News:

Is the forum a bit confusing for you? Are there some features you're not sure how to use? Check out this help topic!

Main Menu

We got a divorce and he left me behind...sadly SHARING in 4-7-5.

Started by MelodyB, December 13, 2012, 12:26:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chseeads

Old Steve Camp was a merry old champ, and a merry old champ was he....

:smirk2:

Lynx

"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Lynx

This is nuts!  These Steve Camp albums my mother played when I was a kid.  I haven't heard them in more than 20 years.  I remember almost all the words to all the songs on two albums...

I can't decide if this is good (I have a good memory) or bad (I'm a hopeless music nerd.)
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

SippinTea

I woke up humming an old Evie song the other morning. And it was FIRMLY stuck in my head, so I'd apparently been dreaming in song, too. *lol* Like you said, it was one of those from an old record I'd heard as a little girl, and I still knew almost all the words. And since I don't really have a good memory, I'm assuming I'm just a hopeless music nerd. :P

:beret:
"Not everything that is of God is easy." -Elona

"When you're wildly in love with someone, it changes everything." -F. Chan

"A real live hug anytime you want it is priceless." -Rachel

Melody

There's a fun game for music nerds I played once.  The referee declares a word and the teams go back and forth singing a line of a song that has that word.  We played it both for general and church songs. The last one to have a song line gets the point.  It got hilarious!

*sigh*  I am trying to build my dad's side of my family tree and pretty much to little avail.  Since he was an orphan, we have virtually no information.  When promising info seems to come up, I don't know whether it's accurate or not.  I'm on ancestry.com but to get much info I have to pay and that is not in the budget.  My mother's sister had her DNA tested by them and it came back that she was 97% from the British Isles and 3% other.  Some ethnicity doesn't want to register their blood so they can't disclose what the "other" is.  So my mom's side is SUPER white... lol  I might get mine done except if the "other" is native American then I'm not going to get very far.  :(  There are SO many tribes.

I wonder if it is Native Americans, why they don't want people to be able to trace their heritage to them?  Unless it reveals where the natives really came from before America?

The Purple Fuzzy

Lynx

MellowYellow:  There is a board game called Symphony with that.  You roll dice, move your marker, draw a card that is the color of the square you land on, and think of every song you can that has that word in it.  8 words minimum per song, or it doesn't count.  We played it in 8th grade music class. 

I have been a music nerd since waaaaay back... everyone wanted me on their team.  The hard part was, the teacher kept having to say "Okay Isaac, that's enough" because I'd want to sing the whole verse and a chorus.  She kept having to cut me off.   :-\  "What?  It's a great song!"
"Do you sing at church?"

Chseeads

w2cch, yadda yadda.

Random observation on something I read about the school shootings....

I read one article about one of the teachers that hid her class in a bathroom....

She said she thought they were all going to die.  One of the quotes mentioned that she told the kids that if they believed in prayer, to pray, and if they didn't to think happy thoughts.

Now, I don't know what exactly was going through her mind in that statement, but when I read that, it bugs me that we have to be sooooooooooooooo politically correct that even while we are hiding and fearing our imminent death at the hands of crazed killer, we have to not offend someone's sensibilities religiously.

Dear Lord, if I was in that case, I'm afraid I'd have to just say, "pray kids!"  and leave it at that, whether anybody liked it or not. 

If she had only told the kids "pray," and not made a disclaimer for those that didn't believe in it, it would not surprise me one bit if before the victims of this horrible crime were even in the grave, that some knit wit parent, who should be thanking God their child made it out alive, would be crying lawsuit because of the mention of prayer.....

It just troubles me that this nation is so stupid about that kind of thing.

It just makes me wonder if that need to be politically correct was so ingrained in the teacher that that was just the first thing to pop out of her mouth, or what.... 

I dunno.  That just bugs me. 

And I wanted to share with you all.  :P

Merry Christmas.

SippinTea

Good rant, Cheesy. Really good rant.

After watching my brother going to school for his teaching degree, I'd venture to agree with your guess - that it was completely ingrained in her and she she would have responded that way out of habit. But even so.... yeah, how silly. I'd be with you... "pray, kids, PRAY!" and never mind what may or may not be said to me later.

:beret:
"Not everything that is of God is easy." -Elona

"When you're wildly in love with someone, it changes everything." -F. Chan

"A real live hug anytime you want it is priceless." -Rachel

Roscoe

Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

MelodyB

Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Lynx

Monday through Friday I work second shift.  Saturday I am off.  These six days of the week I don't even need an alarm clock.  But that last day of the week... sometimes it's a battle not to send it through the wall.  POW!
"Do you sing at church?"

