote me again? And again. That ain't nice. Y'all are hurtin' my feewings... :cry:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Chseeads

And speaking of trucks, my Trailblazer won't start...I think it needs a new ignition switch...it seems to have a short in it....it's had a few weird issues the last couple months....  It was replaced once a couple years or so ago.  Of course when it snows a foot is when it won't run, when you might actually want 4 wheel drive for something... :roll:  But my Corolla is a trooper.

SippinTea

"Not everything that is of God is easy." -Elona

"When you're wildly in love with someone, it changes everything." -F. Chan

"A real live hug anytime you want it is priceless." -Rachel

MelodyB

Hello.

Had a really bad painful night last night with pain in my abdomen. Ran a high fever. I was hurting so much that Donna made me sleep with Jessica's baby monitor on so they could hear me if I needed them. Pain subsided and my fever broke around 4am, and today I was fine. Slept till almost noon, then we went to town for the rest of the day. Came back, ate dinner, played games, watched funny YouTube vids, and now everyone is headed to bed. That's where I'm at now, and I'm FREEZING!

So gonna snuggle down and go to sleep now.

Night!
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

MelodyB

And I smote you too...I was following Rubys example. :hypocrite:

And I smote Seth just for good measure. ;)

Lynx

I smote thee not at all.  I only smite the ones who have admitted they were smiting me regularly.  And I haven't done that very often, because I don't usually remember to.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Melody

It's an exciting 28° right now.  Where is Mel again that she is so freezing?

I can never remember to bless or smite until someone brings it up. Then I always bless Seth cause his #s are always so uneven... lol

Roscoe

Quote from: MellowYellow on December 30, 2012, 03:29:00 PM
It's an exciting 28° right now.  Where is Mel again that she is so freezing?

I can never remember to bless or smite until someone brings it up. Then I always bless Seth cause his #s are always so uneven... lol
Well...bless me. Please? I've been fairly successful at staying even and now it's all cattywampus. For no good reason I might add, other than vengefulness, which is a sin I might remind y'all.  :hypocrite:
And Mel- is in FLORIDA. Therefore, no whining about cold from her is allowed.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Melody

Why certainly I'll contribute to your numbers.   :hypocrite:  ah, you know we all adore ya.

We have been all around sickies since last weekend.  It's finally snagged Hannah. The girl who eats the most junk the moment she gets the chance... lol

So I'm missing church.  :-(

MelodyB

It was like 29 last night...low 40s today. Florida or not, its still cold! The humidity here makes it colder. So y'all can just hush!

MelodyB

Lynx

Today was cloak day or something.  I decided about 20 minutes before I left the house that I would wear my black cloak.  (I discovered it's not technically a cape, it's a cloak.)  When I was on my way to get it I saw Grandma had her waist-length black cape out.  Then at church, Sis. Miranda showed up in a grey cloak.  Either someone has been reading minds or I was just ahead of the times when I got my cloaks last year.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

Melody

Mel, I think anything under 65° is cold pretty much.  I have to try and forgive God every winter... lol  I wonder to this day if standing outside waiting for the school bus in skirts, bobby socks and cheap canvas shoes messed my body up.  My feet would be in pain by time I got on the bus.  I remember the skin on my legs and face stung.  To this day I feel the cold all the way down to my bones, active or not, regardless of my weight. 

Lynx

Aaaaaaaaand... a friend in Ohio said her mother got her a cape this Christmas. 

I'm so avant-garde.  :)
"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

Quote from: Psalm_97 on December 30, 2012, 08:21:34 PM
Aaaaaaaaand... a friend in Ohio said her mother got her a cape this Christmas. 

I'm so avant-garde.  :)
"S"avant.....Funny how one letter changes the meaning... :P

Lynx

And what's wrong with being a savant? 

sa·vant
[sa-vahnt, sav-uh nt; French sa-vahn]
noun, plural sa·vants [sa-vahnts, sav-uh nts; French sa-vahn]
a person of profound or extensive learning; learned scholar.

Thankee kindly Roscoe.  :smug:
"Do you sing at church?"

mini

Merning everyone.  I had a great few days.  Busy!

