News:

What happens if you get scared half to death twice? -Steven Wright

Main Menu

We got a divorce and he left me behind...sadly SHARING in 4-7-5.

Started by MelodyB, December 13, 2012, 12:26:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roscoe

I don't think they meant to enjoy it to the fullest the way you do, Birdbrain.  :P And "thy stomach's sake" shouldn't require it every night at bedtime- souse.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Chseeads

Roscoe

Quote from: Chseeads on December 15, 2012, 03:23:46 PM
Thou speakest what thou knowest not of.
:P  When the king James version english comes into play, I know I'm onto something.....time to bore down- thou sinner.  :P :biglaugh:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

MelodyB

Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Chseeads

Roscoe

Chseeads

Lynx

*Psalm_97 hiccups absently and looks around vaguely. 

Sheth, where'd you put the bottle?  Pash it over willya?
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Lynx

In news from this locale, we are done with work at the factory for the rest of the year.  Come back January 2nd.  "You don't have to go home, but you can't stay here." 

There are three people from 2nd shift who ran 3rd shift this week, for one week only.  Last night at our supper break, one of them showed up to chit-chat... because he had nothing better to do and was bored.  The night before that, when he was supposed to start 3rd shift at 10:30pm, he showed up somewhere around 9pm for the same reason - bored.  One of the other guys predicted that while we were all out of work, there would be a break-in report at the factory, and the cops would find him just walking the aisles, looking around wistfully. 

In the meantime I have 2.5 weeks of no work, and a few stacks of old records and cassettes to transcribe. 

Oh yeah, and GRANDMA'S COMING HOME TODAY!  About time!
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

Roscoe

I wish I had 2.5 weeks of no work. :smirk2:   It has turned into a decently pretty day of around 70 degrees with a bit of sun. Chey and I are about to go wander around the dirt roads in Rusty for a bit. thought about mixing up some dough and making some breakfast calzone/ hot pockets for the work week, but Lou has got the counters full of no bake cookies that she mixed up this a.m and is letting them set...
So no baking today. And I am out of money to work on things. Bah. Once again I wish I were wildly wealthy....

Lynx

Bah.  The laptop with the best sounding soundcard input, that I use to record audio from old records and cassettes, is more buggy than a New York low-rent high-rise.  It has Windows XP, but it's the Vista downgrade to XP, which is just as unstable as Vista.  Might just wipe everything out and install Linux. 

This has been Nerd Sharing for Saturday, December 15th. 
"Do you sing at church?"

Lynx

Roscoe:  What are you doing (besides your job) that is keeping you busy?  I could pop down and give you a hand.  I'm not a picky eater (just don't try to feed me fast food) and I don't eat a lot.   :teeth:
"Do you sing at church?"

Melody

I know I'm late on the vinegar/heart burn subject but I know it to be successful.  I've had friends with it and I have suggested they take about 2T of apple cider vinegar in a tall glass of water and it's worked every time, sometimes by the time they are done with the glass of water. I don't know the difference between acv vs. white, if there is any.  I know acv helps restore the balance of your digestion.  It has a ton of other applications too.  ick, I still cringe at the thought of the taste & smell  of it though.

I don't know the chemistry of it which helps me suggest things to people who are suspect of "all natural" remedies. So I looked it up!

Heartburn and acid indigestion are very common, affecting more than half of all Americans at least once a month. Most people choose to ease their suffering with various over-the-counter antacids, the worst treatment for heartburn or acid indigestion.

If the body is producing too much stomach acid, the body is having trouble digesting food. Neutralizing  or decreasing the stomach acid will cause the body to pass partially digested food through the digestive system where it will rot and feed parasites and yeast, causing long-term, serious health repercussions.  A study in Holland showed that people using acid suppressing drugs were four times more likely to develop pneumonia when compared to people who did not use those drugs.

Antacids are never good for your health (and the calcium antacids are a terrible source of calcium). There are easy, natural alternative treatments that work and work fast.

Common Causes of Heartburn

Chronic heartburn is a sign of poor health, which is a result of poor diet. When coffee, soda, dairy, fried foods, or refined foods like cereal or bread cause heartburn, your body is telling you to stop eating these foods.

Obesity can cause heartburn by causing the stomach and/or the esophagus to be squeezed out of its proper position, a condition called hiatal hernia. Pregnancy can also cause displacement. 
Smoking and overeating are also causal factors. Symptoms increase if you lie down immediately after a meal.