Lynx

For the record, V8 Fusion smoothies are pretty good.  V8 Fusion is blech - sweetened with sucralose.  V8 smoothies are just fruit (and veggies) and they finally got it right. 

I found some at the salvage grocery and stocked up.  Think I'll try some oats blended in for a health shake breakfast.   :teeth:
"Do you sing at church?"

MelodyB

I made some iced coffee to sip on during sunday school. It is GOOD.
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

The Purple Fuzzy

Heather

checking in. still alive. trying to decide if i want to try to venture out of my drive way to church. they are logging in the woods behind the house and they have tore UP our driveway. i'm having brake issues and it's been told to me not to use my 4 wheel drive due to a boot issue on my one wheel. i may just do it anyway and see what happens.

Mike won't quit watching coverage on the CT shooting. It just really hurts my heart to keep going over it again and again. I've been walking around with my ipod and earbuds ALOT. Plus now Teresa is using the boys [Brandon's nephews] to manipulate Mike into giving her money. I want to punch that woman in the face....
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

Heather

made the decision. i am going to church tonight. i can't stay in this house all day.
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

Lynx

Well of course not.  After a few hours, even good earbuds can start hurting.  Then it's a choice between going or staying and listening to continuing coverage.   :updown:
"Do you sing at church?"

Melody

Excellent point Seth.  I listened the day of and not really since.  An acquaintance posted a really good point and I quickly had a better focus. 

The shooting in Ct absolutely horrendous. Heart goes out to families. But then I read about a man in China who attacked an elementary school kids w a knife and injured 20. Many critically. Then I read about a young woman kept as a sex slave in a trailer in Lebanon, MO for 6 years. She was a minor when it began. Then u read about how over 10,000 kids have become "orphans" or homeless w/o parents to care for them in eastern Kentucky due to abuse and overdose of prescription drugs. Read about a 19 yr old who raped an 11 yr old girl and molested another boy. The tragedies of this world are all around us. There is only one answer to it all. But too many have already rejected the answer before I can say it. But the answer is a surrendered heart to Jesus. It's too much to take in with out Him.

It's horrible, of it's own, and if it causes people to stop and take a step towards better things then the attention is not in vain.  I just wish people got this upset over the millions of abortions or all the other things just as horrible but not as sensationalized.

Melody

Today was a lovely day.  Started out as incredibly foggy.  Fog seems to make the world a little quieter I think.

The kids' Christmas program was both sweet and entertaining.  There's a few pictures on FB of Hannah who played a librarian, her first major speaking part.  She did well.   The choir/praise team did great, I absolutely love the camaraderie, it's so precious. Pastor preached a 15 min. sermon that was so very good.  It is a blessing beyond words to hear from God, to be learning to recognize the voice of God.  Ya realize God is always speaking, teaching, etc. 

Our OK friends came up to see family and we all went to eat afterward.  Good food, great fellowship!   The gals decided we needed another girls spa night.  We had one a few yrs. ago.  We made various homemade beauty recipes and tried them.  It was pretty hilarious. 

Chseeads

Went to church this morning, came home.  My sister asked me to go help her clean that apartment building, went with her and did that.  Came home and then went to church at Bro. Goddard's at Columbus.  Came home.  Eating a salad.

:smirk2:

Lynx

Sure am glad they chose THIS week to start the 2.5 weeks of no work.  Everyone is doing stuff this week.  The only day I won't have anything to do is... uh...

Hmm...

Thursday of next week, December 27th.  :D  That is, unless something comes up for that day before it gets here.
"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

Back at work. If I can make it through today and three more.....another weekend.  :clap: Had good church last night. Have had a situation in the teen class I sometimes teach that has been somewhat difficult. Without a lot of details, one of the boys is dating a girl from another faith, very much against the desires of his family and me, and I have had to be VERY careful to avoid offending and driving her off. Been rough on me, but I felt the Spirit check me....yesterday, we veered off the lesson at her instigation and I was able to address the "once saved always saved" issue, as well as some others that needed addressing, such as Acts 2:38. And then when preaching time came, Bro Papa preached nearly the same words I'd use- right down to the scripture.  :biglaugh:

Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Lynx

Quote from: Roscoe on December 16, 2012, 12:35:44 PM
Ugh.. Dear God, it is morning. :pound:
Happens to the best of us, man. 

In an effort to resync to normal people's days for the long vacation, I got little sleep Saturday night, ran on caffeine Sunday and got to bed at the astonishingly early hour of about 11pm.  So I woke up about 6am, ready to go.  And Ann and Ray (visiting family from Texas) and Grandma, who went to bed before I did, are still asleep.  It feels so weird being up before daylight, before everyone else. 
"Do you sing at church?"

Chseeads