News:

The staff of Godplace.com welcomes you to our little house of fun. If you have a spiritual need, feel free to  contact any staff member.

Main Menu

We got a divorce and he left me behind...sadly SHARING in 4-7-5.

Started by MelodyB, December 13, 2012, 12:26:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MsJennJenn

Quote from: Roscoe on December 17, 2012, 12:35:55 PM
Back at work. If I can make it through today and three more.....another weekend.  :clap: Had good church last night. Have had a situation in the teen class I sometimes teach that has been somewhat difficult. Without a lot of details, one of the boys is dating a girl from another faith, very much against the desires of his family and me, and I have had to be VERY careful to avoid offending and driving her off. Been rough on me, but I felt the Spirit check me....yesterday, we veered off the lesson at her instigation and I was able to address the "once saved always saved" issue, as well as some others that needed addressing, such as Acts 2:38. And then when preaching time came, Bro Papa preached nearly the same words I'd use- right down to the scripture.  :biglaugh:

I blessed you for this post.
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Chseeads

Lynx

Quote from: Chseeads on December 17, 2012, 02:49:58 PM
We don't call you a weirdo for nothing.
We don't call you a weirdo at all.  We heard what happened to the last person...  :scared:
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Roscoe

I followed the spirit of scriptures..kinda...I "blessed them that blessed me". Of course, contrary to scriptures  I smote him that smote me. I am human after all, and turning the other cheek is not my strong suit......:lol:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Melody

Good Morning.  :) 

Count yourselves special you CCEX'ers.  I'm filling out the last of my Christmas cards right now for local friends.  If they're not at church, they're getting a New Year's card.. lol

It's supposed to snow this weekend. 

MsJennJenn

Quote from: Psalm_97 on December 17, 2012, 03:20:32 PM
Quote from: Chseeads on December 17, 2012, 02:49:58 PM
We don't call you a weirdo for nothing.
We don't call you a weirdo at all.  We heard what happened to the last person...  :scared:

I call him weirdo all the time.
I'm not afraid.
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-

The Purple Fuzzy

kkay

Can't wait 'til next Monday! Gonna make some delicious (sounding) pumpkin muffins that don't have any starch or sugar. Yum!

Gonna go get a salad in a minute. I like to get it early so that the chicken isn't super cold :updown:

Chseeads

Quote from: Roscoe on December 17, 2012, 03:28:21 PM
I followed the spirit of scriptures..kinda...I "blessed them that blessed me". Of course, contrary to scriptures  I smote him that smote me. I am human after all, and turning the other cheek is not my strong suit......:lol:

Oh, would you look at the time?  Enough has surpassed that I can smite you again..... 

:P

And yes, WC, that's right.... :up2:

Chseeads

Quote from: kkay on December 17, 2012, 04:23:29 PM
Can't wait 'til next Monday! Gonna make some delicious (sounding) pumpkin muffins that don't have any starch or sugar. Yum!

Gonna go get a salad in a minute. I like to get it early so that the chicken isn't super cold :updown:

Okay, how does one make a pumpkin muffin that has no starch?

MsJennJenn

Quote from: Chseeads on December 17, 2012, 04:50:30 PM
Quote from: kkay on December 17, 2012, 04:23:29 PM

Okay, how does one make a pumpkin muffin that has no starch?

She's confused. lol

I have a recipe for pumpkin muffins that just call for a cake mix and a can of pumpkin and that's all.
Hmm thinking I might make some tonight.
-Alexander Den Heijer-

kkay

:P Not confused. Instead of using flour or something like that, you use almond flour (no starch).

Ingredients:

Muffin mix:
1 1/2 Cups almond flour
1/4 tsp sea salt
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
1/4 tsp ground ginger
1/8 tsp ground cloves
2 Tbsp Butter or coconut oil
1/2 Cup Truvia or stevia
3 large eggs
1 cup canned or fresh mashed pumpkin

Lynx

Doesn't pumpkin have some starch?