If you have chronic heartburn or acid indigestion, you need to change your lifestyle. Start with a healthy diet. Lose weight. Avoid trigger foods. Stop overeating. Stop smoking. Don't lie down right after you eat.  And don't practice yoga handstands on a full tummy either!

Why Does Apple Cider Vinegar Cure Heartburn?

Though vinegar is acidic, apple cider vinegar is alkaline-forming. It is an alkaline-ash food, which means if burned it would leave ash with an alkaline Ph. Though food is not "burned" within the body, alkaline-ash foods are generally alkaline forming.

The acid in apple cider vinegar is acetic acid, a weak acid. When it meets stomach acid (which is hydrochloric acid, a strong acid), the overall acidity of the stomach is reduced but not rendered too alkaline to digest most foods. And since the apple cider vinegar is alkaline forming, it has an overall alkalizing effect on the body, which most people need due to our modern, acid forming diets.

Other Natural Acid Reflux Treatments

While apple cider vinegar is the fastest and best natural treatment for heartburn, there are other choices as well.
Aloe Vera and Coconut Water

Aloe Vera and coconut water are both natural acid neutralizers. Depending on the severity of the heartburn, coconut water or aloe vera can bring immediate, soothing relief. Drink as much as you need.

so, I learned something!

SippinTea

Quote from: MsJennJenn on December 15, 2012, 08:08:28 AM
Bought a fish tonight.
Texted the picture to several friends.
One of which is a guy from work, his "girlfriend" replied back chewing me out.
Didn't even know he had a gf....
Bahahaha she don't even know me... :roll:

Wow. Um, makes me feel sorry for her. It must be horrid to be that insecure in a relationship.  :smirk2:

My drug of choice this morning is ginger peach tea. And it does not cause hiccups. :cool: Stupidity... well, that's another story. :cool:

Okay, I really must go get more alterations done. Paychecks are nice. Even small ones. :thumbsup2: Grateful God gave me the chance for another side job. :)

:beret:
"Not everything that is of God is easy." -Elona

"When you're wildly in love with someone, it changes everything." -F. Chan

"A real live hug anytime you want it is priceless." -Rachel

Chseeads

Organic type apple cider vinegar with "the mother" in it is supposed to be the best kind to take for it's general good traits for health. 

Lynx

"Do you sing at church?"

Melody

yeah, I've heard that.  Sounds legit since fresh is best.  But I can't always afford that and buy the gallon jug of Wal-mart acv.  Still seems to work for that particular issue.  I haven't personally tested the differences.  There's probably vitamins in the organic raw one.

SippinTea

Quote from: Chseeads on December 15, 2012, 06:24:13 PM
Organic type apple cider vinegar with "the mother" in it is supposed to be the best kind to take for it's general good traits for health.

*nod* Yup.

Shall we make Isaac do his own research?? *evil grin*

SippinTea

*grin*

Oops! I forgot I need to get banana bread in the oven before I can start alterations. Bah! Okay, here goes...

Lynx

SippinTea, I'm glad you feel that way about side jobs... how about a navy blue cape?  :D  Do they make gabardine in navy?
"Do you sing at church?"

SippinTea

*laugh* Sure! and yes, I'm sure they do. But I won't have time to start another project that huge until after the first of the year. Trying to figure out how I'm going to get my kiddos Christmas presents made on time. :updown: They're always underfoot, and NOSY!! *lol*

Melody

Quote from: SippinTea on December 15, 2012, 06:31:29 PMI forgot I need to get banana bread in the oven before I can start alterations. Bah! Okay, here goes...

oooh, I'm coming over!

I have been missing my dad something fierce.  I don't know if it's cause of Roscoe's post the other day or the holidays or something more.  My dad is a such a loner, we talk a couple times a month, maybe.  I couldn't get ahold of him the other day and seriously wondered if something was wrong.  Finally he called back.  He's going to be laid off over the holiday.  I looked up flights to see if we could squeeze a trip for him here.  Nope.  about $500.  I can't pull that off.  You'd think that since I went 10yrs, then 14yrs w/o seeing him that I would be fine, but some days I just want one more hug from my dad. 

He'll more than likely get depressed over the holiday, become completely wasted and sit alone.  All while we're running around seeing family, reading the Christmas story, watching old Christmas movies, presents, food, etc.  baah.

The Purple Fuzzy

Lynx

It's 15:30.  They said Grandma would be home by 15:30.  Where's my Grandma?!  :demand:

Nah, I'm not worried - Uncle Ray is driving, he's cool.  Just wish they'd get here. 

Currently I'm listening to an old Steve Camp album.  :)
"Do you sing at church?"