News:

Monday is an awful way to spend 1/7th of your life. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

Cool pictures of God's creation

Started by Melody, November 20, 2012, 05:04:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Melody

I'm fascinated with the creativity of God.

Rainbow Eucalyptus - Hawaii

Fluorescent Fireworm

MsJennJenn

I too, am amazed at God's creativity. I think that there are animals in the sea that we don't know about too, because they're too far down for our human abilities to reach.
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Lynx

Well there's something leaving big sucker marks all over whales when they dive deep enough.  Nobody knows yet what it is, but they look like marks from a very large squid.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Chseeads

Quote from: MsJennJenn on November 20, 2012, 05:10:33 PM
I too, am amazed at God's creativity. I think that there are animals in the sea that we don't know about too, because they're too far down for our human abilities to reach.

* Chseeads bursts into song:

Unda da sea, unda da see, daling it's betta down where it's wetta, take it from me....

:bustamove:

Melody

Melody

Nembrotha cristata - alpaca of the sea

Owl Butterfly Eggs

This is a rare meteorological phenomenon called a skypunch. When people see these, they think it's the end of the world. Ice crystals form above the high-altitude cirro-cumulo-stratus clouds, then fall downward, punching a hole in the cloud cover.

Melody

Russia- "Lena's stone forest" or "Lena's Stone Pillars"

Venezuelan Poodle Moth

Flawless 540 carat Aquamarine with unique double-helix like inclusion / Northern Areas, Pakistan

Melody

The Mycena lux-coeli mushrooms, known locally as shii no tomobishi-dake (literally, "chinquapin glow mushrooms"), sprout from fallen chinquapin trees. As they grow, a chemical reaction involving luciferin (a light-emitting pigment contained within the mushrooms) occurs, causing them to glow a ghostly green.

transparent shrimp

Niki

When you say "Jesus" you've said everything.

sunlight

:attackhug: Be full of hugs!

Heather

Mellers is posting pictures of mushrooms!!  :hippy:
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

Chseeads

Melody

Vulturine guinea fowl

Mossy Inlet, Iceland

Melody

Mangano Calcite (Pagoda form) Manoshan, Chenzoh area, Hunan, China

moth antenna

white peacock

Melody

Baobab is the common name of a genus (Adansonia) containing eight species of trees, native to Madagascar, mainland Africa and Australia. Also known as the Bottle Tree, not only do they look like bottles, but the trees typically store around 300 liters of water! No wonder why they often live over 500 years!

cuttlefish in the Netherlands

Rafflesia arnoldii the world's largest flower. Diameter of about one meter and weighing up to ten kilograms. It's rare & not easily located, growing once a year, blooming for 5 days. The flower looks and smells like rotting flesh & is related to violets, poinsettias & passionflowers. It's nickname is "meat flower" or "corpse flower". Found in Indonesian rain forests of southeastern Asia and Philippines.

Melody

glowing firefly squid of Toyama, Japan

Ocean Jasper

Microscopic shot of a hummingbird hawk moth's tongue

Melody

Golden Tortoise Beetle

Monkey Face Orchid.

It's a real thing, I almost didn't believe it. Ecuador and Peru.

Melody

According to geneticist Avigdor Kahanera of the Hebrew University in Jerusalem, the future of mass poultry farming in warmer countries is breeding birds without feathers!

Melody

"A rare optic sight, the "Brocken spectre," which occurs when a person stands at a higher altitude in the mountains and sees his shadow cast on a cloud at a lower altitude."

Thor's Helmet Nebula

Pictures like that do not make me feel insignificant at all.  Quite the opposite.  Makes me feel like God decided we were quite special, so special He made a whole universe just for us.  ♥

The heavens are telling the glory of God;
and the firmament proclaims his handiwork.
Day to day pours forth speech,
and night to night declares knowledge.
There is no speech, nor are there words;
their voice is not heard;
yet their voice goes out through all the earth,
and their words to the end of the world.

In the heavens he has set a tent for the sun,
which comes out like a bridegroom from his wedding canopy,
and like a strong man runs its course with joy.
Its rising is from the end of the heavens,
and its circuit to the end of them;
and nothing is hid from its heat.
Psalm 19:1-6

....but in the living God, who gives us richly all things to enjoy;
1 Timothy 6:17b

Melody

Melody

Aerogel, also know as frozen smoke, is the world's lowest density solid, clocking in at 96% air. If you hold a small piece in your hand, it's practically impossible to either see or feel, but if you poke it, it's like styrofoam. It supports up to 4,000 times its own weight and can withstand a direct blast from two pounds of dynamite. It's also the best insulator in existence.

Ominous Storm, The Bermuda Triangle