News:

Monday is an awful way to spend 1/7th of your life. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

We got a divorce and he left me behind...sadly SHARING in 4-7-5.

Started by MelodyB, December 13, 2012, 12:26:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MelodyB

Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

MelodyB

Ok so it doesn't rhyme exactly...but it's assonance!

;) @ Ruby and Thomas.

Roscoe

Quote from: MelodyB on December 13, 2012, 12:28:26 PM
Ok so it doesn't rhyme exactly...but it's assonance!

;) @ Ruby and Thomas.
I was almost afraid to google that word based on its spelling..... :o

And boys are NOT dumb. Girls are stupid though.... :smirk2:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Chseeads

Lynx

"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Chseeads

MelodyB

Mustard has vinegar in it, it calms down the heat. I've been using it for years...but unless you are fond of mustard, I don't recommend it. Its not my favorite, so I only resort to that when the burning is unbearable. It cools it right down.

I learned that trick from a lady at my very first job. I had burning heartburn, she suggested the mustard, I tried it, it worked, and I've used it ever since.

I wouldnt doubt if it was an ulcer. But I don't have money for Drs. So if it is, it will just have to kill me I suppose. Gotta die of something! :)   

Chseeads

MelodyB

But vinegar helps acid reflux. Can't explain it. It just does.

MsJennJenn

"When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Chseeads

I don't see how that would help mine, I'd think it'd make it worse.....  But anyhoo...

For the record, I was right on both accounts about toilet brush color...there are 2 brushes....one is gold, one is aqua....or thereabouts.

Lynx

Seth:  And you call US weirdos?   :P
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

The Purple Fuzzy

MsJennJenn

"When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

The Purple Fuzzy

Lynx

Nobody has mentioned it yet, so I will - yet another school shooting, this one at an elementary school.  Even little kids are not precious to some these days.
"Do you sing at church?"

The Purple Fuzzy

Lynx

Oh, I forgot to mention:  While I was gadding about yesterday, I stopped by an indoor flea market and found a stall with a LOT of old records.  I only looked through 2 of the 6 boxes of christian music before I ran out of time.  The guy who runs it had a record player, and while he's there he uses it to sort through records he has just got in.  He let me listen to some of them where I wasn't familiar with the group and wanted to hear before buying.  Cool. 

And I found a song that has been plaguing me from childhood - couldn't remember the singer or song title, just the bridge.  It was Steve Camp, "Ambassador in chains."

"Carry on, Timothy my brother
Be my mouthpiece when I'm gone
Show His love to another
Don't walk shy because you're young
You'll grow strong in the righteous one
Mending broken hearts in this troubled land
You could be mending broken hearts with the Savior's hand"
"Do you sing at church?"

kkay

Lunch was GREAT. Hard to stick to my diet (which I guess *technically* I didn't) but it wasn't as hard as I thought it would be. I'll be glad when I don't gain 100 lbs. from overeating :)

Done with work for the day. Trying to figure out what else to do.

SippinTea

I just saw that on FB, Isaac. *sigh* So many hurting people in the world this holiday season. Makes me so sad.

Kkay, glad he wants to go to church with you! :)

:beret:
"Not everything that is of God is easy." -Elona

"When you're wildly in love with someone, it changes everything." -F. Chan

"A real live hug anytime you want it is priceless." -Rachel

Melody

Quote from: Psalm_97 on December 14, 2012, 07:23:27 PMNobody has mentioned it yet, so I will - yet another school shooting, this one at an elementary school.  Even little kids are not precious to some these days.

I tried to post from my phone but it didn't go through.  We heard on the radio on the way to Costco. In Conneticut, a town they touted as being the safest place in America. A 24yr old guy, killed someone at home, went to the school, went to the class his mother teaches? killed her and all the little 25 1st graders, then himself.  Hannah and I just cried and prayed.  All those babies not coming home today.  It makes a heart so very heavy.  :cry2:

The kids had to hide in closets and then buddy up and keep their eyes closed while they were led out of the building. 

Andrew's school had a lock down not too long ago.  Nothing came of it but still.  We try and make it a point every morning to pray over his school, to keep it safe, to remove any unsafe person or thing that might be there. 

Lord help this country.

Melody

Ruby, do you suppliment math?  I keep hearing about people supplimenting w/ Saxon math.

Roscoe

Quote from: Psalm_97 on December 14, 2012, 07:23:27 PM
Nobody has mentioned it yet, so I will - yet another school shooting, this one at an elementary school.  Even little kids are not precious to some these days.
I am crushed. It's bad enough someone going nuts and killing adults, but at least they had a chance to defend themselves. Those babies didn't have a chance...
Makes me want to go get my baby and just sit and hold her tight. God help those parents that watched their little one run out the door this moment for the last time. And coming from a law enforcement standpoint, God help those officers and paramedics that responded. I know from personal experience those scenes will live forever in their minds, along with the haunting question "Is there something I could've done?"

And for you other parents- make sure that you've talked with your kids about how to react in a situation like this. Don't let them be sitting ducks....:cry:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

The Purple Fuzzy

Roscoe, what would you tell them?  They are little and have no control.  What should you tell them to help them not be sitting ducks?

Lynx

A few flippant replied immediately spring to mind... but... I don't think this is really the right time for flip remarks.   :-\

What CAN a parent say to help a kid face something like that?
"Do you sing at church?"