And Truvia is no replacement for Stevia.  Grandma picked up some Truvia last night.  One packet of Truvia sweetens a glass of tea.  If you put that much pure Stevia in it would be enough to sweeten five or six gallons of tea.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

Melody

Isaac, I think they have a cup for cup type stevia.  I'm not sure what the filler is.  Maybe it depends what brand?

http://www.intheraw.com/products/faqs/stevia-in-the-raw

"In our cup-for-cup Bakers Bag product, pure stevia leaf extract is co-dried with maltodextrin, a natural carbohydrate derived from corn."

kkay

Pumpkin does have starch, but it's a good starch. Guess I should have said "no added starch, sugar free".

;)

MelodyB

Hello people.

I'm currently talking to Sis Mom. I'm on hold though. He son called and she's talking to him.
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Lynx

I dunno about maltodextrin.  Is it anything like maltitol?  If you eat too much maltitol you can get the worst case of gas you've ever had.  Same with sorbitol, which causes some problems these days in the U.K. because sorbitol is what they use a lot in sugar free gum.  And they call Chicago the windy city...   :biglaugh:

Truvia uses erythritol, which I don't know anything about.  I could probably google it up though.  But given how strong I know pure stevia to be, and how big these packets of Truvia are, there can't be more than 7% stevia in there.
"Do you sing at church?"

kkay

I like Truvia more than Stevia..though Truvia doesn't mix very well sometimes.

sunlight

:attackhug: Be full of hugs!

Lynx

He can't be serious.  Who would threaten Chel?  That's like... like... jailing Santa.  Only happens in the movies.
"Do you sing at church?"

Melody

He might not be thinking straight.  I heard he liked my "all natural" present we sent him.  And he also admitted to having an addictive personality...

Nelle

Mustard is awesome for light burns on your skin as well. A pastor's wife whose husband runs the concession stand at camp let me in on that secret one night when molten nacho cheese got on my hand. Worked like a charm! :)

MJJ: That happened to me once. I ended up being friends with the looney girlfriend from our texting back and forth that day, LOL. Granted.. I tore back when she tore into me.. not too meanly of course. :) We were friends for a while.. even a double date! HAHA..

Ready for Christmas. I am only going to Arkansas AFTER Christmas, but I've still got presents to wrap so I'll accept the weeklong left! :)

MsJennJenn

Quote from: Nelle on December 17, 2012, 08:33:38 PM
MJJ: That happened to me once. I ended up being friends with the looney girlfriend from our texting back and forth that day, LOL. Granted.. I tore back when she tore into me.. not too meanly of course. :) We were friends for a while.. even a double date! HAHA..

haha well I didn't reply. I just called the guy today and chewed him out. Poor guy...apparently it was a drama-filled weekend for him. Because of said girl supposedly. He couldn't tell me the whole story when we were on the phone. He didn't even know I texted him either, or that she texted back. He was mad at that.
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Roscoe

Quote from: sunlight on December 17, 2012, 07:47:39 PM
Roscoe is threatening me!
I was NOT threatening you. I was merely warning you of the consequences of withholding information from law enforcement. :hypocrite:
You just wait........ you will regret snitching on me and not to me. BwaaaaHaaaaHaaa!
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Roscoe

Quote from: MellowYellow on December 17, 2012, 08:15:35 PM
He might not be thinking straight.  I heard he liked my "all natural" present we sent him.  And he also admitted to having an addictive personality...
:pound: :pound: Wait- you ADMIT that your "herb" causes violent tendecies...... Sad.  :noo:
Quote from: Psalm_97 on December 17, 2012, 08:10:17 PM
He can't be serious.  Who would threaten Chel?  That's like... like... jailing Santa.  Only happens in the movies.
All I shall say is the report you have just received should NOT be taken at face value.  :hypocrite:
*And Santa might wanna steer clear of my area. I'm tired of all the Ho,Ho,Ho's. :pound: