News:

You can reach your profile and change its settings here.

Main Menu

We now have a gate to fix, because of Isaac's driving in Sharing 4-7-6.

Started by Roscoe, December 28, 2012, 04:11:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roscoe

Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

The Purple Fuzzy

Lynx

"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Roscoe

I couldn't resist..... :laughhard:
Quote from: Psalm_97 on December 28, 2012, 04:17:32 PM
That's it, no more bread for you.   :nono:
That is unkind. But at least I don't have to worry about my gates should you choose to hand deliver it.. :hypocrite:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Lynx

For that, I'll make a special trip down there just to hit them.  :P
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

Roscoe

Quote from: Psalm_97 on December 28, 2012, 04:20:34 PM
For that, I'll make a special trip down there just to hit them.  :P
Well, at least I found a way to make you visit me. :P

SippinTea

"Not everything that is of God is easy." -Elona

"When you're wildly in love with someone, it changes everything." -F. Chan

"A real live hug anytime you want it is priceless." -Rachel

kkay

Still nada here at work. I've officially been doing nothing for...5 hours and 41 minutes.
Only 2 hours and 19 minutes to go! Then all I can do is check the system when I get home. If it's not working still, I give up.

Isaac - you should feel honored. Not many get a sharing thread named after them ;)

The Purple Fuzzy

Lynx

A rare occurrence indeed.  I need to start a class here in my town on how to spell Isaac.  Wouldn't cost much for classroom materials, just keep a Bible for reference.  That's how it is spelled there.
"Do you sing at church?"

kkay

The Purple Fuzzy

Folks seem to have a hard time spelling Rachel also.  Seems like they want to put an extra "A" and spell it Rachael or something.

kkay

Ok, my phone's been going nuts today. First, I get a phantom voicemail saying I've won a 7 day cruise...now a restricted call goes right to voicemail..and same voicemail is left. :smirk2:

Lynx

Well, maybe you really have won!  :D

And yeah, ministers always seem to know how to spell my name for some reason.... Maybe that means more saints oughta be reading the Bible more.
"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

Quote from: kkay on December 28, 2012, 07:00:30 PM
That's the only reason Roscoe knew how to spell it :hypocrite:
:pound: Actually, spelling is usually one of my fortes...if you catch a miss-spelling in my postings it is usually because I got in a hurry or spell check thought it knew better than I.  :P
Math though- well, if you look at the heading where Fuzzy Beast quoted my first post, you will see that she replied before I caught my addition mistake. :laughhard:

And my English ain't that gooder either. :P

kkay

Nah, don't think I won anything.

Roscoe - I tend to misspell simple things then hit myself in the head later for forgetting how to spell it.

And...the system is up! Well, partially at least. I got into maybe 10 claims. Still have a ton to do once everything is working again.

Roscoe

Quote from: kkay on December 28, 2012, 07:46:06 PM
Nah, don't think I won anything.

Roscoe - I tend to misspell simple things then hit myself in the head later for forgetting how to spell it.

And...the system is up! Well, partially at least. I got into maybe 10 claims. Still have a ton to do once everything is working again.
Good. You need to work.  :P
And there for a while I got a ton of calls saying I'd won a cruise. They usually started with the sound of a ship's horn blasting  in my ear, then- "this is your captain speaking.." what moron thought that was a good idea to win someone's business?  You blast a horn in my ear, I'm gonna come looking for you and it won't be to buy anything....

Lynx

Good thing you're not around here.  We draw names at church for the kids, to buy presents.  Some fool idjit drew little Bro. Jacob's name and got him an air horn.  An AIR HORN!  The kind you use out on the river to signal tugboats or something.  You don't get that for a boy, he has nothing to do with it EXCEPT misuse it.  I asked his mother how much she would pay me to make it disappear.  She said no, but I noticed she had to think about it before she refused the offer.
"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

Ouch. There was a pickup here locally that had a train horn hooked up on it according to the owner. It was loud enough for that to be true. I've saw people cut him off and need to go home to change clothes after he expressed his displeasure by blowing it. :laughhard:

kkay

Our church got one of my nephews a toy that makes noise like a horn. Definitely not a good idea.

And...everything's working now! :clap: Good thing I usually get all my work done in an hour anyway :hypocrite:

The Purple Fuzzy

SippinTea

*cheers with PF* Yay for getting off early! :bigcheese:

Speaking of silly things to give kids... one year an uncle gave ALL the little boy cousins homemade drums for Christmas. :o The drums were cool. The drumming was not. :o Think lots of little boys (my dad's side of the family has a ridiculous number of cousins) and one living full of boys drumming. :o

:beret:
"Not everything that is of God is easy." -Elona

"When you're wildly in love with someone, it changes everything." -F. Chan

"A real live hug anytime you want it is priceless." -Rachel

Chseeads

Went to work, came home.  Oh, the public.  What an interesting place.

And it's sposed to snow some again.....good grief. 

Heather

Work today was challenging. The boss's step child think she runs the place and had a horrible attitude with everyone [customer's included] today. Thankfully I don't have to work directly with her again until Tuesday after next [almost a week and half]. Woot!!

The next 2 days I'll be working at the Fireworks Superstore for a fundraiser for church. [The smaller church in VA I've been visiting.] We'll raise close to 5,000 and no fireworks tent!!!! YAY!!!!

My cold has also seemed to forgiven me and I can now breath through my nose again.  :thumbsup2:
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

Lynx

"Do you sing at church?"