Wednesday a evangelist friend preached, then we went out to eat with them.  Out till midnight or so.  Thursday, Holiday Youth Convention.  I was up at 6, and in bed at 2:00 am Friday morning.  I had perzactly :37 minutes of sleep and the stupid alarm went off...LOL  Friday was going strong all the way till...wait for it...2 am Saturday morning.  I did manage to get 6 hours of sleep though.  Saturday night, I was in bed by 8 pm.

But...2 of my bus kids got the Holy Ghost!!!!!!!!!

DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Heather

Another day at the Fireworks Superstore. Longer than planned due to one of our ladies being unable to get out of her house due to snow. We had an inch at my house, around 2.5 in at the church, but nothing where the store is. Our area is so weird for things like that. I blame the mountains.

Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

Roscoe

Quote from: Psalm_97 on December 30, 2012, 08:59:45 PM
And what's wrong with being a savant? 

sa·vant
[sa-vahnt, sav-uh nt; French sa-vahn]
noun, plural sa·vants [sa-vahnts, sav-uh nts; French sa-vahn]
a person of profound or extensive learning; learned scholar.

Thankee kindly Roscoe.  :smug:
SO not what I was going towards, and you know it! :pound:
This was more the definition of the descriptive as I was using it..."The term idiot savant (French for "learned idiot" or "knowledgeable idiot") was first used to describe the condition in 1887 by John Langdon Down, who is known for his description of Down Syndrome. "
:P :laughhard:
Quote from: minnesota68 on December 30, 2012, 10:52:19 PM
Merning everyone.  I had a great few days.  Busy!

Wednesday a evangelist friend preached, then we went out to eat with them.  Out till midnight or so.  Thursday, Holiday Youth Convention.  I was up at 6, and in bed at 2:00 am Friday morning.  I had perzactly :37 minutes of sleep and the stupid alarm went off...LOL  Friday was going strong all the way till...wait for it...2 am Saturday morning.  I did manage to get 6 hours of sleep though.  Saturday night, I was in bed by 8 pm.

But...2 of my bus kids got the Holy Ghost!!!!!!!!!

Terrific!!

Heather

Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

Roscoe

Quote from: HeatherB on December 31, 2012, 01:40:39 AM
Roscoe, I smote you again for whining about being smoted  :cool:
:cry: :cry2: :cry2:

:pound: :pound: "smite"

Quote from: Chseeads on December 30, 2012, 03:05:28 AM
  But my Corolla is a trooper.
And reaching back to address something I meant to earlier-Cheese, you idiot. A trooper is an SUV made by Isuzu. A Corolla is a tiny little car made by Toyota. No resemblence at all.  :roll: Only a Yankee would think otherwise. That be like me tellin mini that my Corvette was a heckuva Mustang.  :P

Melody

*giggle*

That is wonderful, Jeremy!! 

Quiet night at home.  Hannah's fighting a sickie bug of some sort.  Anything longer than 24hrs and I'm practically militant about getting it out of the house.  So, everything is sanitized and the holiday junk food is cleared out and it's time to get back on track... lol

Roscoe

Quote from: MellowYellow on December 31, 2012, 01:54:17 AM
*giggle*
And while I'm preaching on others' faults- Herb Girl, obviously you don't follow God's word, specifically Matthew 7:8-10
" For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened.

9 Or what man is there of you, whom if his son ask bread, will he give him a stone?

10 Or if he ask a fish, will he give him a serpent?

11 If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children, how much more shall your Father which is in heaven give good things to them that ask him?"

I am, of course, referring to me begging for bread and fish in the form of blessings, and YOU giving me stones and serpents in the form of smitings.  :hypocrite:
I shall console myself with the fact that the Bible calls you evil .( See verse 11)
:hypocrite: :hypocrite:

Chseeads

Went to church, came home.  Went to church at Orleans.  Was gonna go to church at Sanders but they didn't have it, don't know if they cancelled tonight to have a watch service tomorrow or what was the deal....  Long story short, finally ended up going to 11th Street. 

Anyhoo.

I'm home and such.

Chseeads